Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:38 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3437post #51541 of 787215/22/13 at 6:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51542 of 787215/22/13 at 6:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Well, "tad small" might be understatement of the year. That's a pretty noticeable X right around the button. It suggests to me that the jacket is quite tight, But it could also be exaggerated by the rather odd posture in the photo. There is also something odd going on across the chest on the left side (your right).
Thank you for the commentary gentlemen. Jacket isn't tight in the slightest. It is unlined and has no padding, so the various wrinkles, etc might be attributable to that. Than you both for the welcome and taking the time to comment.post #51543 of 787215/22/13 at 6:43am
Thank you for the commentary gentlemen. Jacket isn't tight in the slightest. It is unlined and has no padding, so the various wrinkles, etc might be attributable to that. Than you both for the welcome and taking the time to comment.post #51544 of 787215/22/13 at 7:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Re: the debate about tan & grey. IMO, these colours do theoretically work together... but it is easily the hardest "classic" colour combination to get to work in practice. You can't just combine any grey with any tan. It has to be exactly the right shade of grey for exactly the right shade of tan. I don't how to describe colour properties technically enough to be precise about this, but from personal experience, I'm disappointed with 9/10 grey+tan outfits I put together because of this issue. Not enough to actually change outfits (I'm lazy), but I do notice. As a result, I've largely stopped pairing grey jackets with tan trousers. I might try it next week, just for funsies, inspired by this debate. If I retain the motivation, I'll try to show the difference in overall effect between two slightly different tan trousers with the same grey odd jacket. (There are other points I'm not a fan of re: stitches' outfit but others have already mentioned those, and I wanted to talk more about the colour pairing).
Anyway, I wasn't going to post this in this thread, but I figure stitchy needs a break from being the centre of negative attention, so I'll give you all something else to rag on, with this very unpolished, very layabout look for a layabout sort of day!
Wow! Holdfast dressed down.
You should get some cool cowboy boots, HF.post #51545 of 787215/22/13 at 7:11ampost #51546 of 787215/22/13 at 7:51ampost #51547 of 787215/22/13 at 8:01ampost #51548 of 787215/22/13 at 8:02ampost #51549 of 787215/22/13 at 8:32ampost #51550 of 787215/22/13 at 8:36ampost #51551 of 787215/22/13 at 8:39ampost #51552 of 787215/22/13 at 8:46ampost #51553 of 787215/22/13 at 8:53ampost #51554 of 787215/22/13 at 8:55ampost #51555 of 787215/22/13 at 9:00amQuote:
Get some linen trousers and roll them tomorrow (preferably to above your knees). Then unroll hem on Friday and participate in The Challenge. They should be nice and wrinkly...
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Ring Jacket Japan Proxy via Sprout2 (RTW/MTO/MTM) 53 seconds ago
- › Alden Snuff Chukka (8 Leydon) 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › One Pair of High Value English Shoes? Which and Why? 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...