Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3566post #53476 of 787226/23/13 at 8:29pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53477 of 787226/23/13 at 9:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by choj
Orge (Click to show)
How would you characterize Orgetorix's button stance? Looks real good and balanced to me.
I would characterize it as spot-on.
Kai: Very nice. I second the comments about the collar gap (not so great) and button stance (very flattering). I don't think the lapels are too narrow for your build, but I certainly wouldn't go any narrower. I think you could also stand to have a taller cuff on the trousers..
AAS: The nope meter measures how emphatically I say "nope" when I look at a picture.
DonCologne: The shirt doesn't quite peg my nope meter, but it's definitely into the red. That aside, the fit of the jacket is the main thing holding you back with this combination. It's hinging on the button, closing the quarters and bowing the lapels. The collar gap is severe. I also wonder if there is too much shoulder extension.
Spend some time dialing in the fit of your clothes, and I think you'll be surprised at the improvement. For guys like us who don't have model proportions, fit is paramount.post #53478 of 787226/24/13 at 12:20ampost #53479 of 787226/24/13 at 2:25ampost #53480 of 787226/24/13 at 3:01amQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
That aside, the fit of the jacket is the main thing holding you back with this combination. It's hinging on the button, closing the quarters and bowing the lapels. The collar gap is severe. I also wonder if there is too much shoulder extension.
Spend some time dialing in the fit of your clothes, and I think you'll be surprised at the improvement. For guys like us who don't have model proportions, fit is paramount.
Good assessment. It looks like all of the problems come from a short front balance. DonCologne, you need a jacket that has a longer forepart (longer from the top, not from the bottom). Is your stuff MTM by any chance? If so, you could mention that for future commissions.post #53481 of 787226/24/13 at 4:58ampost #53482 of 787226/24/13 at 5:08am
Good morning, SF. I'm usually at work around 7:30. Graduation isn't until 10:00 so I thought I'd go ahead and get my daily pics out of the way because I have no idea what to do with myself. The high today is 91 so linen, linen and seersucker. I like the way this jacket fits when I don't move, but there is tightness in the upper bicep/shoulder area when I more around. The sleeves could be a tad longer too. Have a good day.post #53483 of 787226/24/13 at 5:16ampost #53484 of 787226/24/13 at 5:40ampost #53485 of 787226/24/13 at 6:01ampost #53486 of 787226/24/13 at 6:06ampost #53487 of 787226/24/13 at 7:11amQuote:Originally Posted by edmorel
never dress up on weekends but had to meet someone today, pants were lighty brown and shoes were shell Dinkelacker, of course.:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's a lovely looking tie, Ed. I wonder who the maker is...post #53488 of 787226/24/13 at 7:16amgreat fit, derek!!Quote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
I would love to post some but it won't happen in the near future I'm afraid. Between full time work in marketing, running the business (combined about 70 hrs per week) and with a 4 month old at home, I literally get about 5 mins a day to snap a few pics on my galaxy and post. I do have a dslr/tripod etc but yeah, time is my enemy.
but i totally understand.
thats what i was gonna say!Quote:Spend some time dialing in the fit of your clothes, and I think you'll be surprised at the improvement. For guys like us who don't have model proportions, fit is paramount.
+ a millionQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Good morning, SF. I'm usually at work around 7:30. Graduation isn't until 10:00 so I thought I'd go ahead and get my daily pics out of the way because I have no idea what to do with myself. The high today is 91 so linen, linen and seersucker. I like the way this jacket fits when I don't move, but there is tightness in the upper bicep/shoulder area when I more around. The sleeves could be a tad longer too. Have a good day.
Details. (Click to show)
i quite like. especially the change in footwear.post #53489 of 787226/24/13 at 8:49ampost #53490 of 787226/24/13 at 9:33am
Derek, that looks very pleasant. It somehow makes me uneasy that your sudden arrival is in such pleasant guise. I can't help but wonder if we're yet to smell the fart.
Anyway, some less wonderful pics: I went with another "bold tie" today, in respect to Orge splendid challenge that I missed. I have to say, I was rather happy with the way it came out. Sorry - one pic in the "car studio" before the battery died, some phone pics to supplement, below.
N.B. "The ButchBelt": how to buckle up in a suit and tie, as advised by Dr SB.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 43 seconds ago
- › NIKE Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE 3 minutes ago
- › To Boot New York (MADE IN ITALY) Brown Lace-up Mens Shoes...MSRP $425 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...