Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3444
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51647 of 787195/23/13 at 9:37amQuote:
lol, i also thought the blurry pic was the best of the group.
i also think striped jackets or pants are very hard to successfully use alone. i dont own any for just that reason.post #51648 of 787195/23/13 at 9:39amQuote:
meh. i think you are jumping the shark here, C. a dot tie is and always will be a classic. they are very different than neats imo, and serve different purposes. i think you are pretty much off on this one.post #51649 of 787195/23/13 at 9:41ampost #51650 of 787195/23/13 at 9:43amQuote:
i mean, i guess i agree if youre talking about a big polka dot.post #51651 of 787195/23/13 at 9:48ampost #51652 of 787195/23/13 at 9:52amQuote:
There was a discussion yesterday on tan and gray combos. The evidence suggested that camel up top and a more saturated gray below was the higher percentage shot. For your jacket, I would go with dark-gray trousers (somewhat controversial around here) or maybe cream trousers.post #51653 of 787195/23/13 at 9:54amQuote:
It's clear that you've considered this carefully, but I must differ.post #51654 of 787195/23/13 at 10:05ampost #51655 of 787195/23/13 at 10:09amQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
There was a discussion yesterday on tan and gray combos. The evidence suggested that camel up top and a more saturated gray below was the higher percentage shot. For your jacket, I would go with dark-gray trousers (somewhat controversial around here) or maybe cream trousers.
Thank you. I don't have any charcoal grey that isn't flannel and NYC is far to hot for the fabric now. I also think the trousers I was wearing (med grey) are probably darker than photographed.
I thought about tan, but if a garment has black in it, i have a hard time pairing it w/ anything in the brown family (that includes khaki or tan for me) and feeling good about it. I have the same issue with a grey/black herringbone jacket I wear in the autumn. C'est la vie.post #51656 of 787195/23/13 at 10:16ampost #51657 of 787195/23/13 at 10:20amI figured I'd get some hate. I shall return (when mood strikes me) to more appropriate attire. In the meantime, keep providing awesome inspiration and education. For example, Butch, your SC today is just fantastic.
FWIW, the jacket was definitely intended as an odd. Not that that makes it right, at least by SF standards. Just clarifying I didn't break up a suit.post #51658 of 787195/23/13 at 10:22amQuote:
ahhhhhh. see, in the states, we call that being "a stitch"
slim cargos are great. so much room to put stuff!!!!!post #51659 of 787195/23/13 at 10:32ampost #51660 of 787195/23/13 at 10:45amQuote:
i would never accuse you of committing such a vile and egregious sin. i was just saying i have a hard time pairing striped jackets or pants, that are not suits. some can do it, but to date, not me.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 10 minutes ago
- › Shoe purge. Saint Crispin's, Enzo Bonafè and Paraboot. 11 minutes ago
- › What to do with this orphaned black tuxedo jacket? Photos included 13 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 18 minutes ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?