Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3618post #54256 of 787227/8/13 at 10:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54257 of 787227/8/13 at 10:37amQuote:
That's a bit over the line, pB.
BTW, there's a bartender at one of the locals here who looks like what I imagine you look like. He has the hair and everything, but he's more of a workwear than MC sort of fellow.post #54258 of 787227/8/13 at 10:38ampost #54259 of 787227/8/13 at 10:40amQuote:
Does he look like Charlie Sheen and Kyle Maclachlan had a baby? If so, then he probably does look like me.post #54260 of 787227/8/13 at 10:44ampost #54261 of 787227/8/13 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
A few weeks ago I received my first suit from Tiberias Clothing.
Nice looking suit. Does the Tiberias webpage improve once you are a member? It seems haphazardly set up as it is. How are the prices?post #54262 of 787227/8/13 at 10:56amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
Well, I guess I could reply to you mimo, and we could bounce this back and forth for the rest of the day, but instead, I have something else to post. ; )
A few weeks ago I received my first suit from Tiberias Clothing. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I had to wait a for a clear, rainless day, to wear it, and that day was yesterday. YAY!
Regarding the process, it was as easy and simple as could be. The website has a ton of fabrics to choose from, and is replete with all the options you could ask for when it comes to finishing and fit options. Pockets type and configurations, button preferences, lapel size, even what color felt you want under the collar. Its fully customizable.
As far as getting your exact measurement, there are 3 options.
1. Send in a suit that you want its measurements replicated.
2. They will send you a try on that you can bring to your tailor to pin and mark, and then you send that back (they will give you a credit so you may pay your tailor for his or her time).
3. Provide them your measurements and they will work off of that.
I chose the last option. They have a very comprehensive list of measurements to provide to ensure that the fit will be correct. I would note though, that obviously this option will only work if you are 100% sure of your measurements. Dont guess. If you are unsure, either get measured, or choose a different option.
As far as service is concerned, all my questions, and there were many of them, were answered in a friendly and timely manner, and the suit took a little under 2 months from the time I placed my order to the time I received the suit. Suffice it to say, I was very pleased with the service from start to finish.
The finished suit is stunning. The fit is spot on, I dont need to take it for any adjustments. Even the sleeve and pants length is just what I wanted. I chose a Loro Piana super 130s navy twill and it is fantastic, like butter to the touch. The finishing is unreal. Pick stitching everywhere. Like, everywhere. I know some people may not like it, but I love that stuff. The smoked MoP buttons are amazing, and the kissing buttons on the sleeve are just dreamy. Added bonus, little rubber inserts around the inner waist band to keep your shirt in place! All in all, I could not be happier with the final product.
But why trust me? Here, judge for yourself. : )
Apologies for the lighting issues. Could not get ideal lighting for the life of me, indoors or outdoors.
alternates and close ups. pic heavy (Click to show)
That is beautiful! Coincidentally, I am expecting my Tiberias suit to be delivered today.post #54263 of 787227/8/13 at 10:58ampost #54264 of 787227/8/13 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
As mcarthur might say, wear your good-looking suit in good health, stitchy.
mimo, I have no inherent objection to colorful socks. I don't post pics of them here because I'm not interested in hearing anyone's thoughts about them when I wear them. Your shoelaces, however...
Yeah, yeah, it's like one pair in TEN! Anyway, objection noted again. :)
(SB, I don't think my line and PB's line are that far apart!)
Man, I can't believe what I wrote the first time. Anyway, glad we're all back to fist-pounding happiness.post #54265 of 787227/8/13 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
A few weeks ago I received my first suit from Tiberias Clothing. I had to wait a for a clear, rainless day, to wear it, and that day was yesterday. YAY!
Very nice suit, but... I don't think sporting a fabric label on the inside of your jacket can ever be considered stylish. I'm also not convinced about the combination of informal patch pockets and this very formal looking fabric. Seems a bit like a stylistic oxymoron to me.
But I'm just nitpicking, enjoy your new suit! (I do hope the construction quality of Tiberias' suits is better than that of their website...)post #54266 of 787227/8/13 at 11:11amQuote:
Im fairly confident that 80% or more of my suits and sportcoats all have a fabric label on the inside. And over half of my trousers as well have a fabric house label inside. Its a tag. not a stylistic choice.post #54267 of 787227/8/13 at 11:13ampost #54268 of 787227/8/13 at 11:15amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTHQuote:
Does he look like Charlie Sheen and Kyle Maclachlan had a baby? If so, then he probably does look like me.
Pretty much.Quote:Originally Posted by DerekSQuote:
Im fairly confident that 80% or more of my suits and sportcoats all have a fabric label on the inside. And over half of my trousers as well have a fabric house label inside. Its a tag. not a stylistic choice.
I am 100-percent confident that this is a subject on which it is completely unnecessary to have an opinion, let alone a strong one.post #54269 of 787227/8/13 at 11:17ampost #54270 of 787227/8/13 at 11:18am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › OAK ROOM - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...