cool, will do. but in pretty much any fit, i need a 38. every time i check their site 36 is the largest they carry.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3592post #53866 of 787176/30/13 at 11:38ampost #53867 of 787176/30/13 at 11:38ampost #53868 of 787176/30/13 at 11:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
It was so warm that I changed into shorts. Like I said a while ago, I do wear brogues with shorts, breaking all the SF rules and then some, so bring on the hate!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Pleated jeans with cuffs...
The shirt with those jeans..
I know I said to each his own. But good lord.
Can I make a request for Oreg' to do the same here as he did earlier for the other fits? With the photoshops?post #53869 of 787176/30/13 at 11:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
No idea, but they feel pretty lightweight. These are the trousers: http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/trousers-chinos/products/slim-walt-trouser-green-merino-wool
The green color is amazing in real life btw, it's unlike any other I've seen before, and has tiny flecks of orange, red, brown and blue in it that can only be seen from closeup.
I've got these. Great pair. Far more versatile than I realized. This is up there with khaki and grey in my book.post #53870 of 787176/30/13 at 11:50amQuote:
I don't cuff my jeans, and I never will. Single pleats are just a practical choice, it think it helps slim down the quads.post #53871 of 787176/30/13 at 12:13pmOriginally Posted by Pieceofsand
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I knew as soon as I saw this, that it would generate extremes of reactions so I'm not surprised by the differing opinions posted since. Personally, I love the shirt/tie combination, but am less keen on this particular windowpane. But the shirt/tie combo are very much a tongue-in-cheek resurrection of an 80s vibe that I really dig. Navy suit rather than that ?charcoal windowpane and this would be right up my alley. It's not a "serious" or stealthy kind of vibe, but that shirt/tie combo is beautifully brash and cheeky.
Love the outfit enough to not even spoiler code it: great colours, textures & fit. I'm only amazed that it's cold enough for you to actually wear it where you are; even over here in the UK it's warm & sunny!Originally Posted by DonCologne
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
For me, your outfits have a wider standard deviation of quality than almost anyone else's here. Today's is really nice: good colours/item and a more-than-acceptable fit.post #53872 of 787176/30/13 at 12:14pmpost #53873 of 787176/30/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
My girlfriend is begging me to get that jacket from suit supply. It looks nice but not quite sure. Looks like you like it?post #53874 of 787176/30/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
First I apologize in advance for my bad english and I hope you can understand what I mean.
I start to build up a quality warderobe 6 months ago and now I am still in a phase where I try much and make some mistakes. I get many stuff from paisley and other members of the german style forum (e.g. ~ 10 jackets, 5 suits, some shirts and trousers) and buy some good stuff on ebay (e.g. A Paul Stuart suit, An Oxxford clothes sports coat, A Zegna sports coat, the corneliani sports coat from todays pictures).
I proceed by the trial and error method. I show an outfit in the german style forum and since one month here. I am happy about every feedback, especially about the fit of my suits and sport coats. My taylor is happy to see me once or twice in the week.
So I hope you can help me in the future to improve my classic style.post #53875 of 787176/30/13 at 12:50pm
^ Totally understood; and I think that once your style & wardrobe settles down, you'll probably consistently look as good as you do today.
Quote:Originally Posted by mrjesterQuote:
My girlfriend is begging me to get that jacket from suit supply. It looks nice but not quite sure. Looks like you like it?
Yeah, I really like it, esp. considering the price. The quarter-lining makes it very breathable on warmer days like today, too. I probably had the waist taken in a half inch or so too much, but I'll get that remedied at some point in the future when I feel sufficiently motivated (maybe once the seasons change). I'm still at the stage of experimenting with different outfits to see just where it fits within my wardrobe (I tend to do this quite a bit in the first couple of weeks after getting a new jacket or suit), but so far it's a versatile addition. So far, it goes nicely with all shades of white, cream, beige, brown, and also darker blues. I think that tends to be the test of new item: not whether it's nice in and of itself (many things are), but whether it slots nicely into your existing preferences/wardrobe. For me, it certainly does.post #53876 of 787176/30/13 at 1:05pm
That's great. I think the only thing deterring me from SS is that, although some people say that they do change the button stance when you go from R to L, it doesn't look like it. It looks like the button stance on a 38L is an entire 3cm too high for me.post #53877 of 787176/30/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
Couldn't agree more. I'll make my first comment on your posts since it's positive. Admirable looking fit here. Stick with these measurements.post #53878 of 787176/30/13 at 1:09pmpost #53879 of 787176/30/13 at 1:15pm
Yes but I'm willing to bet that's an R, not an L.
I know they don't change it from R to S from what I've heard. Someone in the SS thread said they do change it from R to L but the side by side pic didn't really look like it. I don't want to post another members picture though.post #53880 of 787176/30/13 at 1:42pm
Yep, that's a 34R. Bear in mind that I'm typically a (very) Short in almost every brand, and you get an idea how short the Havana cut is. The jacket length was shortened a further 0.5" or so from standard though (for a first purchase from SS, I decided to let the salesperson decide most aspects of the alterations, just to see how well they'd handle the whole process). It's the shortest jacket in my wardrobe except a BBBF BB0 that's 0.25" shorter (no length alteration on that one), but the BBBF has more closed fronts so it doesn't appear as short as the more open Havana. I think that in future, I won't get a Havana shortened (or at least, not by quite as much). That's a minor thing though; I'm content with the length on this one as it currently is, as a different option to have within my wardrobe.
And thanks for the +ve feedback, mrjester!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 19 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 50 seconds ago
- › Friday Challenge 23th of September 2016 - 'The Great Outdoors' 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › Best Shoe Repair in USA or Send Abroad? 6 minutes ago
- › Appropriate Desert Boots w/Suit 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 13 minutes ago
- › NWOT Kiton Napoli Charcoal Gray Wool Suit 44R EU 54 $6995 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 18 minutes ago
- › NWT Tom Ford Navy Striped Silk Wool Suit 40R EU 50 fits 38R EU 48... 19 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...