I like the last one, but I'm a sucker for the windowpane.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3452
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51767 of 787245/25/13 at 12:51pmpost #51768 of 787245/25/13 at 12:57pmpost #51769 of 787245/25/13 at 12:59pmpost #51770 of 787245/25/13 at 1:20pmpost #51771 of 787245/25/13 at 2:01pmpost #51772 of 787245/25/13 at 2:21pmpost #51773 of 787245/25/13 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
I havr no problem with blendinh city and country. But those jeans are just not good. I tried to even understand it from an ironic perspective, a high fashion perspective and even a streetwear perspective and it didn't click with any. It looks kitsch... and not in a good way. still you have a goof and consistent aesthetic that you can afford to trip up sometimes
Definitely. AAS is one of the best new posters we've had in a while, and his last several fits have been quite good, but this one is a miss, mostly because of the jeans. You're right... I can't square them no matter how I look at them.
Everyone has misses, AAS, please don't take it the wrong way or think that everyone is jumping down your throat.post #51774 of 787245/25/13 at 2:29pmpost #51775 of 787245/25/13 at 2:41pmpost #51776 of 787245/25/13 at 3:52pm
Quote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
The most concerning thing about the comments to me was that I have no idea why you don't like the jeans. Ok, they are horrendous and atrocious, but why? Are pleats on jeans the issue or are pleats in general the issue (that's a whole other discussion)? Is it the drape of the material? the taper of the leg? the rise? I have no idea. Again I like them, but would love your input as to what in particular about them is atrocious.
In the late 1980's and early 1990's, the wide shouldered and pleated / tapered pants look was all the rage. It started in suits and men's dress pants and migrated to jeans and women's pants (combined wide, over-stuffed shoulder pads on low button stance DB jackets). Soon the trend mixed with the urban styles of that era and hit its zenith of awfulness with horrors like this:
But if it just ended there, it wouldn't be so bad. The second act, that has left pleats fending for their existence, was when the pleated baggy "relaxed fit" pants and jeans hit the Walmart clearance rack. At that point middle-american mom & dad found out that these acid washed pleated horrors were also very comfortable for those with expanding waistlines and backsides. Long after the kids had decided these things were passé, mom kept right on wearing them. As you yourself pointed out, they have become known as mom jeans for this reason.
They are bad because they are unflattering (especially for someone as thin as yourself). The "comfort" tapered shape makes for an unnatural hip flare and baggy mess in front. They look dated, not vintage, much the way tacky 70's plaids and bell bottoms look dated.
Just because something is old, doesn't mean it's good.post #51777 of 787245/25/13 at 4:19pmpost #51778 of 787245/25/13 at 4:44pmpost #51779 of 787245/25/13 at 5:16pmpost #51780 of 787245/25/13 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Three patterns today. I tried to fit a patterned pocket square, but decided against it.
All in all, this is nice change from yesterday. Love the vest.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › New in box MR HARE Genet II black tassel loafers - UK9.5 / EUR43.5... 3 minutes ago
- › New BURBERRY LONDON deep purple blazer - IT46 6 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Various new JCREW Ludlow suits / tuxedos - 36S / 36R / 30-32 / 31-32 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US 10 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you RIDE today? 10 minutes ago
- › Trouser Leg Opening Size: What Range is Acceptable, How You Should... 12 minutes ago
- › Show Me Your Stripes Friday Challenge 7/11/14 13 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)