Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3422post #51316 of 787215/19/13 at 9:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51317 of 787215/19/13 at 10:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
It's good to see, that no one is immune from your minute tailoring recommendations.
The jeans are fine. The SC is off, though; [the] buttoning point is too way low. It's probably too long as well, but unfortunately you can't do anything about that, because it would exacerbate the first problem.
I believe the perfect buttoning point is directly over the belly button, so I like this button stance. I would, however, agree, that the length is too long--Charles Tyrwhitt do a tailored fit which is an inch shorter in length, so I'll go for that next time. Another problem is: I have 35" arms, so need a 26" sleeve (on average). This, usually, affects the length of most jackets--my arms are out of proportion to my height, and I have quite a short upper body.post #51318 of 787215/19/13 at 10:49ampost #51319 of 787215/19/13 at 11:12ampost #51320 of 787215/19/13 at 11:17amQuote:
sorry, michael, but this is rediculous.
1. the fit thread is stickied at the top of the CM page 1 all the time. like, all the time. and, its like the easiest thing to search for.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2. oh, the thread is dead on a saturday night? besides the fact that the implies that you know exactly where the thread is, tough shit. post there and wait for people to reply.
you photo-bombed 3 different threads that i am aware of with that post, none of which were the appropriate thread, and at the very least, you could have spoilered all but the first 2 pics.
people here are happy to help, but be polite and work within the confines of the board. you seem to be utterly self centered and selfish. you dont care that you are posting things that are inappropriate for the thread you are posting in, you dont care to do it multiple times in multiple threads and you dont care to post an endless scroll of the same horribly lit pictures, and your excuse is that the tailors thread is dead on a saturday night and heaven forbid you have to wait a day or two for people to give you free expert advise.
get real man. treat the board and its members with some respect and you will get a lot more out of it.
tl;dr - use common sense & dont be a jerk.post #51321 of 787215/19/13 at 11:17ampost #51322 of 787215/19/13 at 11:38ampost #51323 of 787215/19/13 at 12:04pmpost #51324 of 787215/19/13 at 12:05pmpost #51325 of 787215/19/13 at 12:33pmpost #51326 of 787215/19/13 at 12:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
Back in Nigeria for Post-Imperial stuff. .
also met up with wireartist and ivwri. Saw some of the stuff they are working on. it is going to be ultraWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I had that same smug smile back in 95 when I saw this (game one in person, though I was perhaps too young to really appreciate what I was witnessing):post #51327 of 787215/19/13 at 12:48pmpost #51328 of 787215/19/13 at 12:54pm
Nothing will be as good as those times. We had one of the ten best players ever (and of the other best players ever, I doubt any combined size and grace like Hakeem...meaning not only did he dominate...but he was beautiful to watch...something which cannot be said for anyone else).
But I love the Beard. He's got mad skills and genuinely loves the same (you can see the joy in his face as he plays)
Edited by Claghorn - 5/19/13 at 7:32pmpost #51329 of 787215/19/13 at 12:54pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 21 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Most shoes for the money? 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 9 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan