After your infamies in the RYS thread, you have nothing to say today, Sir! (Happy Fourth btw).
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:04 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3607
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54092 of 787197/4/13 at 12:29amQuote:
Very nice!Quote:Originally Posted by ocbd
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Last couple days.
That's a great repp! Where from?post #54093 of 787197/4/13 at 1:42am
Happy 4th to all!
This is my first post, and technically it's pretty much 'what are you wearing for about 20 minutes today', but I wanted to put this out there since I just picked up this suit from a tailor here in HK and I plan to add a post to the HK tailors thread on my whole experience so others will know what to expect if they decide to travel down the road I chose.
It's a bespoke blue VBC mohair/wool blend (it's bloody hot and humid here in Hong Kong so the weight of this is about as heavy as I'd want to go)
I just threw in a white PS for the pics, but wouldn't be my first choice for this red/pink/blue combo
Would love to hear what people think.
Stay tuned for a much more in depth treatment of the suit and my experiences in the HK Tailors thread.
Updated with a second pic.
Edited by HKflaneur - 7/4/13 at 2:05ampost #54094 of 787197/4/13 at 1:51ampost #54095 of 787197/4/13 at 3:48ampost #54096 of 787197/4/13 at 3:57ampost #54097 of 787197/4/13 at 3:58ampost #54098 of 787197/4/13 at 4:30ampost #54099 of 787197/4/13 at 5:24ampost #54100 of 787197/4/13 at 7:04ampost #54101 of 787197/4/13 at 7:18ampost #54102 of 787197/4/13 at 7:39ampost #54103 of 787197/4/13 at 7:48am
imho (and I like no-break-pants) those slacks look too short for my taste. Also the jacket (SS SOHO, I guess) is too short for my liking. I like the fabric very much, though.
The tie is wonderful (like all of your Sibumi-stuff) and the knot + dimple is perfect.post #54104 of 787197/4/13 at 7:54am
mimo, never told you before, but your coats seem quite uncomfortable. Armscyes are laying on your biceps - raising your arms doesn't even look possible
Is that shirt by Charles Tyrwhitt BTW? Think I recognized the collar...post #54105 of 787197/4/13 at 8:22am
My dear Sr Diaz: not at all, really, although shape-wise they are not ideal yet - that tailor is never to be seen again (by me, I mean, I haven't actually murdered him), and I'm engaged in a crash health kick this summer so they will gradually be getting looser around the chest and waist! (Well, that's the idea...) I'd never noticed that about the arms, perhaps because it's a soft linen and wears very easy. I see what you mean. Until I can go order another batch of suits from my new tailor, I'll just put it down to manly physique.
Good spot on the CT shirt. The collars do vary between styles; I bought a batch of them a few months ago for under 20 Euros a piece. I find them quite comfortable, but some of the collars are definitely just a few millimetres shorter than I'd like - this is one of them.
Thanks for your thoughtful input. You are a good man.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green UK9/US9.5F Dark Oak 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 16 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 17 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 23 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?