or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3526  

post #52876 of 78717

Cloudy, drizzly, and actually pretty cold today. Don't usually have cause to wear this suit in June! Tomorrow isn't looking much better, either (so much for being able to play in the "summer suit" challenge") Oh well, I'm sure summer will be return at some point... before next year, hopefully. smile.gif Didn't feel like a shirt & tie day today...

 

vbUEIUo.jpg?1

post #52877 of 78717
In SEA for the last couple of days before I head off.

My friend had me pose like this.


post #52878 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

FWIW, IMO, suit / no tie = fail, ** tie / no jacket = fail, ** suit / no socks = atomicsupermegafail, ** sc / no tie = perfectly okay, ** baseball cap = fail (unless you are 12 years old, or actually playing baseball, or sitting in the stands at an actual baseball game)

I am wearing a charcoal suit, pink shirt with no tie and two buttons undone, and cigar tassel loafers with no socks. With rakish stubble and a tasteful tan attainable only through tropical vacations with junior attendants catering to my dizzying array of whims, I'm not sure I've looked better.
post #52879 of 78717
steffenbp11 - very nice

citan - houndtooth sunds fine, any pics of it?

HF - love that suit looks weird with a thermal undershirt though. confused.gif

bboysdontcryy - great fit and FANTASTIC pics.
post #52880 of 78717
^thanks. My friend is a good shot. Should I have done smth differently? I did think I could have possibly worn a more FU type of coat, but this piece was light, wrinkle resistant and easy to pack.
post #52881 of 78717

bbdontcry:  Love the fit and the photos, 'though the unbuttoned collar doesn't really look right to me.

post #52882 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Cloudy, drizzly, and actually pretty cold today. Don't usually have cause to wear this suit in June! Tomorrow isn't looking much better, either (so much for being able to play in the "summer suit" challenge") Oh well, I'm sure summer will be return at some point... before next year, hopefully. smile.gif Didn't feel like a shirt & tie day today...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
vbUEIUo.jpg?1

post #52883 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

^thanks. My friend is a good shot. Should I have done smth differently? I did think I could have possibly worn a more FU type of coat, but this piece was light, wrinkle resistant and easy to pack.

i think that its perfect. would not change a thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdylama View Post

bbdontcry:  Love the fit and the photos, 'though the unbuttoned collar doesn't really look right to me.

for that pit, and those pics, it was perfect, imo.
post #52884 of 78717

 A rare miss for Holdfast...

 

 

 

peepwall[1].gif

post #52885 of 78717

tried to tick all the boxes for SF approval, but I probably failed at the shoes. Also, went PS-less, even though I took a pic with it (decided to tuck it in).

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #52886 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernoulli View Post

tried to tick all the boxes for SF approval, but I probably failed at the shoes. Also, went PS-less, even though I took a pic with it (decided to tuck it in).

generally nice outfit, but please dont dress for SF approval. learn from here and wear what you feel good in, using the concepts you learn.

The theorem of Acrid's noob cycle dictates that if you dress to SF approval, your wife is likely to sleep with a fireman ... which is no bueno.
post #52887 of 78717

Thanks for the comments. But don't worry, I am not looking just for SF-approval. I just felt like something more conservative today, but could not being myself to wear black shoes. 

post #52888 of 78717
bboys ~ nice fit, great shots.

acrid ~ pix!
post #52889 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post


generally nice outfit, but please dont dress for SF approval. learn from here and wear what you feel good in, using the concepts you learn.

The theorem of Acrid's noob cycle dictates that if you dress to SF approval, your wife is likely to sleep with a fireman ... which is no bueno.


 I think you should if you're going to post your pics unless you're not concerned about criticism.

 

 Most of the stuff I wear when I try to dress nicely would be torn apart if I posted pics here but I hope everyone knows that I'm trying to learn by looking at the threads. Getting there slowly though.

post #52890 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


you beat me to posting this. hahaha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III