Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3600post #53986 of 787237/2/13 at 8:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53987 of 787237/2/13 at 8:53amOriginally Posted by bernoulli
Today it is sunny but cold (for summer in Europe). Just the way I like it.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Liking that suit (?source) & overall outfit. I think I'd prefer it as a 2pc, as the waistcoat appears to button quite high on you. Personal preference, though.
Another nice suit. The overall look is a bit monochrome, what with that shirt/tie combo, but I guess with that suit you have to play it cautiously at first.
No major work to do today, so casual:post #53988 of 787237/2/13 at 8:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Butler
From my new thread: "Ultra Versatile Riveria Weekend 2 Suit Combo" in case you are interested in how to pack only 2 suits for a weekend of elegant living on the Riveria!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I wore jeans, t-shirts and swimming trunks on my weekends at the Riviera.post #53989 of 787237/2/13 at 8:55ampost #53990 of 787237/2/13 at 8:56amQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
This isn't bad, mimo. The pants look a bit short, though. Also, for future purchases, you might want to get jackets with the breast pocket closer to the center of your chest. The placement on what I've seen you wear so far accentuates your broad chest.
Cuffs predate #menswear, Clag.
Yes they do, and I should have cuffed these! I think I might have pulled my trousers up a bit high for the shoe shot; but you're right it looks that way in the pics. This is one of four suits from the same local tailor, whom I no longer use. Actually I'm pretty broke right now, but when I do get to go back to the tailor, it isn't that one! There's just too much disconnect between the fitting and the making, that I won't go into. Anyway, I'm on a major health kick this summer and intend to need a lot of new clothes in a few months! But back to the point: I'd not really thought about the breast pocket thing. The position is a bit odd, even for a fatty like me. That too, will change - thank you.Quote:
All of our opinions are equally invalid, so yours is as welcome as any! :)
Edited by mimo - 7/2/13 at 10:00ampost #53991 of 787237/2/13 at 9:35amQuote:
Excellent biz caz look here CD. I like how your PS reflects your strides, and this is yet more evidence in the case which is building to prove that the no navy strides 'rule' is a complete load of bollocks. Well done sir!post #53992 of 787237/2/13 at 10:33ampost #53993 of 787237/2/13 at 10:35am
what about doods at SF meatups?Quote:
i think its ok. a full pic would help to really see the proportions.
timo - very elegant!post #53994 of 787237/2/13 at 10:40ampost #53995 of 787237/2/13 at 10:51ampost #53996 of 787237/2/13 at 11:16amQuote:
Probably half of the vintage ('50s-'70s) trad suits I find in thrifts have 1.75"-2" cuffs.post #53997 of 787237/2/13 at 11:20ampost #53998 of 787237/2/13 at 11:26ampost #53999 of 787237/2/13 at 11:28ampost #54000 of 787237/2/13 at 11:29am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Pictures from a few days in Naples (Updated... Solito, Formosa,... 49 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 52 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cigars 7 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)