Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3628post #54406 of 787197/9/13 at 12:18pmpost #54407 of 787197/9/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
I think most of us have a tendency to express our opinions more stridently on the internet than in real life, and I would hope usually with tongue obviously in cheek. "Horsebit loafers must be burned, and the ashes exorcised" is a perfectly reasonable statement for this thread, but not designed to offend, really. So if I do, or might have done, I consider it gentlemanly to reassure fellow posters of my good intentions. I guess it varies from thread to thread anyway. This is the worst, of course. TWAT is probably the best. And in "Ask a question" I'm borderline beatified.
Anyway, I'm always nice. Jerk.post #54408 of 787197/9/13 at 12:25pmQuote:
truth. you suck at clothes, and you smell bad. also, your have bad hair.post #54409 of 787197/9/13 at 12:25pm
What is happening here. Can I buy everyone a drink?
It's just clothes people. Let's all hug it out.
Thank you for the suggestions. I will take them to heart, but it may take some time and some money which I'm not made of. I got all my shoes for under $90. Most under $75. I should take better care of them and I've been making an effort as of late to do so.
I really do appreciate any comments you guys offer. No one's opinion is wrong. I have opinions, but I'm open to suggestions.
These are all of my current shoes. These are the pickings. Don't you all love how I have these things available.post #54410 of 787197/9/13 at 12:28pmpost #54411 of 787197/9/13 at 12:30pmpost #54412 of 787197/9/13 at 12:31pmpost #54413 of 787197/9/13 at 12:36pmpost #54414 of 787197/9/13 at 12:38pmI know I am not alone in this, but I personally don't understand loafers and sneakers. I mean, there is always a better option unless you are wearing sneakers playing a sport of some sort. Loafers always come across as lazy to me. It is one thing that I notice about most trends. In order for something to take off it has to be obtained cheaply, and be easy. This seems to be the recipe that leads to a fad. Now loafers, of course, aren't a fad at all(even though they kinda are right now), but they are quite the opposite of a fad in their history, but tell me what loafer looks better than a norwegian split-toe? Or a wingtip derby? Or a suede buck? That's right, nothing.
Some say it is a weather thing. Anything else is too robust for the weather. Ok, it is hot, I understand that, but not so hot that it would make me want to wear loafers.post #54415 of 787197/9/13 at 12:39pmpost #54416 of 787197/9/13 at 12:40pmpost #54417 of 787197/9/13 at 12:40pm
2-5. Tasteful, classic designs, but do they fit? Instep looks a little low for you from this angle (same for me with some US shoes) and the last shape might not be ideal for you.
6. Not bad, but again, fitting properly? Down one size, up one width perhaps.
7. Hard to tell; classic style, why do they look so loose around the heel?
8. Meh. Conceptually nice, but look as cheap as you say they were.
9. For teenaged girls, or at a push, jeans and dim light.
10. Shapeless AND horrible.
11. Robustly horrible.
12, 13. See 9
15, 16. Rather nice from this angle, and the kind of thing I think others suggested as consistent with your style (not PB, obviously, but until you've five black captoes side by side, he can never love you).
17, 18. Disposable.
19-22. Pop the Zippo, call a priest.
You're in the City. I suggest getting measured up at Allen Edmonds or similar. I suspect, like a lot of people, you are up-sizing a lot instead of going up a width. Your heel shape might also be causing you some fit issues - but only you know. With a bit of ammunition on your size and experimenting with some sizes and last shapes, I think you'll be in a better position. Actually, as someone failry new to AE myself, I find them quite helpful: they have seemingly infinite size variations and a few different lasts, so it seems a good place to experiment, and a well-known starting point for subsequent reference ("I'm a 10E in AE 5 last, what size in....?" etc).
Sharper loafers are already in your locker by the look of it, as are some classic dress shoes. Put some investigation into what really fits you. Maybe if you like things a bit more casual, try some dress styles in suede, also a chukka and a monk. There's a whole world of joy out there.post #54418 of 787197/9/13 at 12:41pmpost #54419 of 787197/9/13 at 12:41pmpost #54420 of 787197/9/13 at 12:44pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Mod to Suedehead 14 seconds ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 57 seconds ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Burberry Trench Coat Mens (Black, Size 48, Single breasted) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 7 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Purple Label Shirt Linen, Plaid, Multi, Size M, RLPL 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 9 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts