Thanks, but even so, my hips are killer. Even when im trimmer im still broad and wide.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3592post #53866 of 787196/30/13 at 10:11am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53867 of 787196/30/13 at 10:24ampost #53868 of 787196/30/13 at 11:38ampost #53869 of 787196/30/13 at 11:38ampost #53870 of 787196/30/13 at 11:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
It was so warm that I changed into shorts. Like I said a while ago, I do wear brogues with shorts, breaking all the SF rules and then some, so bring on the hate!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Pleated jeans with cuffs...
The shirt with those jeans..
I know I said to each his own. But good lord.
Can I make a request for Oreg' to do the same here as he did earlier for the other fits? With the photoshops?post #53871 of 787196/30/13 at 11:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
No idea, but they feel pretty lightweight. These are the trousers: http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/trousers-chinos/products/slim-walt-trouser-green-merino-wool
The green color is amazing in real life btw, it's unlike any other I've seen before, and has tiny flecks of orange, red, brown and blue in it that can only be seen from closeup.
I've got these. Great pair. Far more versatile than I realized. This is up there with khaki and grey in my book.post #53872 of 787196/30/13 at 11:50amQuote:
I don't cuff my jeans, and I never will. Single pleats are just a practical choice, it think it helps slim down the quads.post #53873 of 787196/30/13 at 12:13pmOriginally Posted by Pieceofsand
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I knew as soon as I saw this, that it would generate extremes of reactions so I'm not surprised by the differing opinions posted since. Personally, I love the shirt/tie combination, but am less keen on this particular windowpane. But the shirt/tie combo are very much a tongue-in-cheek resurrection of an 80s vibe that I really dig. Navy suit rather than that ?charcoal windowpane and this would be right up my alley. It's not a "serious" or stealthy kind of vibe, but that shirt/tie combo is beautifully brash and cheeky.
Love the outfit enough to not even spoiler code it: great colours, textures & fit. I'm only amazed that it's cold enough for you to actually wear it where you are; even over here in the UK it's warm & sunny!Originally Posted by DonCologne
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
For me, your outfits have a wider standard deviation of quality than almost anyone else's here. Today's is really nice: good colours/item and a more-than-acceptable fit.post #53874 of 787196/30/13 at 12:14pmpost #53875 of 787196/30/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
My girlfriend is begging me to get that jacket from suit supply. It looks nice but not quite sure. Looks like you like it?post #53876 of 787196/30/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
First I apologize in advance for my bad english and I hope you can understand what I mean.
I start to build up a quality warderobe 6 months ago and now I am still in a phase where I try much and make some mistakes. I get many stuff from paisley and other members of the german style forum (e.g. ~ 10 jackets, 5 suits, some shirts and trousers) and buy some good stuff on ebay (e.g. A Paul Stuart suit, An Oxxford clothes sports coat, A Zegna sports coat, the corneliani sports coat from todays pictures).
I proceed by the trial and error method. I show an outfit in the german style forum and since one month here. I am happy about every feedback, especially about the fit of my suits and sport coats. My taylor is happy to see me once or twice in the week.
So I hope you can help me in the future to improve my classic style.post #53877 of 787196/30/13 at 12:50pm
^ Totally understood; and I think that once your style & wardrobe settles down, you'll probably consistently look as good as you do today.
Quote:Originally Posted by mrjesterQuote:
My girlfriend is begging me to get that jacket from suit supply. It looks nice but not quite sure. Looks like you like it?
Yeah, I really like it, esp. considering the price. The quarter-lining makes it very breathable on warmer days like today, too. I probably had the waist taken in a half inch or so too much, but I'll get that remedied at some point in the future when I feel sufficiently motivated (maybe once the seasons change). I'm still at the stage of experimenting with different outfits to see just where it fits within my wardrobe (I tend to do this quite a bit in the first couple of weeks after getting a new jacket or suit), but so far it's a versatile addition. So far, it goes nicely with all shades of white, cream, beige, brown, and also darker blues. I think that tends to be the test of new item: not whether it's nice in and of itself (many things are), but whether it slots nicely into your existing preferences/wardrobe. For me, it certainly does.post #53878 of 787196/30/13 at 1:05pm
That's great. I think the only thing deterring me from SS is that, although some people say that they do change the button stance when you go from R to L, it doesn't look like it. It looks like the button stance on a 38L is an entire 3cm too high for me.post #53879 of 787196/30/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
Couldn't agree more. I'll make my first comment on your posts since it's positive. Admirable looking fit here. Stick with these measurements.post #53880 of 787196/30/13 at 1:09pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Gaziano & Girling 9.5E UK Shoe Trees and Bags 29 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 14 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...