+ 1, really nice.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3591
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53852 of 787226/30/13 at 4:01am
Really? Interesting... Perhaps it's just a matter of personal taste, but for me there is nothing to like about this outfit (no offence to the OP):
- the yellow tie with baby whales
- the contrast of the windowpane is too harsh
- I don't like the tie knot, prefer a simple FIH
- micro-checks look lame and old to me
- the contrasting of primary colours (yellow, blue, red) makes the whole look 'cheap' to me.
So, once again, i mean no offence to the OP, I'm just surprised how far apart people's preferences on this forum turn out to be.post #53853 of 787226/30/13 at 4:12am
I agree on the tie, not my taste (hence using similar colours in bad taste last week!), and the DFIH is maybe a tad irregular but I think that's nit-picking. I like the windowpane myself, and the micro-check too. But not together: I think a micro-check looks lovely with something solid and light, like a beige linen summer suit or a light grey sports jacket.
Still, like you said, a matter of taste. This thread would be terribly dull if everyone turned up with a muted Drake's shantung, light blue spread collar, white PS, AE Strands and navy two piece from Suit Supply. Vive la différence, as they probably say in some girly clothing shops.post #53854 of 787226/30/13 at 4:40am
12 degrees, still waitin´ for summer :(
Sure. Jacket - Cantarelli for Werner Scheerer
Flannels - suit supply
Shirt - Paul Rosen Heritage
Tie - Gissop for Möller, Vintage
Loafer - Sebago, Vintage
PS - Alteapost #53855 of 787226/30/13 at 4:43ampost #53856 of 787226/30/13 at 4:56ampost #53857 of 787226/30/13 at 5:25ampost #53858 of 787226/30/13 at 5:31ampost #53859 of 787226/30/13 at 5:35ampost #53860 of 787226/30/13 at 6:01amQuote:
Looking good. What's the weight on their tropical wool?
Agree; that's really tidy and the trousers are the best-fitting so far, definitely. Just one tiny thing: the PS and tie are in the same colour family, and the jacket and tie both quite similar textures. Perfection might require a touch of contrast somewhere - maybe switch the PS to something far from the tie colour, e.g. burgundy or burnt orange.
But really, it's a small thing. Looking great, DC.post #53861 of 787226/30/13 at 6:42am
No idea, but they feel pretty lightweight. These are the trousers: http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/trousers-chinos/products/slim-walt-trouser-green-merino-wool
The green color is amazing in real life btw, it's unlike any other I've seen before, and has tiny flecks of orange, red, brown and blue in it that can only be seen from closeup.
Edited by Monkeyface - 6/30/13 at 6:54ampost #53862 of 787226/30/13 at 7:59ampost #53863 of 787226/30/13 at 8:50ampost #53864 of 787226/30/13 at 9:19am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Early 90s "Saved by the Bell" graphics 12 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Technical Outerwear 9 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 9 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 12 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 15 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...