After your infamies in the RYS thread, you have nothing to say today, Sir! (Happy Fourth btw).
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3607
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54092 of 787217/4/13 at 12:29amQuote:
Very nice!Quote:Originally Posted by ocbd
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Last couple days.
That's a great repp! Where from?post #54093 of 787217/4/13 at 1:42am
Happy 4th to all!
This is my first post, and technically it's pretty much 'what are you wearing for about 20 minutes today', but I wanted to put this out there since I just picked up this suit from a tailor here in HK and I plan to add a post to the HK tailors thread on my whole experience so others will know what to expect if they decide to travel down the road I chose.
It's a bespoke blue VBC mohair/wool blend (it's bloody hot and humid here in Hong Kong so the weight of this is about as heavy as I'd want to go)
I just threw in a white PS for the pics, but wouldn't be my first choice for this red/pink/blue combo
Would love to hear what people think.
Stay tuned for a much more in depth treatment of the suit and my experiences in the HK Tailors thread.
Updated with a second pic.
Edited by HKflaneur - 7/4/13 at 2:05ampost #54094 of 787217/4/13 at 1:51ampost #54095 of 787217/4/13 at 3:48ampost #54096 of 787217/4/13 at 3:57ampost #54097 of 787217/4/13 at 3:58ampost #54098 of 787217/4/13 at 4:30ampost #54099 of 787217/4/13 at 5:24ampost #54100 of 787217/4/13 at 7:04ampost #54101 of 787217/4/13 at 7:18ampost #54102 of 787217/4/13 at 7:39ampost #54103 of 787217/4/13 at 7:48am
imho (and I like no-break-pants) those slacks look too short for my taste. Also the jacket (SS SOHO, I guess) is too short for my liking. I like the fabric very much, though.
The tie is wonderful (like all of your Sibumi-stuff) and the knot + dimple is perfect.post #54104 of 787217/4/13 at 7:54am
mimo, never told you before, but your coats seem quite uncomfortable. Armscyes are laying on your biceps - raising your arms doesn't even look possible
Is that shirt by Charles Tyrwhitt BTW? Think I recognized the collar...post #54105 of 787217/4/13 at 8:22am
My dear Sr Diaz: not at all, really, although shape-wise they are not ideal yet - that tailor is never to be seen again (by me, I mean, I haven't actually murdered him), and I'm engaged in a crash health kick this summer so they will gradually be getting looser around the chest and waist! (Well, that's the idea...) I'd never noticed that about the arms, perhaps because it's a soft linen and wears very easy. I see what you mean. Until I can go order another batch of suits from my new tailor, I'll just put it down to manly physique.
Good spot on the CT shirt. The collars do vary between styles; I bought a batch of them a few months ago for under 20 Euros a piece. I find them quite comfortable, but some of the collars are definitely just a few millimetres shorter than I'd like - this is one of them.
Thanks for your thoughtful input. You are a good man.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 second ago
- › Howdens Kitchens For Sale Ramsgate 33 seconds ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 8 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...