Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3633post #54481 of 787177/9/13 at 7:35pmAAS, your shoes may not meet mimo's standards, but I'd say all but the wingtip sneaks and maybe the boat shoes are fine. It looks like you have the all of the bases covered (and in the case of the bit loafers, smothered), so there's no need to buy any additional shoes which aren't a step up in quality and shape. In other words, save your pennies and hold out for some good, mid-tier footwear.post #54482 of 787177/9/13 at 7:54pmpost #54483 of 787177/9/13 at 8:07pmpost #54484 of 787177/9/13 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
didnt get to take top pics til after dark, so the lighting is horrendous making the colors off. sorry.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think the shirt and tie are kind of washed out. I think a darker tie would be better. Also the socks are awesome. Details. Also, I dislike the shoes for reasons mentioned before.post #54485 of 787177/9/13 at 8:42pmpost #54486 of 787177/9/13 at 8:56pmQuote:
I agree about the tie. Also Stichy, I've given you shit in the past for your ridiculous man crush on Spoo, but I have to give you credit here for not following Spoo and Henry Carter in wearing striped shirts with those tall exposed collar bands. Sets of stripes running in three different directions around the tie knot (which is the focal point of an outfit) just give me a headache. The style you have chosen here looks much better IMO.post #54487 of 787177/9/13 at 9:08pmQuote:
you can blame the top issues on the lighting. they look a lot better together and far less washed out in normal lighting conditions. the tie is predominantly brown and the shirt blue. too dark a tie and i lose contrast against the jacket which is a darker navy.
this is as close to reality as i can get at present without natural light.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
all that being said, its not my fave combo by a long shot.
socks are RL, a secret santa gift from edmorel this past december. no recollection as to why you dislike the shoes, and thats fine with me.Quote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I agree about the tie. Also Stichy, I've given you shit in the past for your ridiculous man crush on Spoo, but I have to give you credit here for not following Spoo and Henry Carter in wearing striped shirts with those tall exposed collar bands. Sets of stripes running in three different directions around the tie knot (which is the focal point of an outfit) just give me a headache. The style you have chosen here looks much better IMO.
glad this appeased you.
though i dont think i have a "ridiculous man crush" on spoo. he is a good friend, we have met up a number of times, and i think he dresses well. if that makes for a man crush, so be it.post #54488 of 787177/9/13 at 9:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
you can blame the top issues on the lighting. they look a lor better together and far less washed out in normal lighting conditions. the tie is predominantly brown and the shirt blue. ill try and snap a better pic another time.
socks are RL, a secret santa gift from edmorel this past december. no recollection as to why you dislike the shoes, and thats fine with me.
glad this appeased you.
though i dont think i have a "man crush" on spoo. he is a good friend, we have met up a number of times, and i think he dresses well. I frequently reference him in my posts, have an encyclopedic knowledge of his entire wardrobe which I use to answer questions on this forum directed at him, and had pictures taken in his car. if that makes for a man crush, so be it.
So we're in agreement then! Score one for detente!post #54489 of 787177/9/13 at 9:19pm
I've got several with higher collar bands, some striped, just because I have a big head and the large collar helps balance it out. Stitchy doesn't have a giant head, so he's no need. Don't know about Spoo and HC.post #54490 of 787177/9/13 at 9:24pmpost #54491 of 787177/9/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
derek is going to have a field day with that when he gets here in a few hours.
that being said, since all my shirts are RTW, the lack of a high neck band is purely coincidental. i think a lot of spoos are finamore, and i only have one finamore, and its a solid. could also just be the way the collar lays on fat neck maybe?post #54492 of 787177/9/13 at 9:32pmpost #54493 of 787177/10/13 at 12:01amQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
The color scheme and all seems fine, but the fit of the jacket seems odd. It may just be your build, but the shoulders are very square and broad and the waist looks very tapered. It looks quite extreme. Your arms look very long as well. I'd say the sleeves are a little bit too long. Not that big a deal though.Quote:Originally Posted by Citan1145
I think that is just me for better or worse. The shoulders are very naturally sloped and don't overhang my shoulder. I am a 42 chest and 33 waist (not a huge drop) but that may account for it. The sleeves are an optical illusion of the angle, about .5 inch of the shirt sleeves peeks through though they could be a tad shorter I suppose for some tastes.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, I think this has been brought up before over in MC:Casual some time ago. Citan, like I, has broad hips which emphasizes the waist taper.
I don't think it's too big of a deal IMO, still a great fit!post #54494 of 787177/10/13 at 12:08ampost #54495 of 787177/10/13 at 3:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Drudged
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not exactly a CBD CM fit, but it was comfortable nonetheless...
The cardigan and shirt are from Inis Meain, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite manufacturers.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › East Sicily Tailors 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › What is wrong with Brioni? 6 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › How to store ties 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding