Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3421
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51302 of 787195/19/13 at 6:38ampost #51303 of 787195/19/13 at 6:41ampost #51304 of 787195/19/13 at 7:16ampost #51305 of 787195/19/13 at 7:17amQuote:
Albert I never considered thrifting until you came along.post #51306 of 787195/19/13 at 7:38amQuote:
Outstanding!post #51307 of 787195/19/13 at 8:07ampost #51308 of 787195/19/13 at 8:15ampost #51309 of 787195/19/13 at 8:20ampost #51310 of 787195/19/13 at 8:29ampost #51311 of 787195/19/13 at 8:35amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
The jacket's not bad, possibly a touch too short and ever so slightly too wide in the shoulders (although the latter is fine if intended - it's supposed to give a striking silhouette after all). I don't think it's too big - and I'm wondering why it's gaping so wide in the quarters - but it does look a touch boxy. Your shirt doesn't fit you at all; too big all over (I often have this problem with standard fits, even as a fatty, because my collar size is big); either get it taken in to fit you, or just buy a "slim fit" in the same collar size.. The trousers are too long; get them taken up at least an inch. Don't forget a cummerbund or waistcoat. And I don't like your shoes.
Apart from that you look lovely.
Thanks for your reply. It's a new tux. The pants came pre-hemmed with a special taping attached to the inside hem, not sure what that was. It didn't come with a matching waistcoat, which I would have preferred.
It's size 52. I should have tried 50 but the salesguy pinned me at 52, made me try it on, said it fit, and was in such total control of the situation I didn't ask to try on size 50. 52 felt very comfortable, to be fair. The pants fit but not snugly like I prefer. I don't need to wear braces but it helps a lot with keeping the pants at one level on my waist.
The shirt's a disaster I know. It's size 43. its a sack. 41 fits me perfectly in the shoulders but its asphyxiation in the neck. 42 and 43 are pretty much the same in the shoulders but 43 is more comfortable neck wise. Shirt needs a date with the tailor, I know.
Don't talk about the shoes! :) I don't have proper black-tie footwear. Those oxfords will have to do :(
Thanks again for your suggestions.
You are correct, of course. but the Tailors Thread is dead on a saturday evening. :) plus yesterday I really could not find it when I scrolled through. Wouldn't normally post this here. my apologies.post #51312 of 787195/19/13 at 8:55am
Thrifting is a very fascinating sport. It´s like hunting, fishing or gold digging. It cost time, not money. And you need a good dry cleaner and a taylor for minor adjustments. But if you can find taylor made suits or so called premium brand garments for $1, $10, $50 instead of $1.000 - $5.000 you can easily afford the taylor. Good luck in fishing.
Some people think it is a little dirty with second hand clothes. But do they have the same feeling about laying between the sheets in a luxury hotel?post #51313 of 787195/19/13 at 9:15ampost #51314 of 787195/19/13 at 9:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Hampton
Those are Ray Bans right?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yep, clubmasters.post #51315 of 787195/19/13 at 9:38amQuote:
Its good to see that no one is immune from your minute tailoring recommendations.
The jeans are fine. The SC is off though - buttoning point is too way low. It's probably too long as well but unfortunately you can't do anything about that because it would exacerbate the first problem.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 1 minute ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 8 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 17 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 19 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.