Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3624post #54346 of 787237/9/13 at 4:51am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54347 of 787237/9/13 at 5:01amQuote:
but i has opinionz!!! HEAR THEM DAMMIT!
ill change one day. i just wanna make sure everyone gets a chance to see stitchy make his "truck stop bathroom face."
Edited by DerekS - 7/9/13 at 5:14ampost #54348 of 787237/9/13 at 5:12ampost #54349 of 787237/9/13 at 5:21ampost #54350 of 787237/9/13 at 5:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Ernie
Thanks for the input men, and the discussion following. I think the chest fits fine, it's a relaxed fit that I have no problem with and I don't tend to think it looks billowy. It was an ebay thrift that cost me fairly little, Hackett linen and cotton I believe. Most likely I wont wear it, the shoulders present an obstacle in that there will be too much alteration needed together with sleeves & body.
I purchased 2 SC's on the bay for quite little. This one and one SR pane/check in wool, they were both advertised as 42R but the SR one fits very much better in all aspects mentioned as flawed in the fit I posted. I've learned a lesson though, keep to your exact measurements as I did on the SR rather than your "size" -- what I relied on for the Hackett. Progress, gentlemen.
I don't understand why people buy jackets/suits over the internet because you can't try the stuff on. I go to stores and try jackets on and even though they're the same size they all fit differently. Some of them fit better than others. I only buy them if they're close and I think my tailor can alter them.post #54351 of 787237/9/13 at 5:47amQuote:Originally Posted by FillW
I don't understand why people buy jackets/suits over the internet because you can't try the stuff on. I go to stores and try jackets on and even though they're the same size they all fit differently. Some of them fit better than others. I only buy them if they're close and I think my tailor can alter them.
after years of buying, you (me) get a feel for what brands work for you. I have no issue buying stuff online because i know how most makers fit me. this was after a lot of buying and returning/reselling though.post #54352 of 787237/9/13 at 6:13ampost #54353 of 787237/9/13 at 6:17ampost #54354 of 787237/9/13 at 6:20ampost #54355 of 787237/9/13 at 6:29ampost #54356 of 787237/9/13 at 6:50ampost #54357 of 787237/9/13 at 7:01ampost #54358 of 787237/9/13 at 7:19amMy first post in here. No real means by which to take a good fit pic. Just components.
Linen/wool tan SC from Samuelsohn
Tie from Kent Wang
BB navy linen pants
Timex Weekender watch on strap from the knottery (I'm big-timing it today!)
Santoni Knox shoes
Belt - don't know the maker - it's just my favorite belt
Edit: The editor won't let me add more than 2 pics per post from my iPhone. And its acting up when I tried doing a second post (terrible reception in the office). Plus, the one on my work computer doesn't give me the option to upload pics (not sure why). So I guess I'm stuck with those two pics today. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic quality
Edited by Off My Rack - 7/9/13 at 7:34ampost #54359 of 787237/9/13 at 7:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Stavros
Two brothers in winter suits. My brother (left) is wearing a (navy) Isaia suit, I am wearing a (flannel) Ralph Lauren suit. Apologies for the edge distortion, IRL I actually look normal. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
you both look excellent!Quote:
cool beanz. thanks for the info.Quote:Originally Posted by Braddock
Yes, I really wear denim + silk tie on these photos.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
does not bother me, i think it looks nice!Quote:Originally Posted by EliodA
It certainly looks well made! May I be so impolite as to ask for the price of the suit?
BTW, I'm like you, I like pick stitching too (provided it's done tastefully). My favourite suit has tons of it and I love it:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edit: forgot to say: I like it because it makes a suit look less 'stiff'
it is! id rather not say exactly, but all their pricing is on the website, similar to KW i believe.Quote:
well, then you need a new avatar because that is my "zooming through the tunnels and streets of NYC in spoos ferrari" face. suck it, bitch.post #54360 of 787237/9/13 at 7:24am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Vest Later, or No Vest? 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 5 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 11 minutes ago
- › ***** The Official Styleforum Donut Thread *************** 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co Midnight Collection Escobar Sweats size Small/ 1 14 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 15 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...