Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3603
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54032 of 787247/2/13 at 9:35pmpost #54033 of 787247/2/13 at 9:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by forex
Wrinkles under the collar are a balance issue, not sure how severe it is but it could be fixed if the tailor knows what he is doing. I would be more concerned with a high button stance on that suit, it is not doing you any favors. All coats from HY have high button stance, not sure why he does them that way? Maybe he models himself and could be a shorter guy.
I like me some high buttoning points (srs)
They just feel a lot more comfortable to me than lower ones. Maybe Holdfast can make something of the fact that I like the feeling of my chest wrapped in cloth.post #54034 of 787247/2/13 at 10:00pmpost #54035 of 787247/2/13 at 10:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
More UCBD today. There's a bigger contrast between the suit and tie in real life.
This was my first time wearing a Charles Tyrwhitt shirt, and I absolutely HATE the collars. The collar points are too short, so they peep out over the lapels from time to time, there's too much tie space and the collar itself is too stiff, so there's no collar roll over the tie. On top of that they're just very uncomfortable to wear. Never buying a CT shirt again.
Yeah I stopped buying CT shirts because the collars are fugly. I can get collar points to hide if the jacket fits properly, but they are waaaaaaaaay too stiff. The spread collars are somewhat wearable but still too stiff. I'm certainly favoring unlined or very soft non-fused collars now, but even if I had to get a fused one it wouldn't be CT, those things wear like cardboard.post #54036 of 787247/2/13 at 11:17pmpost #54037 of 787247/3/13 at 1:29ampost #54038 of 787247/3/13 at 1:52ampost #54039 of 787247/3/13 at 1:52ampost #54040 of 787247/3/13 at 1:53ampost #54041 of 787247/3/13 at 1:53ampost #54042 of 787247/3/13 at 2:03ampost #54043 of 787247/3/13 at 3:06ampost #54044 of 787247/3/13 at 3:10amQuote:
It looks excellent as far as i am concerned, well done.
For a little extra pop add a plain brushed stainless steel or chrome tie bar.
This outfit is not sombre. It might be monochrome, but hell it isn't even conservative. It is very striking with all that contrast TBH.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Inverallan 35 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 10 minutes ago
- › Cutaway Spread with no tie? 23 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 26 minutes ago
- › recreating a david evans pattern - tie to be made by cappelli 28 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)