Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3454post #51796 of 787245/26/13 at 12:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51797 of 787245/26/13 at 3:49amI actually liked everything else, and nothing wrong with rule-breaking a blazer/ tie and denim in my book. But holding onto stonewashed pleated jeans.....because they're vintage? Just saying there are so many options for great denim out there right now (without paying $300+), seems a shame to wear outdated pleated jeans from the 80s at all. If it was a pair of classic pre 1950s levis straight leg or something like that, totally different story.Quote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
I was born in Alabama and raised in the South, but currently live in New York City. Living in NYC, I feel no compulsion to adhere to the rules of "business" and "country" dress, but wouldn't mind learning more about it. Anything goes in NYC. I understand that may not be the case in this forum. I've grown accustom to this freedom and will continue for the most part to exercise it. This will lead to the juxtaposition of items that are thought to be contradictory by some, but I hope that the outfit as a composition can be analyzed outside of confines of "the rules." I understand that many have a hard time making this distinction as modes of dress are historical and riddled with tradition. I've just never been big on tradition.
The pants are vintage PRL denim trousers from the 80s. I spent about a year trying to find a pair in my size. I've gotten several strongly negative reactions about them since I've bought them. I like them though and have no intention of burning them. I think they look much better when Ironed, but as I mentioned I had no electricity yesterday morning.
The most concerning thing about the comments to me was that I have no idea why you don't like the jeans. Ok, they are horrendous and atrocious, but why? Are pleats on jeans the issue or are pleats in general the issue (that's a whole other discussion)? Is it the drape of the material? the taper of the leg? the rise? I have no idea. Again I like them, but would love your input as to what in particular about them is atrocious.
Lastly, I agree the sleeves are too short. I purchased many shirts before I realized this. I do not have the funds to replace them all, so I roll with it. I'm slowly replacing things. Given that I often wear them under a jacket or with the sleeves rolled up, I'm ok with it for now.
Thanks again for all of your feedback. Best.post #51798 of 787245/26/13 at 6:06ampost #51799 of 787245/26/13 at 6:08ampost #51800 of 787245/26/13 at 6:24ampost #51801 of 787245/26/13 at 6:50ampost #51802 of 787245/26/13 at 6:53ampost #51803 of 787245/26/13 at 7:30ampost #51804 of 787245/26/13 at 7:48ampost #51805 of 787245/26/13 at 7:51ampost #51806 of 787245/26/13 at 7:56ampost #51807 of 787245/26/13 at 8:40ampost #51808 of 787245/26/13 at 8:49am
I thought a PS will be a little too much for the occasion considering that a tie is already an accessory and also this one has too many loud patterns. I have exactly the same PS as the tie but think it will be fit when I don't have the tie on.post #51809 of 787245/26/13 at 8:50am
Lol, I was taunting him a bit there, but actually agree guys. I looked at his outfit and realized how difficult a task this might be.
TBH the only thing i could imagine would be a light to medium blue edged white linen TV with points and edges up.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1207 Active Users (243 Members and 964 Guests)
- › Calvin Klein Collection Charcoal Beanie 1 minute ago
- › Cutaway Spread with no tie? 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › The Dollar Shave Club 9 minutes ago
- › Nose Hair Trimmers: Yay or Nay? 16 minutes ago
- › hemorrhoids 19 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 21 minutes ago
- › How many pairs of jeans do you own? 22 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 23 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)