Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3628post #54406 of 787247/9/13 at 12:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54407 of 787247/9/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
My comment on AAS has nothing to do with what I've worn in the past.
Recently you, PB, add nothing but snark to the forum. I understand you are way too "cool" and to "senior member" to actually contribute something other than BS here, but what do I know...post #54408 of 787247/9/13 at 12:18pmpost #54409 of 787247/9/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
I think most of us have a tendency to express our opinions more stridently on the internet than in real life, and I would hope usually with tongue obviously in cheek. "Horsebit loafers must be burned, and the ashes exorcised" is a perfectly reasonable statement for this thread, but not designed to offend, really. So if I do, or might have done, I consider it gentlemanly to reassure fellow posters of my good intentions. I guess it varies from thread to thread anyway. This is the worst, of course. TWAT is probably the best. And in "Ask a question" I'm borderline beatified.
Anyway, I'm always nice. Jerk.post #54410 of 787247/9/13 at 12:25pmQuote:
truth. you suck at clothes, and you smell bad. also, your have bad hair.post #54411 of 787247/9/13 at 12:25pm
What is happening here. Can I buy everyone a drink?
It's just clothes people. Let's all hug it out.
Thank you for the suggestions. I will take them to heart, but it may take some time and some money which I'm not made of. I got all my shoes for under $90. Most under $75. I should take better care of them and I've been making an effort as of late to do so.
I really do appreciate any comments you guys offer. No one's opinion is wrong. I have opinions, but I'm open to suggestions.
These are all of my current shoes. These are the pickings. Don't you all love how I have these things available.post #54412 of 787247/9/13 at 12:28pmpost #54413 of 787247/9/13 at 12:30pmpost #54414 of 787247/9/13 at 12:31pmpost #54415 of 787247/9/13 at 12:36pmpost #54416 of 787247/9/13 at 12:38pmI know I am not alone in this, but I personally don't understand loafers and sneakers. I mean, there is always a better option unless you are wearing sneakers playing a sport of some sort. Loafers always come across as lazy to me. It is one thing that I notice about most trends. In order for something to take off it has to be obtained cheaply, and be easy. This seems to be the recipe that leads to a fad. Now loafers, of course, aren't a fad at all(even though they kinda are right now), but they are quite the opposite of a fad in their history, but tell me what loafer looks better than a norwegian split-toe? Or a wingtip derby? Or a suede buck? That's right, nothing.
Some say it is a weather thing. Anything else is too robust for the weather. Ok, it is hot, I understand that, but not so hot that it would make me want to wear loafers.post #54417 of 787247/9/13 at 12:39pmpost #54418 of 787247/9/13 at 12:40pmpost #54419 of 787247/9/13 at 12:40pm
2-5. Tasteful, classic designs, but do they fit? Instep looks a little low for you from this angle (same for me with some US shoes) and the last shape might not be ideal for you.
6. Not bad, but again, fitting properly? Down one size, up one width perhaps.
7. Hard to tell; classic style, why do they look so loose around the heel?
8. Meh. Conceptually nice, but look as cheap as you say they were.
9. For teenaged girls, or at a push, jeans and dim light.
10. Shapeless AND horrible.
11. Robustly horrible.
12, 13. See 9
15, 16. Rather nice from this angle, and the kind of thing I think others suggested as consistent with your style (not PB, obviously, but until you've five black captoes side by side, he can never love you).
17, 18. Disposable.
19-22. Pop the Zippo, call a priest.
You're in the City. I suggest getting measured up at Allen Edmonds or similar. I suspect, like a lot of people, you are up-sizing a lot instead of going up a width. Your heel shape might also be causing you some fit issues - but only you know. With a bit of ammunition on your size and experimenting with some sizes and last shapes, I think you'll be in a better position. Actually, as someone failry new to AE myself, I find them quite helpful: they have seemingly infinite size variations and a few different lasts, so it seems a good place to experiment, and a well-known starting point for subsequent reference ("I'm a 10E in AE 5 last, what size in....?" etc).
Sharper loafers are already in your locker by the look of it, as are some classic dress shoes. Put some investigation into what really fits you. Maybe if you like things a bit more casual, try some dress styles in suede, also a chukka and a monk. There's a whole world of joy out there.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Make your leather accessories 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 10 minutes ago
- › BNIB Alden plain toe unlined tan suede blucher, 8.5eee 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 20 minutes ago
- › Does dressing well really make a difference? 25 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 35 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)