you should have told the douchebag he should wear his nike socks with his dress shoes
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3575post #53611 of 787176/25/13 at 5:47pmpost #53612 of 787176/25/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
Agreed. Maybe get a tan.
I wear shorts some times. I know they're not mens classic friendly but I dare people to wear much else consistently here in AZ. It's 117 here Saturday. I'm wearing shorts until 2:30, when I change in to boardshorts to play ball.
Not everybody everywhere can dress like it's 90. Keep that in mind when you call shorts gay.
edit: I should clarify my shorts aren't that short, that color, or flannel. They're just varied colors of linen browns.post #53613 of 787176/25/13 at 5:51pmQuote:
I just said, "Thanks bro. I didn't know wearing no socks automatically gave me the douchebag mentality. I need to get some socks and some straight brim hats. We can be friends. Maybe go shop for jerseys. Either way, I'll keep that in mind."
The dude was way bigger than me so I do need to learn to STFU and just say thanks.post #53614 of 787176/25/13 at 6:14pmpost #53615 of 787176/25/13 at 6:21pmQuote:
What was the guy who called you a douchebag wearing? Probably some bespoke G&Gs with cashmere socks and a Huntsman suit. That's always the killin part. People try to clown you, when their gear isn't on point. You should have told him you left your socks at his Mom's house. You'll get them back when she's done with his laundry.post #53616 of 787176/25/13 at 6:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
What was the guy who called you a douchebag wearing? Probably some bespoke G&Gs with cashmere socks and a Huntsman suit. That's always the killin part. People try to clown you, when their gear isn't on point. You should have told him you left your socks at his Mom's house. You'll get them back when she's done with his laundry.
lolz. whoever it was needed a firm punch in the dick hole. i volunteer.post #53617 of 787176/25/13 at 6:54pmpost #53618 of 787176/25/13 at 7:40pmpost #53619 of 787176/25/13 at 7:45pmpost #53620 of 787176/25/13 at 8:52pmpost #53621 of 787176/25/13 at 8:55pmpost #53622 of 787176/25/13 at 10:41pmQuote:
No, assume I'm the very pale person not burning in lightweight pants. Look, I'm not one of those "never wear jeans, always wear a tie" lunatics, but at the same time, shorts don't look as good as pants. If you have a choice between them, and you want to be well-dressed, pick pants.
85 was arbitrary, the result of me trying to assign a number to "damn hot." 75, maybe? Sure.post #53623 of 787176/25/13 at 10:49pmQuote:
To work? Are you in a "Wham" tribute band?
Not sure about the tie combo, and I think perhaps a heavier shirt with a shorter button down - I've never liked those long, wavy button down collars. But that's just me. What I like, what I really really like, is that this is a jacket that challenges you to hate it, but I don't. Keep rockin' it, CM, it's awesome.
Even then. It's a matter of occasion. As CM said, they're for the beach. 70F on the beach, still fine for shorts. 100F at work. Wear a light suit and be a fucking man. :)post #53624 of 787176/25/13 at 10:50pmpost #53625 of 787176/25/13 at 11:06pmI love it when the shorts debate pops up on here, maybe it's because of our more casual nature in Australia. It's really rather ridiculous. I'll leave it at that as a dedicated shorts wearer in our sweltering summers (not at work of course).
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 10 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 12 minutes ago
- › NWT - ROBERT GRAHAM Rainbow PAISLEY Cotton Blazer Sport Coat... 12 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 14 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 20 minutes ago
- › Isaia Wool Ties 28 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 36 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 36 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...