Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3600
Styleforum Top Picks
Today it is sunny but cold (for summer in Europe). Just the way I like it.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Liking that suit (?source) & overall outfit. I think I'd prefer it as a 2pc, as the waistcoat appears to button quite high on you. Personal preference, though.
Another nice suit. The overall look is a bit monochrome, what with that shirt/tie combo, but I guess with that suit you have to play it cautiously at first.
No major work to do today, so casual:
From my new thread: "Ultra Versatile Riveria Weekend 2 Suit Combo" in case you are interested in how to pack only 2 suits for a weekend of elegant living on the Riveria!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I wore jeans, t-shirts and swimming trunks on my weekends at the Riviera.
This isn't bad, mimo. The pants look a bit short, though. Also, for future purchases, you might want to get jackets with the breast pocket closer to the center of your chest. The placement on what I've seen you wear so far accentuates your broad chest.
Cuffs predate #menswear, Clag.
Yes they do, and I should have cuffed these! I think I might have pulled my trousers up a bit high for the shoe shot; but you're right it looks that way in the pics. This is one of four suits from the same local tailor, whom I no longer use. Actually I'm pretty broke right now, but when I do get to go back to the tailor, it isn't that one! There's just too much disconnect between the fitting and the making, that I won't go into. Anyway, I'm on a major health kick this summer and intend to need a lot of new clothes in a few months! But back to the point: I'd not really thought about the breast pocket thing. The position is a bit odd, even for a fatty like me. That too, will change - thank you.
All of our opinions are equally invalid, so yours is as welcome as any! :)
Edited by mimo - 7/2/13 at 10:00am
Excellent biz caz look here CD. I like how your PS reflects your strides, and this is yet more evidence in the case which is building to prove that the no navy strides 'rule' is a complete load of bollocks. Well done sir!
what about doods at SF meatups?
i think its ok. a full pic would help to really see the proportions.
timo - very elegant!
Probably half of the vintage ('50s-'70s) trad suits I find in thrifts have 1.75"-2" cuffs.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Recent purchases - Part II 26 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Units Newcastle 9 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Advice for someone new to "style" 14 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 19 minutes ago
- › Mercanti Fiorentini double monks 19 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw