Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3606post #54076 of 787217/3/13 at 3:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54077 of 787217/3/13 at 4:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Pure Blue Japan
Doc Marten Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Do you own any articles of clothing containing colors other than black, white, blue or grey? Just curious.post #54078 of 787217/3/13 at 4:02pmpost #54079 of 787217/3/13 at 4:03pmpost #54080 of 787217/3/13 at 4:08pmQuote:
Not sure about him, but I find it really difficult to buy things outside even just the blue/grey spectrum. Those are the colors my eye finds most pleasing. And they seem to be most versatile and under-the-radar, so I don't get people saying "oh, that shirt again," when it's purple or green or whatever. Iif I can only afford one of something at the time I end up with blue or grey. Hard pattern to break for me, even with ties.
Why can't I quit you, blue grey?post #54081 of 787217/3/13 at 4:44pmpost #54082 of 787217/3/13 at 6:25pmpost #54083 of 787217/3/13 at 6:31pmQuote:
I must be a troll because my hair wasn't going anywhere, at least for this interview. ;)
I have one coming up with another company as VP of sales (they do lab instrumentation). At that point it will become a serious consideration, but it'll be a hard decision. I've been growing it for the past 10+ years.
My default for this suit is a simple white slim cut shirt with a black (almost) skinny tie. It's nothing special: Ben Sherman, 2.75" width.
However, I just moved and thought I had cleverly stashed these in the same bag as my suit. When went to iron my pants at 10:30 last night they were nowhere to be found and the dark blue shirt was all I could find in my size that late.
Thinking of trading the black tie for a red tie over the white shirt. Keeping it simple with a solid color and slim profile.
Also contemplating going clean shaven, but that makes me look rather young.
Orgetorix, I'm definitely digging the tie!post #54084 of 787217/3/13 at 6:40pmpost #54085 of 787217/3/13 at 8:19pmpost #54086 of 787217/3/13 at 8:48pmpost #54087 of 787217/3/13 at 9:33pmpost #54088 of 787217/3/13 at 10:32pmpost #54089 of 787217/3/13 at 11:04pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 9 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 19 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 28 minutes ago
- › Definitive Exotic Hide Identification Thread: Post your Hippo,... 31 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 31 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 32 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 47 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 53 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 53 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...