or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3645  

post #54661 of 78724

Today's outfit.

 

Suit - Zegna

Shirt - Eton

Tie - Rosen (decidedly not SF-approved, I know)

PS - Zegna

Shoes - Santoni

 

post #54662 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

Yeah, I was being kind of picky, but I don't care that much anymore.  I'll let yours in and let the people decide.  

this is a fair and just decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

its funny....i think most of the fits i think will get an awful reaction here are usually the best received. And the ones i feel are the best are the most ill received. (camo and cargos excluded haha)
i guess this just proves ive learned nothing yet. lol8[1].gif

same here. the crappier i think the fit is, the better it is received. oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

As do I. It was my first bespoke suit, made before I knew what I was doing. I had them make it longer than they wanted (they wanted it two inches shorter) but I neglected to have them lower the buttoning point to account for the increased length. As is, it just barely covers my ass. Lesson learned.

i learned teh same lesson. its a suck expensive lesson to learn too.
post #54663 of 78724

Nice suit, RogerP!

post #54664 of 78724

I've jumped the shark. My wife is cracking up....but not with me...definitely at me. 

 

I decided to take tomorrow's pictures today. We're having dinner with her (our?) parents and lunch with her sisters (both of whom totally rock). Mrs.Clag kept berating me as I tried to take my pictures, much to her amusement, the entire time (keep in mind I've woken her up and it's in the middle of the night here). The result is pretty much: fuck it. Mrs. Clag is pleased that she got to mess with me. I'm....not displeased that she's so pleased.

 

 

At this point, she is making faces to distract me.

 

post #54665 of 78724

What jacket is that? Looks excellent.

 

My girlfriend cracks up at me too. lol. 

post #54666 of 78724
whats to laugh at? i mean, sure, the color palate looks like you stole it from a retired to florida jewish man, but i think it works for you.
post #54667 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

whats to laugh at? i mean, sure, the color palate looks like you stole it from a retired to florida jewish man, but i think it works for you.


I don't know...that blue really speaks to me. I felt a similar feeling when having it made which is why I opted for at least some structuring (figuring the retirees suits would be pretty shapeless.

post #54668 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

whats to laugh at? i mean, sure, the color palate looks like you stole it from a retired to florida jewish man, but i think it works for you.

Happily, the material doesn't look like it's polyester double-knit, which a Jewish retiree in Florida might still sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


I don't know...that blue really speaks to me. I felt a similar feeling when having it made which is why I opted for at least some structuring (figuring the retirees suits would be pretty shapeless.

The shape of your jacket is definitely not that of someone retired to Boca Raton or thereabouts - no hint of being in the market for one of the local silver foxes satisfied.gif
post #54669 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post


 no hint of being in the market for one of the local silver wolvessatisfied.gif

FTFY

post #54670 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Today's outfit.

 

Suit - Zegna

Shirt - Eton

Tie - Rosen (decidedly not SF-approved, I know)

PS - Zegna

Shoes - Santoni

 

Love that Zegna DB suit! Fits beautifully.

post #54671 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Today's outfit.

Suit - Zegna
Shirt - Eton
Tie - Rosen (decidedly not SF-approved, I know)
PS - Zegna
Shoes - Santoni


This is where the Standing Ovation Emoticon would come in handy....
post #54672 of 78724

Is that a pair of high rise trousers I see, Claghorn?

 

Looks great on you, definately much better than low rise fing02[1].gif

post #54673 of 78724
Roger - that suit look spectacular on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I don't know...that blue really speaks to me. I felt a similar feeling when having it made which is why I opted for at least some structuring (figuring the retirees suits would be pretty shapeless.

the shape is decidedly not old man retiree. just the light sea blue color. :poke:

but srs, it looks great on you.
post #54674 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I've jumped the shark. My wife is cracking up....but not with me...definitely at me. 

 

I decided to take tomorrow's pictures today. We're having dinner with her (our?) parents and lunch with her sisters (both of whom totally rock). Mrs.Clag kept berating me as I tried to take my pictures, much to her amusement, the entire time (keep in mind I've woken her up and it's in the middle of the night here). The result is pretty much: fuck it. Mrs. Clag is pleased that she got to mess with me. I'm....not displeased that she's so pleased.

 

 

At this point, she is making faces to distract me.

 


This is just fantastic fistbump.gif

post #54675 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

Nothing boring about this. Not a fan of shantung ties, but love the shoes! Info please?

A german brand called Langer&Messmer. Can really recommend them: http://www.langer-messmer.de/langer-messmer-1/klassik/langer-messmer-modell-berlin-farbe-kastanie-3104.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post

I like you being boring, Sander!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post

I also think your outfit is boringly excellent Sander bigstar[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

thanks for all the likes yesterday, guys!

sander, i dont care if its boring, it looks great.

AAS - i usually drape my ties over a jacket hanger and then put a jacket on the hanger or i bring a small tie box and store them in there. either option has yet to fail me.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugotes View Post

To actually contribute (and show my awesome new Boglioli jacket)...
cheers.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Lapel looks a little small, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

What I'm wearing today for the challenge.  Went a little crazy with it.  bounce2.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Great tie! Where from?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III