Is the sc a black/white houndstooth, or navy/white?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3473post #52081 of 787175/30/13 at 4:20pmpost #52082 of 787175/30/13 at 4:31pmQuote:
When I noticed the letters showed, I considered restuffing it, but then I figured that bothering to hide a brand that was visible without intention was almost as bad as deliberately displaying a brand. The best approach to an accidental brand appearance is to not give a fuck...because brands aren't important enough to matter....right?
(The reactionary nature of hipster fashion has always been risible in my eyes for the same reason. By going through so much effort to demonstrate you are free from mainstream fashion, you are actually just simply letting mainstream fashion dictate what you wear in a different way)
That would be so fucking sweet. I'd happily be a brandwhore if it meant free swag.Quote:
I thought only Zegna made you hard?
Edited by Claghorn - 5/30/13 at 6:38pmpost #52083 of 787175/30/13 at 4:31pmpost #52084 of 787175/30/13 at 4:34pmpost #52085 of 787175/30/13 at 4:34pmpost #52086 of 787175/30/13 at 4:38pmQuote:
You should swap a black pair with AAS :)
What is the fabric on that blazer? Nice sheen.
Personally, I feel your trousers need more length. But that is because I like to wear mine too long.post #52087 of 787175/30/13 at 4:40pmpost #52088 of 787175/30/13 at 4:46pmpost #52089 of 787175/30/13 at 4:49pmQuote:
Thanks for the comments.
haha, if he is interested :)
The blazer is hopsack I guess?? (I am a noob). It's the JCP store brand Stafford.
I am one of those guys walking with a puddle of fabric around the ankle. In the last month or so, after reading SF and Putthison, I have decided to go with minimum break. Matter of fact this is the first pair I altered.post #52090 of 787175/30/13 at 4:52pmpost #52091 of 787175/30/13 at 4:54pm
The fit of the garments is good, but the outfit doesn't have very much character in my opinion. My outfits may have a little bit too much character though so take that with a grain of salt. My least favorite thing is the tie knot. It's way too large for a button down collar, IMO. Good for a first go though.post #52092 of 787175/30/13 at 4:59pmpost #52093 of 787175/30/13 at 5:02pmpost #52094 of 787175/30/13 at 5:04pm
I teach high school in New York City. I don't run in any circles where black shoes would be required. Dark brown will almost always do the trick. I'm not against black shoes, but I just haven't found the need for them. At funerals, I usually wear all navy blue with dark brown shoes. I've never been to an all black everything funerals actually. All the funerals I've attended have been regular Sunday church dress. If I ever need a pair of black shoes, I'll cop a pair off eBay. They're plentiful and cheap.post #52095 of 787175/30/13 at 5:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
The fit of the garments is good, but the outfit doesn't have very much character in my opinion. My outfits may have a little bit too much character though so take that with a grain of salt. My least favorite thing is the tie knot. It's way too large for a button down collar, IMO. Good for a first go though.
Thank you. I hope to improve.
Will work on the knot.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 51 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › What is this no collar shirt called? It looks really nice 6 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Brown Calf Jumper Boot - Size 10 UK 8 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 16 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 25 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 27 minutes ago
- › CANALI brown double monk shoes - Size 9 US / 8 UK / 42 EU - New in Box 34 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...