I got sexy legs. My feet on the other hand....well...men should not wear sandals. Can we all agree on that? If you have a penis, you should not wear sandals.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3577
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53642 of 787226/26/13 at 2:14ampost #53643 of 787226/26/13 at 2:22ampost #53644 of 787226/26/13 at 2:30ampost #53645 of 787226/26/13 at 2:54ampost #53646 of 787226/26/13 at 2:57ampost #53647 of 787226/26/13 at 4:21amIt continues to be hot and humid in NYC. I've not worn today's suit since last August, and after yesterday's suit, I was afraid that the fit would be much less flattering to me, but it seems OK - not ideal, but not the disaster that the JAB seersuckers were, earlier this season. (They've since been donated to charity.)
I was out of white shirts without French cuffs, and I've wanted to wear today's cufflinks for a while, so I violated the rules of seersucker/pincord a bit, and opted for French cuffs.
Suit - Haspel
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie & shoes - BB
Cufflinks - Budd, London
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #53648 of 787226/26/13 at 4:23ampost #53649 of 787226/26/13 at 4:25ampost #53650 of 787226/26/13 at 4:26ampost #53651 of 787226/26/13 at 4:43ampost #53652 of 787226/26/13 at 4:51amQuote:
Thank you, Malford - with your shoe collection, that is a compliment indeed.
Had I worn shorts (or, better still, worn shorts with today's shoes), a slight disappointment would be the least of your worries - that which is seen cannot be unseen . . . .post #53653 of 787226/26/13 at 4:53ampost #53654 of 787226/26/13 at 5:03amQuote:
THANK YOU. I cant agree with this more. My dad always said "Never trust a fella that shows his feet in public"
I suppose you can wear flip flops at the beach. but nowhere else. buy some fuckin deck shoes. Nobody wants to see your nasty hairy feet and gross toes.post #53655 of 787226/26/13 at 5:09am
Re: the shorts debate - I think they're great on a really hot summer's day if you're around the house, or just popping out to the local shops or to a friend's place (and not going out for dinner). And obviously, on holiday, if you're just around the hotel during the day, at the beach or in a similarly casual place. But if I'm going out for any extended period of time, and especially if I'm in a town/city, it's long trousers for me. Especially if it's the evening. To be honest, I don't even see much extra cooling effect to shorts vs light linen or cotton trousers unless the temperatures are crazily high. And living in the UK, we don't get those! Even on holiday in hot places, the benefit of long trousers in helping avoid any burn if you're out & about sightseeing around town, outweighs any cooling benefit for me. That's not to say that a shorts look can't look good in a more abstract sense; of course it can (on someone with better-looking legs than me ;) ). But I just don't think it looks right around a town or going out for dinner, regardless of the temperature.
Talking of warm, somewhat muggy, days:
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 25 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 42 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 9 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 9 minutes ago
- › Naked & Famous 'Slim Guy' Jeans 10 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 11 minutes ago
- › Pester Dress Shirt [Opening Ceremony NY] 12 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 12 minutes ago
- › So long, A Suitable Wardrobe... 14 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...