Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3617post #54241 of 787177/8/13 at 9:42ampost #54242 of 787177/8/13 at 9:45amQuote:Originally Posted by mrjester
Thanks for the insight. The sleeves and body are too long, shoulders are droopy as you pointed out, and the chest is way too big on him. It's not a far off guess to say it's too big. But you could be right (probably are)
Could the shoulders also be some weird padding?
Either way, I think trying down one size in that maker couldn't hurt, if it's local.
Yup, I just edited the post to add that if a size down will fit, by all means do it
However, with RTW I always prefer some chest and back ease, even if it won't look perfect; because after all the garment was not made to fit me, and if it's too lean and close fitting I might be completely unable to move...post #54243 of 787177/8/13 at 9:49am
Good point, Jesus..er..Sr Diaz: there is very much a fashion for short, close fitting jackets at the moment, but I also believe it's an impractical (and temporary) fad. Clothes should always be comfortable, and getting the balance between shape and comfort seems to me the mark of a good tailor. (And before anyone else says it, I haven't yet found one!)post #54244 of 787177/8/13 at 9:56am
There's nothing wrong with close fitting clothes per se, but they need to be made to fit. That means custom, or you need to be extremely lucky and find RTW brands that look like they were made for you. Otherwise it's better to get something that is a bit (just a bit) looser. My tailor used to take in the chest of my RTW jackets to "fit"; then I would not be able to move in them anymore, because the armholes were low and not cut to fit me, so the extra room was actually needed.post #54245 of 787177/8/13 at 9:58amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Well said, broness. I apologise if I've caused any offence (other than with my socks, obviously). I'm not bashing on my Turkish brutha; one impish observation seems to have opened a can of worms I did not intend. Let's move on. And what a way to move on - that really looks like they're walking the talk they talked, and frankly I was sceptical. Great suit, Stich, congrats.
And what a way to contribute to a discussion...er...no. The thing is, honey, none of our opinions matter unless someone values them. You have a lovely day now.
no apology needed my dood!
and thanks! you have a lovely day as well.
thanks, man. i cant wait to wear it with my new shibumi tie when it arrives. it will be a perfect match methinks.post #54246 of 787177/8/13 at 10:09am
Thanks for the input men, and the discussion following. I think the chest fits fine, it's a relaxed fit that I have no problem with and I don't tend to think it looks billowy. It was an ebay thrift that cost me fairly little, Hackett linen and cotton I believe. Most likely I wont wear it, the shoulders present an obstacle in that there will be too much alteration needed together with sleeves & body.
I purchased 2 SC's on the bay for quite little. This one and one SR pane/check in wool, they were both advertised as 42R but the SR one fits very much better in all aspects mentioned as flawed in the fit I posted. I've learned a lesson though, keep to your exact measurements as I did on the SR rather than your "size" -- what I relied on for the Hackett. Progress, gentlemen.post #54247 of 787177/8/13 at 10:19amAs mcarthur might say, wear your good-looking suit in good health, stitchy.
mimo, I have no inherent objection to colorful socks. I don't post pics of them here because I'm not interested in hearing anyone's thoughts about them when I wear them. Your shoelaces, however...post #54248 of 787177/8/13 at 10:21ampost #54249 of 787177/8/13 at 10:22ampost #54250 of 787177/8/13 at 10:24ampost #54251 of 787177/8/13 at 10:26ampost #54252 of 787177/8/13 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
I don't mind the occasional casual post that much, but his outfit is nothing special. Its's very much the basic teenager look, which is exacerbated by the rolled up sleeves in an attempt to look 'edgy'. If it's that warm that you need to roll up your sleeves, you simply take off your jacket. The leather jacket itself is not very nice either and the grey crew neck t-shirt is terrible, I wouldn't dare wearing that outside. The shoes and the trousers are nice though.
Methinks you're overthinking it.post #54253 of 787177/8/13 at 10:35ampost #54254 of 787177/8/13 at 10:37amQuote:
That's a bit over the line, pB.
BTW, there's a bartender at one of the locals here who looks like what I imagine you look like. He has the hair and everything, but he's more of a workwear than MC sort of fellow.post #54255 of 787177/8/13 at 10:38am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...