I figure if I don't peg the nope meter at least once, then I'm not doing it right. It's in my top 10 favorite shirts. I didn't even know there was a nope meter. Learn something new everyday.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3565post #53461 of 787196/23/13 at 3:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53462 of 787196/23/13 at 4:20pmpost #53463 of 787196/23/13 at 4:35pmpost #53464 of 787196/23/13 at 4:52pmQuote:
You're a guy with an enviable ability to create strong combintions (and take good pictures) which makes your love of 'fun shirts' and pleated dad jeans even more puzzling. I don't think I know of any aesthetic criteria under which either look good.post #53465 of 787196/23/13 at 4:52pmpost #53466 of 787196/23/13 at 5:05pmQuote:
The pleated jeans, I can't defend. The fun shirts are actually fun. There's no aesthetic criteria under which they're elegant, and they may be unavoidably goofy, but that doesn't make them indefensible.
Also, I share AAS's love of bit loafers (though not to the same degree).post #53467 of 787196/23/13 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
See details (Click to show)
I appreciate the way you combine patterns, texture, and colors together. I think those are all spot on in this composition except the pocket square and socks. I think something in the blue or brown family would have worked better. The biggest issue I have with the outfit is the jacket. In particular, the balance of the jacket and the large v it creates. It seems to be a fairly large collar gap at your left collar. I think the lapels need to be rolled to the top button. I wouldn't recommend buttoning the top button, but I think this would make the lapels sit closer to your collar and eliminate the gap.post #53468 of 787196/23/13 at 5:08pmpost #53469 of 787196/23/13 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kai
Suit: Beckett & Robb
Shirt: Nordstrom (yes, sleeves are a tad long.)
Cufflinks: Vintage gold and varnished scarab beetle
Shoes: Bespoke Vass
Tie: Charles Tyrwhitt
Pocket square: ebay find
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really like this combo. It looks perfect for a summer wedding. There's a bit of collar gap on your left though. Is collar gap something people care about or is it just me?post #53470 of 787196/23/13 at 5:30pmpost #53471 of 787196/23/13 at 6:11pm
Certainly not. In fact, it's pretty much the first thing that the bespoke crowd will notice here, along with the question of whether the lapels are wide enough for Kai's build. There's already a bit of a discussion of this on the Beckett and Robb thread that Kai started.post #53472 of 787196/23/13 at 7:02pmHC - fantastic as usual. would love to see some some full fits from you.
kai - very nice.Quote:
it works on tandem with the swag-o-meter.Quote:
i need that tie. will have to add to my hober wish list.post #53473 of 787196/23/13 at 7:15pmQuote:
That low button stance works well for you and I like the look as it's sharp and not fussy. I would have your guys check out your neck circle though it stands off the neck a touch. They may be able to just shrink it with pressing.post #53474 of 787196/23/13 at 7:56pmpost #53475 of 787196/23/13 at 8:29pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 56 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › For the Ladies: BNWT Canada Goose Women Solaris Parka 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.