Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3633post #54481 of 787227/9/13 at 5:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54482 of 787227/9/13 at 7:31pmpost #54483 of 787227/9/13 at 7:32pmpost #54484 of 787227/9/13 at 7:35pmAAS, your shoes may not meet mimo's standards, but I'd say all but the wingtip sneaks and maybe the boat shoes are fine. It looks like you have the all of the bases covered (and in the case of the bit loafers, smothered), so there's no need to buy any additional shoes which aren't a step up in quality and shape. In other words, save your pennies and hold out for some good, mid-tier footwear.post #54485 of 787227/9/13 at 7:54pmpost #54486 of 787227/9/13 at 8:07pmpost #54487 of 787227/9/13 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
didnt get to take top pics til after dark, so the lighting is horrendous making the colors off. sorry.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think the shirt and tie are kind of washed out. I think a darker tie would be better. Also the socks are awesome. Details. Also, I dislike the shoes for reasons mentioned before.post #54488 of 787227/9/13 at 8:42pmpost #54489 of 787227/9/13 at 8:56pmQuote:
I agree about the tie. Also Stichy, I've given you shit in the past for your ridiculous man crush on Spoo, but I have to give you credit here for not following Spoo and Henry Carter in wearing striped shirts with those tall exposed collar bands. Sets of stripes running in three different directions around the tie knot (which is the focal point of an outfit) just give me a headache. The style you have chosen here looks much better IMO.post #54490 of 787227/9/13 at 9:08pmQuote:
you can blame the top issues on the lighting. they look a lot better together and far less washed out in normal lighting conditions. the tie is predominantly brown and the shirt blue. too dark a tie and i lose contrast against the jacket which is a darker navy.
this is as close to reality as i can get at present without natural light.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
all that being said, its not my fave combo by a long shot.
socks are RL, a secret santa gift from edmorel this past december. no recollection as to why you dislike the shoes, and thats fine with me.Quote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I agree about the tie. Also Stichy, I've given you shit in the past for your ridiculous man crush on Spoo, but I have to give you credit here for not following Spoo and Henry Carter in wearing striped shirts with those tall exposed collar bands. Sets of stripes running in three different directions around the tie knot (which is the focal point of an outfit) just give me a headache. The style you have chosen here looks much better IMO.
glad this appeased you.
though i dont think i have a "ridiculous man crush" on spoo. he is a good friend, we have met up a number of times, and i think he dresses well. if that makes for a man crush, so be it.post #54491 of 787227/9/13 at 9:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
you can blame the top issues on the lighting. they look a lor better together and far less washed out in normal lighting conditions. the tie is predominantly brown and the shirt blue. ill try and snap a better pic another time.
socks are RL, a secret santa gift from edmorel this past december. no recollection as to why you dislike the shoes, and thats fine with me.
glad this appeased you.
though i dont think i have a "man crush" on spoo. he is a good friend, we have met up a number of times, and i think he dresses well. I frequently reference him in my posts, have an encyclopedic knowledge of his entire wardrobe which I use to answer questions on this forum directed at him, and had pictures taken in his car. if that makes for a man crush, so be it.
So we're in agreement then! Score one for detente!post #54492 of 787227/9/13 at 9:19pm
I've got several with higher collar bands, some striped, just because I have a big head and the large collar helps balance it out. Stitchy doesn't have a giant head, so he's no need. Don't know about Spoo and HC.post #54493 of 787227/9/13 at 9:24pmpost #54494 of 787227/9/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
derek is going to have a field day with that when he gets here in a few hours.
that being said, since all my shirts are RTW, the lack of a high neck band is purely coincidental. i think a lot of spoos are finamore, and i only have one finamore, and its a solid. could also just be the way the collar lays on fat neck maybe?post #54495 of 787227/9/13 at 9:32pmI'm 6 foot 2 with a long neck. Low collar bands are the pits for blokes my height. I see what you mean about the stripes, but it is what it is. I'd rather that than look like longy the long neck.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 17 seconds ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...