Last day, flying out to Barcelona tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3548
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53207 of 787246/18/13 at 6:44ampost #53208 of 787246/18/13 at 6:50ampost #53209 of 787246/18/13 at 7:28amOriginally Posted by MonkeyfaceOriginally Posted by Holdfast
Chilled-out Monday. And a grey jacket...
I'm happy to see someone wearing a grey odd jacket with burgundy trousers on here. Seems like all my championing of coloured trousers with grey odd jackets is finally paying off! (Your jacket looks suspiciously much like a suit jacket though...)
It does a bit in the photo, I suppose. It's got a large-ish herringbone and is in a typically summer-jackety silk/wool blend, so I tend to think it doesn't look suity in person. Or at least, it doesn't stop me wearing it in casual looks, which may or may not be the same thing. :)
Navy suits for that tie, either solid or striped. Blue end-on-end shirts, or white, or white with blue hairline stripe. The pinstripe navy suit plus hairline stripe blue shirt would be a fairly citified type of look in my book. Definitely black shoes with that one, and a folded linen square. The solid navy suit and blue end-on-end shirt could take dark brown shoes and a nice silk puff, as more of a smart evening out type of look, if that's more your cup of tea.
Purple & green...post #53210 of 787246/18/13 at 7:36ampost #53211 of 787246/18/13 at 7:38ampost #53212 of 787246/18/13 at 7:39amQuote:
As long as what you're wearing is excellent it doesn't matter whether your outfits have much variety. I, for one, would be very interested in seeing some more sober looks on here! Someone has to balance out us loud dressers.
@Holdfast: It looked solid on my screen, but knowing that it has some texture I take back my words. Purple and green reminds me of the Joker, but you pull it off much better than he ever did! Excellent outfit!post #53213 of 787246/18/13 at 7:43ampost #53214 of 787246/18/13 at 7:43ampost #53215 of 787246/18/13 at 7:45ampost #53216 of 787246/18/13 at 7:52amQuote:Originally Posted by TTO
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Now that's what I call making an entrance!
I love the double breasted waistcoat. My next suit will probably be slightly lighter than navy with a DB waistcoat. Question for everyone: would wearing a peak lapel DB waistcoat with a notch lapel suit be ok, or is there a rule I'm unaware of?post #53217 of 787246/18/13 at 7:52amQuote:
quite possibly. but i wanted to do all brown errthang.
you have! and thanks again.
TTO, that is amazing, but please do not post a fit right after mine ever again. its really just not right.post #53218 of 787246/18/13 at 7:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
Now that's what I call making an entrance!
I love the double breasted waistcoat. My next suit will probably be slightly lighter than navy with a DB waistcoat. Question for everyone: would wearing a peak lapel DB waistcoat with a notch lapel suit be ok, or is there a rule I'm unaware of?
I'd go with a shawl lapel on the waistcoat. But I'm not sure if there's a rule.Quote:
Yeah, hands up who wants to post before TTO....pretty short list...post #53219 of 787246/18/13 at 7:58am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Carson Street Clothiers - Official Affiliate Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The Great Cascadia Boot Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 5 minutes ago
- › ‘vintage like’ special run Garza to be made by Patrizio Cappelli -... 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)