or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3444  

post #51646 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Say what now? confused.gif
.

The Drakes very small pindot being the salient exception.

I realise they're traditional but I think that nowadays, they're a but cheesy. There is no polka dot that's better than a similar Macclesfield.
post #51647 of 78722
My second post here, as stated above dont eat me alive...

post #51648 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I dislike the outfit, but I like the way it looks in this image (the shirt blurred into solid blue). The pinstriped jacket being worn outside a suit might work in a similar context.

lol, i also thought the blurry pic was the best of the group.

i also think striped jackets or pants are very hard to successfully use alone. i dont own any for just that reason.
post #51649 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

The Drakes very small pindot being the salient exception.
I realise they're traditional but I think that nowadays, they're a bit cheesy. There is no polka dot that's better than a similar Macclesfield.

meh. i think you are jumping the shark here, C. a dot tie is and always will be a classic. they are very different than neats imo, and serve different purposes. i think you are pretty much off on this one.
post #51650 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezinho View Post

My second post here, as stated above dont eat me alive...


pants look a little snug, but I like it. Looks like something id wear have worn.

show some cuff and throw in a pocket square and youd be good to go.
post #51651 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

The Drakes very small pindot being the salient exception.

I realise they're traditional but I think that nowadays, they're a but cheesy. There is no polka dot that's better than a similar Macclesfield.

LOL

i mean, i guess i agree if youre talking about a big polka dot.
post #51652 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezinho View Post

My second post here, as stated above dont eat me alive...
 

 

What Derek said, plus get some proper trousers and don't stand like a big jessie.  Even if that's what Derek asks you to do.  Especially if that's what Derek asks you to do.

post #51653 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringodaddy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

If the picture is accurate, you need more contrast between pants and jacket.
Thank you for taking the time to comment.  I agree.  Jacket is a bitch to match.  Any thoughts on tan trousers and this?

There was a discussion yesterday on tan and gray combos. The evidence suggested that camel up top and a more saturated gray below was the higher percentage shot. For your jacket, I would go with dark-gray trousers (somewhat controversial around here) or maybe cream trousers.
post #51654 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Say what now? confused.gif
.

The Drakes very small pindot being the salient exception.

I realise they're traditional but I think that nowadays, they're a but cheesy. There is no polka dot that's better than a similar Macclesfield.

It's clear that you've considered this carefully, but I must differ.
post #51655 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

What Derek said, plus get some proper trousers and don't stand like a big jessie.  Even if that's what Derek asks you to do.  Especially if that's what Derek asks you to do.

lol8[1].gif

i have to ask...whats "a big Jessie?"
post #51656 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


There was a discussion yesterday on tan and gray combos. The evidence suggested that camel up top and a more saturated gray below was the higher percentage shot. For your jacket, I would go with dark-gray trousers (somewhat controversial around here) or maybe cream trousers.

Thank you.  I don't have any charcoal grey that isn't flannel and NYC is far to hot for the fabric now.  I also think the trousers I was wearing (med grey) are probably darker than photographed.  

 

I thought about tan, but if a garment has black in it, i have a hard time pairing it w/ anything  in the brown family (that includes khaki or tan for me) and feeling good about it.  I have the same issue with a grey/black herringbone jacket I wear in the autumn. C'est la vie.

post #51657 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


lol8[1].gif

i have to ask...whats "a big Jessie?"

 

Ah, the language barrier...

 

An effete or inadequately masculine person, or one acting in such a manner.  Some of them also wear cargo pants with blazers or sports jackets.  Terrible business.

post #51658 of 78722
lol8[1].gif I figured I'd get some hate. I shall return (when mood strikes me) to more appropriate attire. In the meantime, keep providing awesome inspiration and education. For example, Butch, your SC today is just fantastic.

FWIW, the jacket was definitely intended as an odd. Not that that makes it right, at least by SF standards. Just clarifying I didn't break up a suit.
post #51659 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Ah, the language barrier...

An effete or inadequately masculine person, or one acting in such a manner.  Some of them also wear cargo pants with blazers or sports jackets.  Terrible business.

ahhhhhh. see, in the states, we call that being "a stitch"

slim cargos are great. so much room to put stuff!!!!! nod[1].gif
post #51660 of 78722
Ah, you took the bite. Thanks, Mimo.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III