Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Last edited: 9/1/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3633post #54481 of 787217/9/13 at 7:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54482 of 787217/9/13 at 7:32pmpost #54483 of 787217/9/13 at 7:35pmAAS, your shoes may not meet mimo's standards, but I'd say all but the wingtip sneaks and maybe the boat shoes are fine. It looks like you have the all of the bases covered (and in the case of the bit loafers, smothered), so there's no need to buy any additional shoes which aren't a step up in quality and shape. In other words, save your pennies and hold out for some good, mid-tier footwear.post #54484 of 787217/9/13 at 7:54pmpost #54485 of 787217/9/13 at 8:07pmpost #54486 of 787217/9/13 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
didnt get to take top pics til after dark, so the lighting is horrendous making the colors off. sorry.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think the shirt and tie are kind of washed out. I think a darker tie would be better. Also the socks are awesome. Details. Also, I dislike the shoes for reasons mentioned before.post #54487 of 787217/9/13 at 8:42pmpost #54488 of 787217/9/13 at 8:56pmQuote:
I agree about the tie. Also Stichy, I've given you shit in the past for your ridiculous man crush on Spoo, but I have to give you credit here for not following Spoo and Henry Carter in wearing striped shirts with those tall exposed collar bands. Sets of stripes running in three different directions around the tie knot (which is the focal point of an outfit) just give me a headache. The style you have chosen here looks much better IMO.post #54489 of 787217/9/13 at 9:08pmQuote:
you can blame the top issues on the lighting. they look a lot better together and far less washed out in normal lighting conditions. the tie is predominantly brown and the shirt blue. too dark a tie and i lose contrast against the jacket which is a darker navy.
this is as close to reality as i can get at present without natural light.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
all that being said, its not my fave combo by a long shot.
socks are RL, a secret santa gift from edmorel this past december. no recollection as to why you dislike the shoes, and thats fine with me.Quote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I agree about the tie. Also Stichy, I've given you shit in the past for your ridiculous man crush on Spoo, but I have to give you credit here for not following Spoo and Henry Carter in wearing striped shirts with those tall exposed collar bands. Sets of stripes running in three different directions around the tie knot (which is the focal point of an outfit) just give me a headache. The style you have chosen here looks much better IMO.
glad this appeased you.
though i dont think i have a "ridiculous man crush" on spoo. he is a good friend, we have met up a number of times, and i think he dresses well. if that makes for a man crush, so be it.post #54490 of 787217/9/13 at 9:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
you can blame the top issues on the lighting. they look a lor better together and far less washed out in normal lighting conditions. the tie is predominantly brown and the shirt blue. ill try and snap a better pic another time.
socks are RL, a secret santa gift from edmorel this past december. no recollection as to why you dislike the shoes, and thats fine with me.
glad this appeased you.
though i dont think i have a "man crush" on spoo. he is a good friend, we have met up a number of times, and i think he dresses well. I frequently reference him in my posts, have an encyclopedic knowledge of his entire wardrobe which I use to answer questions on this forum directed at him, and had pictures taken in his car. if that makes for a man crush, so be it.
So we're in agreement then! Score one for detente!post #54491 of 787217/9/13 at 9:19pm
I've got several with higher collar bands, some striped, just because I have a big head and the large collar helps balance it out. Stitchy doesn't have a giant head, so he's no need. Don't know about Spoo and HC.post #54492 of 787217/9/13 at 9:24pmpost #54493 of 787217/9/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
derek is going to have a field day with that when he gets here in a few hours.
that being said, since all my shirts are RTW, the lack of a high neck band is purely coincidental. i think a lot of spoos are finamore, and i only have one finamore, and its a solid. could also just be the way the collar lays on fat neck maybe?post #54494 of 787217/9/13 at 9:32pmI'm 6 foot 2 with a long neck. Low collar bands are the pits for blokes my height. I see what you mean about the stripes, but it is what it is. I'd rather that than look like longy the long neck.post #54495 of 787217/10/13 at 12:01amQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
The color scheme and all seems fine, but the fit of the jacket seems odd. It may just be your build, but the shoulders are very square and broad and the waist looks very tapered. It looks quite extreme. Your arms look very long as well. I'd say the sleeves are a little bit too long. Not that big a deal though.Quote:Originally Posted by Citan1145
I think that is just me for better or worse. The shoulders are very naturally sloped and don't overhang my shoulder. I am a 42 chest and 33 waist (not a huge drop) but that may account for it. The sleeves are an optical illusion of the angle, about .5 inch of the shirt sleeves peeks through though they could be a tad shorter I suppose for some tastes.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, I think this has been brought up before over in MC:Casual some time ago. Citan, like I, has broad hips which emphasizes the waist taper.
I don't think it's too big of a deal IMO, still a great fit!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 second ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 33 seconds ago
- › The Official Wolf vs Goat affiliate thread 43 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue 11D Brown 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth