Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3592post #53866 of 787226/30/13 at 9:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53867 of 787226/30/13 at 10:11ampost #53868 of 787226/30/13 at 10:24ampost #53869 of 787226/30/13 at 11:38ampost #53870 of 787226/30/13 at 11:38ampost #53871 of 787226/30/13 at 11:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
It was so warm that I changed into shorts. Like I said a while ago, I do wear brogues with shorts, breaking all the SF rules and then some, so bring on the hate!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Pleated jeans with cuffs...
The shirt with those jeans..
I know I said to each his own. But good lord.
Can I make a request for Oreg' to do the same here as he did earlier for the other fits? With the photoshops?post #53872 of 787226/30/13 at 11:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
No idea, but they feel pretty lightweight. These are the trousers: http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/trousers-chinos/products/slim-walt-trouser-green-merino-wool
The green color is amazing in real life btw, it's unlike any other I've seen before, and has tiny flecks of orange, red, brown and blue in it that can only be seen from closeup.
I've got these. Great pair. Far more versatile than I realized. This is up there with khaki and grey in my book.post #53873 of 787226/30/13 at 11:50amQuote:
I don't cuff my jeans, and I never will. Single pleats are just a practical choice, it think it helps slim down the quads.post #53874 of 787226/30/13 at 12:13pmOriginally Posted by Pieceofsand
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I knew as soon as I saw this, that it would generate extremes of reactions so I'm not surprised by the differing opinions posted since. Personally, I love the shirt/tie combination, but am less keen on this particular windowpane. But the shirt/tie combo are very much a tongue-in-cheek resurrection of an 80s vibe that I really dig. Navy suit rather than that ?charcoal windowpane and this would be right up my alley. It's not a "serious" or stealthy kind of vibe, but that shirt/tie combo is beautifully brash and cheeky.
Love the outfit enough to not even spoiler code it: great colours, textures & fit. I'm only amazed that it's cold enough for you to actually wear it where you are; even over here in the UK it's warm & sunny!Originally Posted by DonCologne
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
For me, your outfits have a wider standard deviation of quality than almost anyone else's here. Today's is really nice: good colours/item and a more-than-acceptable fit.post #53875 of 787226/30/13 at 12:14pmpost #53876 of 787226/30/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
My girlfriend is begging me to get that jacket from suit supply. It looks nice but not quite sure. Looks like you like it?post #53877 of 787226/30/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
First I apologize in advance for my bad english and I hope you can understand what I mean.
I start to build up a quality warderobe 6 months ago and now I am still in a phase where I try much and make some mistakes. I get many stuff from paisley and other members of the german style forum (e.g. ~ 10 jackets, 5 suits, some shirts and trousers) and buy some good stuff on ebay (e.g. A Paul Stuart suit, An Oxxford clothes sports coat, A Zegna sports coat, the corneliani sports coat from todays pictures).
I proceed by the trial and error method. I show an outfit in the german style forum and since one month here. I am happy about every feedback, especially about the fit of my suits and sport coats. My taylor is happy to see me once or twice in the week.
So I hope you can help me in the future to improve my classic style.post #53878 of 787226/30/13 at 12:50pm
^ Totally understood; and I think that once your style & wardrobe settles down, you'll probably consistently look as good as you do today.
Quote:Originally Posted by mrjesterQuote:
My girlfriend is begging me to get that jacket from suit supply. It looks nice but not quite sure. Looks like you like it?
Yeah, I really like it, esp. considering the price. The quarter-lining makes it very breathable on warmer days like today, too. I probably had the waist taken in a half inch or so too much, but I'll get that remedied at some point in the future when I feel sufficiently motivated (maybe once the seasons change). I'm still at the stage of experimenting with different outfits to see just where it fits within my wardrobe (I tend to do this quite a bit in the first couple of weeks after getting a new jacket or suit), but so far it's a versatile addition. So far, it goes nicely with all shades of white, cream, beige, brown, and also darker blues. I think that tends to be the test of new item: not whether it's nice in and of itself (many things are), but whether it slots nicely into your existing preferences/wardrobe. For me, it certainly does.post #53879 of 787226/30/13 at 1:05pm
That's great. I think the only thing deterring me from SS is that, although some people say that they do change the button stance when you go from R to L, it doesn't look like it. It looks like the button stance on a 38L is an entire 3cm too high for me.post #53880 of 787226/30/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
Couldn't agree more. I'll make my first comment on your posts since it's positive. Admirable looking fit here. Stick with these measurements.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 46 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › should i wear a suit everyday? 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 21 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 21 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 23 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 26 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan