Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3604
Styleforum Top Picks
SB - thanks; that's the plan!
Spoo - if you were wearing socks that would be the look of the week. Belt is deliciously weird and the colour combo overall is just perfection - hard to do with such an unusual theme. Respect.
Sander - I only do black ties at funerals myself, but I like your combo a lot: super clean; I agree with the tie bar comment for an even more Mod look.
Pliny - you are a sartorial delight, sir.
Crusty - at your best when you are ever-so-slightly more casual like this, I think. It's hard to be characterful and tasteful, and this is the epitome.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Damn, that’s purple. Not as intense IRL, but yeah. New jacket.
Boglioli washed cotton lilac SC
Exquisite Trimmings slubby silk herringbone tie
Robert Talbott PS
Creed Royal Scottish Lavender
Avi Rossini stingray belt
J. Crew Bowery
Gaziano & Girling Antibes
A great, out of the ordinary looking sport coat!
Edited by FillW - 7/5/13 at 7:12am
I will have to see in the coming months if I can relax my seemingly congenital New England Yankee starchiness (a work colleague once characterized me as such, with such vehemence that I thought that I was to be next listed among the side dishes on a restaurant menu between the rice and the French fried), and attire myself in a manner in keeping with the summer months - at ease and tasteful in equal measure.
Crusty - your "starchier" looks are equally tasteful and very professional-looking, which I imagine is important in your trade. But I'm just enjoying the increasing variation. :)
Don - I don't like the stripe or narrow collar spread on your shirt. Some might have issue with a double cuff in this more country-ish look, too, although not me actually. But those are details. You really do look great today; that's a truly lovely jacket with a fit that suits you, and a top class casual colour combo.
A couple of your pics have a tendency to increase the appearance of your broadness but examples like today's make you look much slimmer without the 'strangled sausage' look. It's not gonna work with all your jackets and trousers but if you are contemplating trying some adjustments you could do a lot worse than use today's dimensions as your template.
Fotos are before my nightshift in the hotel. It was short before the sunset so light was not such bright. I think that is the reason that the creases seems much stronger than they really are.
see details (Click to show)
Not feeling that tie (perhaps it's the way it's tied or positioned) but I love the DB suit and shoes. Thumbs up.
That's a very fun jacket; nice outfit choices to show it off, too.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I always like it when you post a fit. Some of the proportions & design details tend to be subtly different to the more typical SF styles we see here, in an interesting/engaging way. Good stuff.
My rather casual week continues...
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Viberg Boots 24 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Salvatore Ferragamo Mens Boots - 11EE Gorgeous leather. Good condition 12 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 12 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 15 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw