or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3569  

post #53521 of 78721
At home in my library after coming home from an afternoon tea at my club recently.



Suit: Amy Yang MTM.
Shirt: Tailorstore MTM.
Socks: Pantherella.
Shoes: Shanghai Tianzi MTM.
post #53522 of 78721

rocking it like crazy Derek

and hey thanks for the vibes! ..

 

 

 

 

post #53523 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

 

I work in an extremely hot and humid climate, and wear a variety of things.  My "daily beaters", if you will, are linen suits that I wear as two or three piece according to my mood and the occasion.  But sometimes it's a wool suit, my shirts are cotton of varying weight, and my socks are always worn and always over the calf - cotton or wool.  

 

[...]

 

So the answer is this: sometimes you get hot, and it's unavoidable, however wonderfully summery your office attire.  But let me share one word with you that is the solution to all heat problems: U-n-d-e-r-s-h-i-r-t.  Yes, it's an extra layer of clothing, and yes, you will still feel hot.  But a  close-fitting cotton undershirt with T-shirt sleeves is your best friend in warm weather, because you will never get that crumpled sweaty look on your shirt, and can even take off your jacket now and then without fear of what the world might see under your arms.  So yeah, undershirt.  And a stick deodorant.  And if you're hairy, trim your armpit hair too, so your deodorant actually arrives where it's needed.

 

Today it's about 100F and 75% humidity.  But nobody will see me looking sweaty, even if I have to take a little walk.  Being hot is unavoidable, but that's the secret to still appearing cool.

 

Very good advice, mimo. I also live and work in a very hot, though not always very humid, climate and I've learned that wearing an undershirt does indeed help. I also found that wearing very lightweight shirtings is not the best, either. Especially if you do not like the idea of an undershirt. As mimo says, you're going to be hot anyway, so better make sure you're still looking cool. Combining heavier shirt cloths like oxfords or dobby with fresco wool or linen suits may sound counter-intuitive, but I've found it works very well to maintain a crisp enough look throughout the day.

post #53524 of 78721

Simple and awesome!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

post #53525 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

I live in New York City.  I take the train to work.  The underground stations are super hot.  I also have to walk about five minutes from the train to my job.  It was 91 today.  I know what you mean.  I wear linen and cotton mostly.  Good luck.  


They have clocked subway stations at over 145 F during heat waves. I used to carry a garment bag and change at the office.
post #53526 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drudged View Post

Here's one from a few days ago (I'm on the right) - please excuse the askew vest and shirt collar, I had just put my jacket back on to take the picture.



You both look like you are showing off and overdressed for the occasion...




GOOD FOR YOU! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #53527 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

 

Very good advice, mimo. I also live and work in a very hot, though not always very humid, climate and I've learned that wearing an undershirt does indeed help. I also found that wearing very lightweight shirtings is not the best, either. Especially if you do not like the idea of an undershirt. As mimo says, you're going to be hot anyway, so better make sure you're still looking cool. Combining heavier shirt cloths like oxfords or dobby with fresco wool or linen suits may sound counter-intuitive, but I've found it works very well to maintain a crisp enough look throughout the day.

 

I wear light poplin shirts with no undershirts when it's hot, and I usually don't sweat all that much if I take my jacket off. Which I will do anyways if I start sweating, as dry cleaning after each wear is not an option... If you're not wearing a jacket, lower armholes on shirts help quite a bit too.
post #53528 of 78721
Dressing for the heat and humidity today, but in a suit (too many people at the office were nonplussed by my casual attire from yesterday). We'll see if they can cope with a pink bow tie.

Suit, shirt, & shoes - BB
Tie - No name brand


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






post #53529 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
-


Two things grab my attention immediately: the texture of the tie and the brilliantly patterned PS. The "soberness" of the suit and solid tie provide the perfect frame for that PS.
Very nice, SB!
post #53530 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Dressing for the heat and humidity today, but in a suit (too many people at the office were nonplussed by my casual attire from yesterday). We'll see if they can cope with a pink bow tie.

Suit, shirt, & shoes - BB
Tie - No name brand Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
]
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







I covet this tie!
post #53531 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post


They have clocked subway stations at over 145 F during heat waves. I used to carry a garment bag and change at the office.

 

WTF? That's over 60ºC, don't people die on such heat?
post #53532 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

WTF? That's over 60ºC, don't people die on such heat?


They certainly pass out. A lot of times people will wait at street level, and when they hear the train coming they will rush down into the station. But some of the trains are so far underground there is not choice...you have to go down, and if your timing is bad you have to wait up to fifteen minutes.
post #53533 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

"wet" means rain?

not at my house. wink.gif
post #53534 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Dressing for the heat and humidity today, but in a suit (too many people at the office were nonplussed by my casual attire from yesterday). We'll see if they can cope with a pink bow tie.

Suit, shirt, & shoes - BB
Tie - No name brand

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 Awesome summer look, UC! worship2.gif

 

Spoo should wear a pink bow tie too! biggrin.gif

post #53535 of 78721
Just when mimo thinks ive tamed my fits...


Borrelli, Tom Ford, Hermes, G&G,
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III