Albert, that's brilliant. (Please send pictures to Denmark!)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3421post #51302 of 787175/19/13 at 7:16ampost #51303 of 787175/19/13 at 7:17amQuote:
Albert I never considered thrifting until you came along.post #51304 of 787175/19/13 at 7:38amQuote:
Outstanding!post #51305 of 787175/19/13 at 8:07ampost #51306 of 787175/19/13 at 8:15ampost #51307 of 787175/19/13 at 8:20ampost #51308 of 787175/19/13 at 8:29ampost #51309 of 787175/19/13 at 8:35amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
The jacket's not bad, possibly a touch too short and ever so slightly too wide in the shoulders (although the latter is fine if intended - it's supposed to give a striking silhouette after all). I don't think it's too big - and I'm wondering why it's gaping so wide in the quarters - but it does look a touch boxy. Your shirt doesn't fit you at all; too big all over (I often have this problem with standard fits, even as a fatty, because my collar size is big); either get it taken in to fit you, or just buy a "slim fit" in the same collar size.. The trousers are too long; get them taken up at least an inch. Don't forget a cummerbund or waistcoat. And I don't like your shoes.
Apart from that you look lovely.
Thanks for your reply. It's a new tux. The pants came pre-hemmed with a special taping attached to the inside hem, not sure what that was. It didn't come with a matching waistcoat, which I would have preferred.
It's size 52. I should have tried 50 but the salesguy pinned me at 52, made me try it on, said it fit, and was in such total control of the situation I didn't ask to try on size 50. 52 felt very comfortable, to be fair. The pants fit but not snugly like I prefer. I don't need to wear braces but it helps a lot with keeping the pants at one level on my waist.
The shirt's a disaster I know. It's size 43. its a sack. 41 fits me perfectly in the shoulders but its asphyxiation in the neck. 42 and 43 are pretty much the same in the shoulders but 43 is more comfortable neck wise. Shirt needs a date with the tailor, I know.
Don't talk about the shoes! :) I don't have proper black-tie footwear. Those oxfords will have to do :(
Thanks again for your suggestions.
You are correct, of course. but the Tailors Thread is dead on a saturday evening. :) plus yesterday I really could not find it when I scrolled through. Wouldn't normally post this here. my apologies.post #51310 of 787175/19/13 at 8:55am
Thrifting is a very fascinating sport. It´s like hunting, fishing or gold digging. It cost time, not money. And you need a good dry cleaner and a taylor for minor adjustments. But if you can find taylor made suits or so called premium brand garments for $1, $10, $50 instead of $1.000 - $5.000 you can easily afford the taylor. Good luck in fishing.
Some people think it is a little dirty with second hand clothes. But do they have the same feeling about laying between the sheets in a luxury hotel?post #51311 of 787175/19/13 at 9:15ampost #51312 of 787175/19/13 at 9:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Hampton
Those are Ray Bans right?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yep, clubmasters.post #51313 of 787175/19/13 at 9:38amQuote:
Its good to see that no one is immune from your minute tailoring recommendations.
The jeans are fine. The SC is off though - buttoning point is too way low. It's probably too long as well but unfortunately you can't do anything about that because it would exacerbate the first problem.post #51314 of 787175/19/13 at 9:58ampost #51315 of 787175/19/13 at 10:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
It's good to see, that no one is immune from your minute tailoring recommendations.
The jeans are fine. The SC is off, though; [the] buttoning point is too way low. It's probably too long as well, but unfortunately you can't do anything about that, because it would exacerbate the first problem.
I believe the perfect buttoning point is directly over the belly button, so I like this button stance. I would, however, agree, that the length is too long--Charles Tyrwhitt do a tailored fit which is an inch shorter in length, so I'll go for that next time. Another problem is: I have 35" arms, so need a 26" sleeve (on average). This, usually, affects the length of most jackets--my arms are out of proportion to my height, and I have quite a short upper body.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Friday Challenge 23th of September 2016 - 'The Great Outdoors' 38 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › NWB Crockett & Jones Belgrave Hand Grade US 10D UK 9E 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...