Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:43 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3444
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51647 of 787215/23/13 at 9:37amQuote:
lol, i also thought the blurry pic was the best of the group.
i also think striped jackets or pants are very hard to successfully use alone. i dont own any for just that reason.post #51648 of 787215/23/13 at 9:39amQuote:
meh. i think you are jumping the shark here, C. a dot tie is and always will be a classic. they are very different than neats imo, and serve different purposes. i think you are pretty much off on this one.post #51649 of 787215/23/13 at 9:41ampost #51650 of 787215/23/13 at 9:43amQuote:
i mean, i guess i agree if youre talking about a big polka dot.post #51651 of 787215/23/13 at 9:48ampost #51652 of 787215/23/13 at 9:52amQuote:
There was a discussion yesterday on tan and gray combos. The evidence suggested that camel up top and a more saturated gray below was the higher percentage shot. For your jacket, I would go with dark-gray trousers (somewhat controversial around here) or maybe cream trousers.post #51653 of 787215/23/13 at 9:54amQuote:
It's clear that you've considered this carefully, but I must differ.post #51654 of 787215/23/13 at 10:05ampost #51655 of 787215/23/13 at 10:09amQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
There was a discussion yesterday on tan and gray combos. The evidence suggested that camel up top and a more saturated gray below was the higher percentage shot. For your jacket, I would go with dark-gray trousers (somewhat controversial around here) or maybe cream trousers.
Thank you. I don't have any charcoal grey that isn't flannel and NYC is far to hot for the fabric now. I also think the trousers I was wearing (med grey) are probably darker than photographed.
I thought about tan, but if a garment has black in it, i have a hard time pairing it w/ anything in the brown family (that includes khaki or tan for me) and feeling good about it. I have the same issue with a grey/black herringbone jacket I wear in the autumn. C'est la vie.post #51656 of 787215/23/13 at 10:16ampost #51657 of 787215/23/13 at 10:20amI figured I'd get some hate. I shall return (when mood strikes me) to more appropriate attire. In the meantime, keep providing awesome inspiration and education. For example, Butch, your SC today is just fantastic.
FWIW, the jacket was definitely intended as an odd. Not that that makes it right, at least by SF standards. Just clarifying I didn't break up a suit.post #51658 of 787215/23/13 at 10:22amQuote:
ahhhhhh. see, in the states, we call that being "a stitch"
slim cargos are great. so much room to put stuff!!!!!post #51659 of 787215/23/13 at 10:32ampost #51660 of 787215/23/13 at 10:45amQuote:
i would never accuse you of committing such a vile and egregious sin. i was just saying i have a hard time pairing striped jackets or pants, that are not suits. some can do it, but to date, not me.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 44 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 6 minutes ago
- › SF Shoe Collections 11 minutes ago
- › Common Projects BBall Low in Black (Size 44) 13 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 15 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...