I like the last one, but I'm a sucker for the windowpane.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3452
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51767 of 787225/25/13 at 12:51pmpost #51768 of 787225/25/13 at 12:57pmpost #51769 of 787225/25/13 at 12:59pmpost #51770 of 787225/25/13 at 1:20pmpost #51771 of 787225/25/13 at 2:01pmpost #51772 of 787225/25/13 at 2:21pmpost #51773 of 787225/25/13 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
I havr no problem with blendinh city and country. But those jeans are just not good. I tried to even understand it from an ironic perspective, a high fashion perspective and even a streetwear perspective and it didn't click with any. It looks kitsch... and not in a good way. still you have a goof and consistent aesthetic that you can afford to trip up sometimes
Definitely. AAS is one of the best new posters we've had in a while, and his last several fits have been quite good, but this one is a miss, mostly because of the jeans. You're right... I can't square them no matter how I look at them.
Everyone has misses, AAS, please don't take it the wrong way or think that everyone is jumping down your throat.post #51774 of 787225/25/13 at 2:29pm
GD, just kidding. But there's no law against ties or PS on Saturdays either; after all, we're all eccentric in the eyes of the masses anyway...
Cantab: that's brutal. But I can't help agreeing...especially if they're also stretchy!post #51775 of 787225/25/13 at 2:41pmpost #51776 of 787225/25/13 at 3:52pm
Quote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
The most concerning thing about the comments to me was that I have no idea why you don't like the jeans. Ok, they are horrendous and atrocious, but why? Are pleats on jeans the issue or are pleats in general the issue (that's a whole other discussion)? Is it the drape of the material? the taper of the leg? the rise? I have no idea. Again I like them, but would love your input as to what in particular about them is atrocious.
In the late 1980's and early 1990's, the wide shouldered and pleated / tapered pants look was all the rage. It started in suits and men's dress pants and migrated to jeans and women's pants (combined wide, over-stuffed shoulder pads on low button stance DB jackets). Soon the trend mixed with the urban styles of that era and hit its zenith of awfulness with horrors like this:
But if it just ended there, it wouldn't be so bad. The second act, that has left pleats fending for their existence, was when the pleated baggy "relaxed fit" pants and jeans hit the Walmart clearance rack. At that point middle-american mom & dad found out that these acid washed pleated horrors were also very comfortable for those with expanding waistlines and backsides. Long after the kids had decided these things were passé, mom kept right on wearing them. As you yourself pointed out, they have become known as mom jeans for this reason.
They are bad because they are unflattering (especially for someone as thin as yourself). The "comfort" tapered shape makes for an unnatural hip flare and baggy mess in front. They look dated, not vintage, much the way tacky 70's plaids and bell bottoms look dated.
Just because something is old, doesn't mean it's good.post #51777 of 787225/25/13 at 4:19pmpost #51778 of 787225/25/13 at 4:44pmpost #51779 of 787225/25/13 at 5:16pmpost #51780 of 787225/25/13 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Three patterns today. I tried to fit a patterned pocket square, but decided against it.
All in all, this is nice change from yesterday. Love the vest.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Viberg Tan Horsehide size 7 1 minute ago
- › Sole Welting 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 8 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...