Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3421
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51302 of 787215/19/13 at 6:38ampost #51303 of 787215/19/13 at 6:41ampost #51304 of 787215/19/13 at 7:16ampost #51305 of 787215/19/13 at 7:17amQuote:
Albert I never considered thrifting until you came along.post #51306 of 787215/19/13 at 7:38amQuote:
Outstanding!post #51307 of 787215/19/13 at 8:07ampost #51308 of 787215/19/13 at 8:15ampost #51309 of 787215/19/13 at 8:20ampost #51310 of 787215/19/13 at 8:29ampost #51311 of 787215/19/13 at 8:35amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
The jacket's not bad, possibly a touch too short and ever so slightly too wide in the shoulders (although the latter is fine if intended - it's supposed to give a striking silhouette after all). I don't think it's too big - and I'm wondering why it's gaping so wide in the quarters - but it does look a touch boxy. Your shirt doesn't fit you at all; too big all over (I often have this problem with standard fits, even as a fatty, because my collar size is big); either get it taken in to fit you, or just buy a "slim fit" in the same collar size.. The trousers are too long; get them taken up at least an inch. Don't forget a cummerbund or waistcoat. And I don't like your shoes.
Apart from that you look lovely.
Thanks for your reply. It's a new tux. The pants came pre-hemmed with a special taping attached to the inside hem, not sure what that was. It didn't come with a matching waistcoat, which I would have preferred.
It's size 52. I should have tried 50 but the salesguy pinned me at 52, made me try it on, said it fit, and was in such total control of the situation I didn't ask to try on size 50. 52 felt very comfortable, to be fair. The pants fit but not snugly like I prefer. I don't need to wear braces but it helps a lot with keeping the pants at one level on my waist.
The shirt's a disaster I know. It's size 43. its a sack. 41 fits me perfectly in the shoulders but its asphyxiation in the neck. 42 and 43 are pretty much the same in the shoulders but 43 is more comfortable neck wise. Shirt needs a date with the tailor, I know.
Don't talk about the shoes! :) I don't have proper black-tie footwear. Those oxfords will have to do :(
Thanks again for your suggestions.
You are correct, of course. but the Tailors Thread is dead on a saturday evening. :) plus yesterday I really could not find it when I scrolled through. Wouldn't normally post this here. my apologies.post #51312 of 787215/19/13 at 8:55am
Thrifting is a very fascinating sport. It´s like hunting, fishing or gold digging. It cost time, not money. And you need a good dry cleaner and a taylor for minor adjustments. But if you can find taylor made suits or so called premium brand garments for $1, $10, $50 instead of $1.000 - $5.000 you can easily afford the taylor. Good luck in fishing.
Some people think it is a little dirty with second hand clothes. But do they have the same feeling about laying between the sheets in a luxury hotel?post #51313 of 787215/19/13 at 9:15ampost #51314 of 787215/19/13 at 9:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Hampton
Those are Ray Bans right?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yep, clubmasters.post #51315 of 787215/19/13 at 9:38amQuote:
Its good to see that no one is immune from your minute tailoring recommendations.
The jeans are fine. The SC is off though - buttoning point is too way low. It's probably too long as well but unfortunately you can't do anything about that because it would exacerbate the first problem.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 41 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › RL Black Label to merge with Purple Label 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 16 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...