Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3633post #54481 of 787237/9/13 at 5:03pmI think that is just me for better or worse. The shoulders are very naturally sloped and don't overhang my shoulder. I am a 42 chest and 33 waist (not a huge drop) but that may account for it. The sleeves are an optical illusion of the angle, about .5 inch of the shirt sleeves peeks through though they could be a tad shorter I suppose for some tastes.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54482 of 787237/9/13 at 5:10pmpost #54483 of 787237/9/13 at 7:31pmpost #54484 of 787237/9/13 at 7:32pmpost #54485 of 787237/9/13 at 7:35pmAAS, your shoes may not meet mimo's standards, but I'd say all but the wingtip sneaks and maybe the boat shoes are fine. It looks like you have the all of the bases covered (and in the case of the bit loafers, smothered), so there's no need to buy any additional shoes which aren't a step up in quality and shape. In other words, save your pennies and hold out for some good, mid-tier footwear.post #54486 of 787237/9/13 at 7:54pmpost #54487 of 787237/9/13 at 8:07pmpost #54488 of 787237/9/13 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
didnt get to take top pics til after dark, so the lighting is horrendous making the colors off. sorry.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think the shirt and tie are kind of washed out. I think a darker tie would be better. Also the socks are awesome. Details. Also, I dislike the shoes for reasons mentioned before.post #54489 of 787237/9/13 at 8:42pmpost #54490 of 787237/9/13 at 8:56pmQuote:
I agree about the tie. Also Stichy, I've given you shit in the past for your ridiculous man crush on Spoo, but I have to give you credit here for not following Spoo and Henry Carter in wearing striped shirts with those tall exposed collar bands. Sets of stripes running in three different directions around the tie knot (which is the focal point of an outfit) just give me a headache. The style you have chosen here looks much better IMO.post #54491 of 787237/9/13 at 9:08pmQuote:
you can blame the top issues on the lighting. they look a lot better together and far less washed out in normal lighting conditions. the tie is predominantly brown and the shirt blue. too dark a tie and i lose contrast against the jacket which is a darker navy.
this is as close to reality as i can get at present without natural light.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
all that being said, its not my fave combo by a long shot.
socks are RL, a secret santa gift from edmorel this past december. no recollection as to why you dislike the shoes, and thats fine with me.Quote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I agree about the tie. Also Stichy, I've given you shit in the past for your ridiculous man crush on Spoo, but I have to give you credit here for not following Spoo and Henry Carter in wearing striped shirts with those tall exposed collar bands. Sets of stripes running in three different directions around the tie knot (which is the focal point of an outfit) just give me a headache. The style you have chosen here looks much better IMO.
glad this appeased you.
though i dont think i have a "ridiculous man crush" on spoo. he is a good friend, we have met up a number of times, and i think he dresses well. if that makes for a man crush, so be it.post #54492 of 787237/9/13 at 9:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
you can blame the top issues on the lighting. they look a lor better together and far less washed out in normal lighting conditions. the tie is predominantly brown and the shirt blue. ill try and snap a better pic another time.
socks are RL, a secret santa gift from edmorel this past december. no recollection as to why you dislike the shoes, and thats fine with me.
glad this appeased you.
though i dont think i have a "man crush" on spoo. he is a good friend, we have met up a number of times, and i think he dresses well. I frequently reference him in my posts, have an encyclopedic knowledge of his entire wardrobe which I use to answer questions on this forum directed at him, and had pictures taken in his car. if that makes for a man crush, so be it.
So we're in agreement then! Score one for detente!post #54493 of 787237/9/13 at 9:19pm
I've got several with higher collar bands, some striped, just because I have a big head and the large collar helps balance it out. Stitchy doesn't have a giant head, so he's no need. Don't know about Spoo and HC.post #54494 of 787237/9/13 at 9:24pmpost #54495 of 787237/9/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
derek is going to have a field day with that when he gets here in a few hours.
that being said, since all my shirts are RTW, the lack of a high neck band is purely coincidental. i think a lot of spoos are finamore, and i only have one finamore, and its a solid. could also just be the way the collar lays on fat neck maybe?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › NFL 2014-15 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Canali's shoes quality 3 minutes ago
- › Brand new YSL Messager BAG from 2012 collection, huge disccount 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 3 minutes ago
- › Cole Haan Madison Captoe 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 5 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)