Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3422post #51316 of 787195/19/13 at 9:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51317 of 787195/19/13 at 10:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
It's good to see, that no one is immune from your minute tailoring recommendations.
The jeans are fine. The SC is off, though; [the] buttoning point is too way low. It's probably too long as well, but unfortunately you can't do anything about that, because it would exacerbate the first problem.
I believe the perfect buttoning point is directly over the belly button, so I like this button stance. I would, however, agree, that the length is too long--Charles Tyrwhitt do a tailored fit which is an inch shorter in length, so I'll go for that next time. Another problem is: I have 35" arms, so need a 26" sleeve (on average). This, usually, affects the length of most jackets--my arms are out of proportion to my height, and I have quite a short upper body.post #51318 of 787195/19/13 at 10:49ampost #51319 of 787195/19/13 at 11:12ampost #51320 of 787195/19/13 at 11:17amQuote:
sorry, michael, but this is rediculous.
1. the fit thread is stickied at the top of the CM page 1 all the time. like, all the time. and, its like the easiest thing to search for.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2. oh, the thread is dead on a saturday night? besides the fact that the implies that you know exactly where the thread is, tough shit. post there and wait for people to reply.
you photo-bombed 3 different threads that i am aware of with that post, none of which were the appropriate thread, and at the very least, you could have spoilered all but the first 2 pics.
people here are happy to help, but be polite and work within the confines of the board. you seem to be utterly self centered and selfish. you dont care that you are posting things that are inappropriate for the thread you are posting in, you dont care to do it multiple times in multiple threads and you dont care to post an endless scroll of the same horribly lit pictures, and your excuse is that the tailors thread is dead on a saturday night and heaven forbid you have to wait a day or two for people to give you free expert advise.
get real man. treat the board and its members with some respect and you will get a lot more out of it.
tl;dr - use common sense & dont be a jerk.post #51321 of 787195/19/13 at 11:17ampost #51322 of 787195/19/13 at 11:38ampost #51323 of 787195/19/13 at 12:04pmpost #51324 of 787195/19/13 at 12:05pmpost #51325 of 787195/19/13 at 12:33pmpost #51326 of 787195/19/13 at 12:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
Back in Nigeria for Post-Imperial stuff. .
also met up with wireartist and ivwri. Saw some of the stuff they are working on. it is going to be ultraWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I had that same smug smile back in 95 when I saw this (game one in person, though I was perhaps too young to really appreciate what I was witnessing):post #51327 of 787195/19/13 at 12:48pmpost #51328 of 787195/19/13 at 12:54pm
Nothing will be as good as those times. We had one of the ten best players ever (and of the other best players ever, I doubt any combined size and grace like Hakeem...meaning not only did he dominate...but he was beautiful to watch...something which cannot be said for anyone else).
But I love the Beard. He's got mad skills and genuinely loves the same (you can see the joy in his face as he plays)
Edited by Claghorn - 5/19/13 at 7:32pmpost #51329 of 787195/19/13 at 12:54pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Vicuna Topcoat? 59 seconds ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Missing posters 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?