Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3628post #54406 of 787217/9/13 at 12:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54407 of 787217/9/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
I think most of us have a tendency to express our opinions more stridently on the internet than in real life, and I would hope usually with tongue obviously in cheek. "Horsebit loafers must be burned, and the ashes exorcised" is a perfectly reasonable statement for this thread, but not designed to offend, really. So if I do, or might have done, I consider it gentlemanly to reassure fellow posters of my good intentions. I guess it varies from thread to thread anyway. This is the worst, of course. TWAT is probably the best. And in "Ask a question" I'm borderline beatified.
Anyway, I'm always nice. Jerk.post #54408 of 787217/9/13 at 12:25pmQuote:
truth. you suck at clothes, and you smell bad. also, your have bad hair.post #54409 of 787217/9/13 at 12:25pm
What is happening here. Can I buy everyone a drink?
It's just clothes people. Let's all hug it out.
Thank you for the suggestions. I will take them to heart, but it may take some time and some money which I'm not made of. I got all my shoes for under $90. Most under $75. I should take better care of them and I've been making an effort as of late to do so.
I really do appreciate any comments you guys offer. No one's opinion is wrong. I have opinions, but I'm open to suggestions.
These are all of my current shoes. These are the pickings. Don't you all love how I have these things available.post #54410 of 787217/9/13 at 12:28pmpost #54411 of 787217/9/13 at 12:30pmpost #54412 of 787217/9/13 at 12:31pmpost #54413 of 787217/9/13 at 12:36pmpost #54414 of 787217/9/13 at 12:38pmI know I am not alone in this, but I personally don't understand loafers and sneakers. I mean, there is always a better option unless you are wearing sneakers playing a sport of some sort. Loafers always come across as lazy to me. It is one thing that I notice about most trends. In order for something to take off it has to be obtained cheaply, and be easy. This seems to be the recipe that leads to a fad. Now loafers, of course, aren't a fad at all(even though they kinda are right now), but they are quite the opposite of a fad in their history, but tell me what loafer looks better than a norwegian split-toe? Or a wingtip derby? Or a suede buck? That's right, nothing.
Some say it is a weather thing. Anything else is too robust for the weather. Ok, it is hot, I understand that, but not so hot that it would make me want to wear loafers.post #54415 of 787217/9/13 at 12:39pmpost #54416 of 787217/9/13 at 12:40pmpost #54417 of 787217/9/13 at 12:40pm
2-5. Tasteful, classic designs, but do they fit? Instep looks a little low for you from this angle (same for me with some US shoes) and the last shape might not be ideal for you.
6. Not bad, but again, fitting properly? Down one size, up one width perhaps.
7. Hard to tell; classic style, why do they look so loose around the heel?
8. Meh. Conceptually nice, but look as cheap as you say they were.
9. For teenaged girls, or at a push, jeans and dim light.
10. Shapeless AND horrible.
11. Robustly horrible.
12, 13. See 9
15, 16. Rather nice from this angle, and the kind of thing I think others suggested as consistent with your style (not PB, obviously, but until you've five black captoes side by side, he can never love you).
17, 18. Disposable.
19-22. Pop the Zippo, call a priest.
You're in the City. I suggest getting measured up at Allen Edmonds or similar. I suspect, like a lot of people, you are up-sizing a lot instead of going up a width. Your heel shape might also be causing you some fit issues - but only you know. With a bit of ammunition on your size and experimenting with some sizes and last shapes, I think you'll be in a better position. Actually, as someone failry new to AE myself, I find them quite helpful: they have seemingly infinite size variations and a few different lasts, so it seems a good place to experiment, and a well-known starting point for subsequent reference ("I'm a 10E in AE 5 last, what size in....?" etc).
Sharper loafers are already in your locker by the look of it, as are some classic dress shoes. Put some investigation into what really fits you. Maybe if you like things a bit more casual, try some dress styles in suede, also a chukka and a monk. There's a whole world of joy out there.post #54418 of 787217/9/13 at 12:41pmpost #54419 of 787217/9/13 at 12:41pmpost #54420 of 787217/9/13 at 12:44pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 37 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...