Couldn't agree more. I'll make my first comment on your posts since it's positive. Admirable looking fit here. Stick with these measurements.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3593post #53881 of 787236/30/13 at 1:07pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53882 of 787236/30/13 at 1:09pmpost #53883 of 787236/30/13 at 1:15pm
Yes but I'm willing to bet that's an R, not an L.
I know they don't change it from R to S from what I've heard. Someone in the SS thread said they do change it from R to L but the side by side pic didn't really look like it. I don't want to post another members picture though.post #53884 of 787236/30/13 at 1:42pm
Yep, that's a 34R. Bear in mind that I'm typically a (very) Short in almost every brand, and you get an idea how short the Havana cut is. The jacket length was shortened a further 0.5" or so from standard though (for a first purchase from SS, I decided to let the salesperson decide most aspects of the alterations, just to see how well they'd handle the whole process). It's the shortest jacket in my wardrobe except a BBBF BB0 that's 0.25" shorter (no length alteration on that one), but the BBBF has more closed fronts so it doesn't appear as short as the more open Havana. I think that in future, I won't get a Havana shortened (or at least, not by quite as much). That's a minor thing though; I'm content with the length on this one as it currently is, as a different option to have within my wardrobe.
And thanks for the +ve feedback, mrjester!post #53885 of 787236/30/13 at 2:34pmQuote:
You can special order up to a 38 as long as they have fabric available...although they would be final sale, so you'd be taking a shot in the dark if you're not familiar with the fit.post #53886 of 787236/30/13 at 3:08pmpost #53887 of 787236/30/13 at 4:48pmpost #53888 of 787236/30/13 at 4:58pmpost #53889 of 787236/30/13 at 5:09pmpost #53890 of 787236/30/13 at 5:39pmDiscussion at our house:
Wife: You're wearing that?
Me: Yes, what's wrong?
Wife: It's a white suit.
Me: It's cream. Anyway, lots of people wear white suits.
Wife: Like who?
Me: Tom Wolfe, Prince Charles . . .
Wife: Colonel Sanders.
Me: Are you saying I look like Colonel Sanders?
Wife: No, but you could pass as Colonel Sanders' bodyguard.
Dupioni silk suit: Chan
Cotton shirt: Jos A Bank
Silk Tie: Brioni
Whiskey and Mahogany saddle shoes: Alden of Carmel
Whiskey cordovan belt: Ben silverpost #53891 of 787236/30/13 at 5:42pmpost #53892 of 787236/30/13 at 5:47pmpost #53893 of 787236/30/13 at 5:59pmpost #53894 of 787236/30/13 at 6:05pmQuote: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by Pliny
This is -
raw silk up top +
cool wool and boxcalf
Holdfast that jacket rox and the fit too- seems to suit your style.
'Paisley'- lgreen jacket
I really like this combination. Awesome look.post #53895 of 787236/30/13 at 7:06pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 20 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 54 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...