Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3544post #53146 of 787216/17/13 at 11:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53147 of 787216/17/13 at 11:37ampost #53148 of 787216/17/13 at 11:41amQuote:
Lol, I didn't change anything about the tie, it's still the original colour. Can't be bothered to change the PS, it's too much work, but here's navy for you:post #53149 of 787216/17/13 at 11:46ampost #53150 of 787216/17/13 at 11:54am
This is love, no need to spoil.Quote:Originally Posted by Betelgeuse
@MonkeyFace: Nice jacket, really liked it.
@Estitchy: getting ready to race Spoo?
It's been cold in Mexico City these days and on Saturday we experienced an earthquake that scared me a lot, I don't get scared easily by earthquakes but this one was not cool. So I don't want to be cold today. Also I didn't shave.post #53151 of 787216/17/13 at 12:00pmpost #53152 of 787216/17/13 at 12:09pmpost #53153 of 787216/17/13 at 12:27pmpost #53154 of 787216/17/13 at 12:37pmpost #53155 of 787216/17/13 at 12:39pmpost #53156 of 787216/17/13 at 12:41pmpost #53157 of 787216/17/13 at 12:46pmpost #53158 of 787216/17/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
Somehow, my Shiraz must have been stronger than I had first imagined - the steaks I remember, the singing and dancing I'm a bit more iffy on. As for "a sight for the ages", were we singing and dancing, wouldn't that have been more like "a shonda for the neighbors", or do you have terpsichorean talents hidden from the eyes of ordinary mortals, boychik?
Jus' askin' . . .
Next time, Tirailleur, definitely to be invited . . .post #53159 of 787216/17/13 at 12:52pmQuote:
Thanks for the constructive criticism.Quote:
The lighting in that picture is terrible. It's like that episode of Seinfeld. The pants are linen. They tend to wrinkle. I don't think a steamer would help given that I had worn them all day. I'm not photoshoot fresh.post #53160 of 787216/17/13 at 12:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Speaking of ties, I recently picked up this Drakes that I had been coveting for a couple of years. I don't think I did so hot with it today:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If you just don't like the tie, that's fine, but I'd prefer to hear from those who have suggestions on better pairings.
Great tie. The dots really "pop" making a nice graphic/geometric statement. But you are right, it isn't working with that suit.
1) Navy blazer
2) Ivory linen jacket
I would avoid pin stripes and windowpane patterns but I bet it would look sensational with a solid colored herringbone weave fabric.
I would wear it with a solid colored probably white PS. The pattern is strong enough that I don't think you want to compete with it.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 32 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 20 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 21 minutes ago
- › Alden MTO Forum Group Buy 22 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 23 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...