Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3483post #52231 of 787176/3/13 at 7:17ampost #52232 of 787176/3/13 at 7:26ampost #52233 of 787176/3/13 at 7:27ampost #52234 of 787176/3/13 at 7:44amQuote:
I feel weird wearing a suit if I don't need to (odd jackets, on the other hand, I've no problem with).
Had it made here. Majority of it machine stitched, but as long as it's well made, hand stitching has never been something which concerned me.post #52235 of 787176/3/13 at 7:50am
Thanks - it's good to be back here, at the very least (back at work is perhaps another story . . .).
Your small and busy city was a bit damp and cold for late May, but was its usual charming, picturesque self - overall, it was most enjoyable.Quote:
The re-do of the Rijksmuseum was done very well - it certainly was not the tired, dark, neglected place that I had seen in 1992. The re-distribution of galleries (allocating the second floor to the 17th century collection, with the other centuries on the floors below) was very wise, at least from a public relations mode (most visitors want to see the paintings from the Golden Age of Dutch painting). The Van Gogh was nicely refreshed as well - the Stedelijk was re-done in exactly the opposite manner as the Rijksmuseum, obscuring all of the 19th century decorative touches in favor of all-white walls for 20th century and contemporary art.post #52236 of 787176/3/13 at 8:08ampost #52237 of 787176/3/13 at 8:08ampost #52238 of 787176/3/13 at 8:14am
Crusty: nice to see you back, hope you had a great trip. Two Friday challenges have missed your input!
Derek: most tasteful. (Sounds weird to say...)
Clagmeister: a question if I might. You're not quite in the same kind of sartorial wilderness I am, but are you able to get decent buttons? Aside from the general standard, my biggest issues with local tailors and haberdashers are the complete absence of things like horn buttons, felt for collars, shirt holders for trousers and other such bits and bobs. How do you get on? I can't quite tell from the pic. Nice whistle, anyway. Formal but summery - I think a good look for you.post #52239 of 787176/3/13 at 8:36am
That's surprisingly politic for you . I've had that suit about a year and have been meaning to get the buttons replaced. They are some sort of cheap black horn; currently, they are my biggest qualm with that suit. I went back to that tailor and had a linen jacket made recently...same buttons. They aren't plastic, but they aren't nice.
I have no problem finding nicer buttons, though a lot of tailors don't carry them. I generally have to go to a fabric market type place, pick them up, and take them to my alterations tailor.post #52240 of 787176/3/13 at 8:44am
Oh I do apologise. I would have been rude but you do usually wear proper trousers and socks (at least after your first and nigh-forgotten forays); you've also ceased rolling up your sleeves "washing up style". So I have little ammunition left for abusing you. :)
Count yourself fortunate - I have to get buttons from another country; for the moment I have a lot of shitty plastic ones.post #52241 of 787176/3/13 at 8:46ampost #52242 of 787176/3/13 at 8:51ampost #52243 of 787176/3/13 at 8:56amQuote:
Ah, good. Yes, the weather has been disappointing until, hopefully, now.Quote:
The all-white walls have been there for a few decades, long before this re-do, with the 'bath tub' : ).post #52244 of 787176/3/13 at 9:04amQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Thanks and good question. Yes, and the reason is twofold. One, I don't own a suit so I can't wear what I don't have. Two, I teach high school math for a living. I have no need to wear a sport coat every day, but I do. A suit would be pushing it. Most teachers were jeans and a t-shirt. I'm going pretty hard as it is.
That's hard to believe. I think all of my teachers wore a suit or at least a sport coat when I was in school.post #52245 of 787176/3/13 at 9:09am
What I wore today: worsted suit, black cap toes. White Linen PS would have been the obvious choice but I went with olive green kimono silk.
Shirt is pale blue and not cyan as it appears on my monitor.
And after a 10 hour grind it's time for Game of Thrones and food for body and soul.
Lahmacun/Dürüm Döner, Ayran and Bruichladdich.
Americone Dream it is.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 16 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...