Shoes are Allen Edmonds and the tie is Polo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3453post #51781 of 787195/25/13 at 6:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51782 of 787195/25/13 at 6:53pmpost #51783 of 787195/25/13 at 7:23pmpost #51784 of 787195/25/13 at 7:24pmpost #51785 of 787195/25/13 at 7:46pmpost #51786 of 787195/25/13 at 8:12pmpost #51787 of 787195/25/13 at 8:49pmpost #51788 of 787195/25/13 at 9:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by PieceofsandQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
The last day of my bow tie week
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I recently acquired a vintage glen plaid 3 piece in heavy wool, tweed-like fabric; and I was just wondering whether if it's excessively loud. I was hoping I could keep this for the fall/snow seasons here in Norther Michigan. The item was relatively cheap, keep or return?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not too loud, but some of the tailoring details may be a bit dated. Put it on, take a picture, and let's see what's what.Quote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
I was born in Alabama and raised in the South, but currently live in New York City. Living in NYC, I feel no compulsion to adhere to the rules of "business" and "country" dress, but wouldn't mind learning more about it. Anything goes in NYC. I understand that may not be the case in this forum. I've grown accustom to this freedom and will continue for the most part to exercise it. This will lead to the juxtaposition of items that are thought to be contradictory by some, but I hope that the outfit as a composition can be analyzed outside of confines of "the rules." I understand that many have a hard time making this distinction as modes of dress are historical and riddled with tradition. I've just never been big on tradition.
The pants are vintage PRL denim trousers from the 80s. I spent about a year trying to find a pair in my size. I've gotten several strongly negative reactions about them since I've bought them. I like them though and have no intention of burning them. I think they look much better when Ironed, but as I mentioned I had no electricity yesterday morning.
The most concerning thing about the comments to me was that I have no idea why you don't like the jeans. Ok, they are horrendous and atrocious, but why? Are pleats on jeans the issue or are pleats in general the issue (that's a whole other discussion)? Is it the drape of the material? the taper of the leg? the rise? I have no idea. Again I like them, but would love your input as to what in particular about them is atrocious.
Lastly, I agree the sleeves are too short. I purchased many shirts before I realized this. I do not have the funds to replace them all, so I roll with it. I'm slowly replacing things. Given that I often wear them under a jacket or with the sleeves rolled up, I'm ok with it for now.
Thanks again for all of your feedback. Best.
You could hardly choose pants less likely to garner praise here. I can't say that I like them, but the weight of cloth seems similar to typical chinos, so I'm prepared to think of them as chambray rather than denim. If you like them, enjoy.Quote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Three patterns today. I tried to fit a patterned pocket square, but decided against it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is a bit of mess. The jacket appears to be an orphaned suit jacket rather than the navy blazer you intend. Plus the buttoning point looks kinda high. Maybe swap out the buttons for horn or brass. The tattersall vest isn't really working, either. Finally, are you wearing a sweater under there as well?post #51789 of 787195/25/13 at 9:40pmpost #51790 of 787195/25/13 at 10:40pmpost #51791 of 787195/25/13 at 11:03pmQuote:
I'm gonna disagree w most here, I don't think this is bad (if this was done by, say Luca Rubinacci, half of you would be praising it).. of course there's some challenge to the groupthink here and a certain amount of fu... but let's not forget one of our most illustriuous members recently posted a full camo suit...
all and all welcome to SF...post #51792 of 787195/26/13 at 12:45ampost #51793 of 787195/26/13 at 12:48amQuote:
FTFYQuote:but let's not forget one of our most illustriuous members recently posted a full camo suit...
did you not see the vitrol he received for that?
No but seriously. The jeans are horrible. It isn't like AAS hasn't gotten praise here.post #51794 of 787195/26/13 at 12:49am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1122 Active Users (201 Members and 921 Guests)
- › GG MEGATHREAD!!!!! UK9.5E/US10D!!!!! 4 minutes ago
- › ALDEN ALT WEIN (Antique Edge) 9.5D 4 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Balloon Wool Size 38 4 minutes ago
- › ARC'TERYX VEILANCE F13 MIONN INSULATION HOODED VEST 4 minutes ago
- › Vass Melton Antique cognac - New Peter last size 43 - Brand new in box 4 minutes ago
- › Vass chukka medium brown suede - F last size 43 - Brand new 4 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Vass Old English II on the new SP last! Size 42. Brand... 4 minutes ago
- › Fantastic Vass black crocodile wholecuts. Size 43.5 U last 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Plain Toe Blucher size 8.5D on Barrie / BNIB 4 minutes ago
- › NWT Thom Browne for Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Grey Burgundy... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...