I will admit though, there's a market to be had for a longer, sturdy, tie case. Maybe one as long as the common case, as to prevent the crease from being right in the middle of the tie.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3639post #54571 of 787247/10/13 at 4:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54572 of 787247/10/13 at 4:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
The tie has side seams and has four different patterned silks. I don't like traveling with a bunch of ties. They usually come out of my luggage wrinkled and rumpled. I usually roll them up and try to store them someplace they don't get smashed. I've tried to lay them flat also, but the same thing happens. I've seen a few different tie carrier options. How do your guys travel with your ties?
A few options for packing ties while traveling:
I take grenadines which are very hard to wrinkle
If I'm packing shoes I might roll one up and store in each shoe.
If I'm taking a hanging garment bag I might roll into a loose oval which fits around the outside of the shoulder pocket of the garment bag (the pocket in the angle between the upper corner and the shoulder of the hanger) the inner oval is a good size to hold a few pairs of socks or my cuff link case or whatever
I got a cylindrical pleather tie case from The Tie Bar which can hold two ties
I got a traditional long rectangular leather Coach tie case off eBay which can hold six ties
Never get wrinkles and rumples with any of the above options.post #54573 of 787247/10/13 at 7:50pmpost #54574 of 787247/10/13 at 7:57pm
AAS - that tie is an abomination.
I can understand space being limited for shoes - they take up a lot of room, but ties do not and bow ties even less. I just roll up my ties and place them neatly in a old shoe bag. It works fine. Never had a problem with wrinkles.post #54575 of 787247/10/13 at 8:06pmpost #54576 of 787247/10/13 at 11:25pmpost #54577 of 787247/10/13 at 11:57pmpost #54578 of 787247/11/13 at 12:01ampost #54579 of 787247/11/13 at 3:40ampost #54580 of 787247/11/13 at 4:05am
Latest MTM, unstructured (besides shoulder padding) Holland & Sherry seersucker DB. Still not perfect but getting there. Unnoticeable in the pics (because I didn't want anyone to focus on that) is a very slightly long back balance, and more noticeable is the low gorge that the factory decided to do because I asked to lower the button stance; should have lowered the stance without lowering the gorge. Overall pretty happy with it though.
Oh, and I wish I could wear this jacket with the latest Rubinacci knit I had bought, but it was robbed along with my Real Teatro di San Carlo pocket square. Humanity sucks.
Edited by RDiaz - 7/11/13 at 8:11ampost #54581 of 787247/11/13 at 5:13am
Hello gentlemen, first picture and first post for me here on SF.
Just to provide a short background about myself, I'm 23 and I'm from Italy (my family is from Biella, you might (should? ) know it for its wool), even though I'm quite a traveller (I'm studying in Paris, and I just came back from London where I spent last semester).
Anyway, being a student I don't wear suits too often (apart from summer internships), but yesterday I had an interview, so I decided to take a picture and join the community (which I've been reading for a few weeks).
Since the interview was for an entry-level position in an investment bank, I decided to wear something 'conservative' and avoid flashy colors and/or mixing too many patterns or colors, so the final output might look a bit "boring", bit I still quite like it.
(I realized the picture is quite dark and the suit looks kinda black, however it's just a 'dark charcoal')post #54582 of 787247/11/13 at 5:30ampost #54583 of 787247/11/13 at 5:44ampost #54584 of 787247/11/13 at 5:49am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 2 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 10 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)