Totally agree, do it tonight, don't wait until tomorrow
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3450
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51737 of 787235/24/13 at 9:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by MisterFu
I am not a SW&D person and know almost nothing about "street wear" or denim. I only own two pairs of jeans (both identical, basic Levis 505's). But even I know the jeans in the above picture are, IN FACT, the worst jeans in the entire world. You should burn these tonight. I am not kidding.
With the right pants (anything other than jeans), you would have had a nice outfit.
Based on the rest of his outfit and the way he carries himself I'm assuming they are supposed to be ironically unfashionable, so unfashionable that they are fashionable.post #51738 of 787235/24/13 at 9:38pmQuote:That's a LOT of FU for a full suit, much less 3 pieces (says the guy who just did stripes on stripes on stripes, to generally dismal acclaim). Don't get me wrong, I would welcome -- nay, relish -- the opportunity to take that suit for a spin or two. And the good news is the lapels are manageable and the gorge is in the right place (hard to tell where the button point is). But if groupthink blue suit dark tie is your thing, then this suit isn't for you.Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
I recently acquired a vintage glen plaid 3 piece in heavy wool, tweed-like fabric; and I was just wondering whether if it's excessively loud. I was hoping I could keep this for the fall/snow seasons here in Norther Michigan. The item was relatively cheap, keep or return?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
OTOH, to me, if "relatively cheap" means "won't impact my weekly budget", keep it and have a crapload of fun trying to rock it.post #51739 of 787235/24/13 at 11:14pmpost #51740 of 787235/25/13 at 12:05ampost #51741 of 787235/25/13 at 12:29amQuote:
+ different tie, socks. and sans boutonnière
thing is AAS, you're city of London up top (and not in a good way) and 1980s schoolteacher down low. sall messed up
Edited by Pliny - 5/25/13 at 12:39ampost #51742 of 787235/25/13 at 12:42ampost #51743 of 787235/25/13 at 1:07ampost #51744 of 787235/25/13 at 3:01amAAS I won't touch the jeans because the others have already summed that up but one thing I noticed, and I've seen your fits on tumblr often before you signed up is almost all of your shirt sleeves are too short. I'm a big guy as well, 6 foot 2 to be exact and us big buggers need to find someone who will either make a longer sleeve or go the MTM route. MTM shirts are a piece of cake.post #51745 of 787235/25/13 at 3:03am
Cometh and voteth in the greatest event on earth (Vote is Multiple Choice)
Edited by clapeyron - 5/25/13 at 9:38ampost #51746 of 787235/25/13 at 4:27ampost #51747 of 787235/25/13 at 4:36ampost #51748 of 787235/25/13 at 5:11ampost #51749 of 787235/25/13 at 7:07ampost #51750 of 787235/25/13 at 7:48am
I was born in Alabama and raised in the South, but currently live in New York City. Living in NYC, I feel no compulsion to adhere to the rules of "business" and "country" dress, but wouldn't mind learning more about it. Anything goes in NYC. I understand that may not be the case in this forum. I've grown accustom to this freedom and will continue for the most part to exercise it. This will lead to the juxtaposition of items that are thought to be contradictory by some, but I hope that the outfit as a composition can be analyzed outside of confines of "the rules." I understand that many have a hard time making this distinction as modes of dress are historical and riddled with tradition. I've just never been big on tradition.
The pants are vintage PRL denim trousers from the 80s. I spent about a year trying to find a pair in my size. I've gotten several strongly negative reactions about them since I've bought them. I like them though and have no intention of burning them. I think they look much better when Ironed, but as I mentioned I had no electricity yesterday morning.
The most concerning thing about the comments to me was that I have no idea why you don't like the jeans. Ok, they are horrendous and atrocious, but why? Are pleats on jeans the issue or are pleats in general the issue (that's a whole other discussion)? Is it the drape of the material? the taper of the leg? the rise? I have no idea. Again I like them, but would love your input as to what in particular about them is atrocious.
Lastly, I agree the sleeves are too short. I purchased many shirts before I realized this. I do not have the funds to replace them all, so I roll with it. I'm slowly replacing things. Given that I often wear them under a jacket or with the sleeves rolled up, I'm ok with it for now.
Thanks again for all of your feedback. Best.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 50 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 5 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...