Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3606post #54076 of 787227/3/13 at 3:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54077 of 787227/3/13 at 3:58pmpost #54078 of 787227/3/13 at 4:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Pure Blue Japan
Doc Marten Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Do you own any articles of clothing containing colors other than black, white, blue or grey? Just curious.post #54079 of 787227/3/13 at 4:02pmpost #54080 of 787227/3/13 at 4:03pmpost #54081 of 787227/3/13 at 4:08pmQuote:
Not sure about him, but I find it really difficult to buy things outside even just the blue/grey spectrum. Those are the colors my eye finds most pleasing. And they seem to be most versatile and under-the-radar, so I don't get people saying "oh, that shirt again," when it's purple or green or whatever. Iif I can only afford one of something at the time I end up with blue or grey. Hard pattern to break for me, even with ties.
Why can't I quit you, blue grey?post #54082 of 787227/3/13 at 4:44pmpost #54083 of 787227/3/13 at 6:25pmpost #54084 of 787227/3/13 at 6:31pmQuote:
I must be a troll because my hair wasn't going anywhere, at least for this interview. ;)
I have one coming up with another company as VP of sales (they do lab instrumentation). At that point it will become a serious consideration, but it'll be a hard decision. I've been growing it for the past 10+ years.
My default for this suit is a simple white slim cut shirt with a black (almost) skinny tie. It's nothing special: Ben Sherman, 2.75" width.
However, I just moved and thought I had cleverly stashed these in the same bag as my suit. When went to iron my pants at 10:30 last night they were nowhere to be found and the dark blue shirt was all I could find in my size that late.
Thinking of trading the black tie for a red tie over the white shirt. Keeping it simple with a solid color and slim profile.
Also contemplating going clean shaven, but that makes me look rather young.
Orgetorix, I'm definitely digging the tie!post #54085 of 787227/3/13 at 6:40pmpost #54086 of 787227/3/13 at 8:19pmpost #54087 of 787227/3/13 at 8:48pmpost #54088 of 787227/3/13 at 9:33pmpost #54089 of 787227/3/13 at 10:32pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Mod to Suedehead just now
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 20 seconds ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 35 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 38 seconds ago
- › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › My wedding... 2 minutes ago
- › TOJ Moto 2011 Dark Brown Goat 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Kawatako short leather wallet made in Japan raw natural 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...