Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3406post #51076 of 787235/14/13 at 9:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51077 of 787235/14/13 at 9:13am
Perfect, will look that cardigan up from Zara.Quote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
Chilly start to the day - thanks for the thumbs yesterday
Tie: Henry Carter Navy floral 7 fold
Shoes: Carminapost #51078 of 787235/14/13 at 9:39amQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
I understand the criticism and agree that the patterns are quite similar - one is plaid and the other is plaid too. Obviously, this was not done by accident
Now, whether using two patterns separated by a vast expanse of blue and light blue is "terribly busy" is probably debatable. It's certainly a bit more peacocky than my typical CBD outfits - also a reason I wanted to share with my fellow SFers who are used to a bit more sober fits on me.
i enjoyed the "dandy" gdl fit.post #51079 of 787235/14/13 at 10:24ampost #51080 of 787235/14/13 at 10:24ampost #51081 of 787235/14/13 at 11:25ampost #51082 of 787235/14/13 at 11:44ampost #51083 of 787235/14/13 at 11:51ampost #51084 of 787235/14/13 at 12:07pmpost #51085 of 787235/14/13 at 12:25pmMichaelyork it is very hard not to be biased by the lack of shoes and the quality of the photos, but the tux definately looks a size too big at least in the body. And lose the shirt. Also too big and too baggy. On another note this thread is what you are wearing, not what you plan to wear - there are plenty of fit critique threadspost #51086 of 787235/14/13 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by michaelyork
I was planning on wearing this tuxedo tonight and getting the pants altered this afternoon.
Can you experts please advise me--is the fit alright on this? Or is it too large?
Any advice gratefully appreciated! Please excuse the lack of wingtip shirt, bowtie, proper tux shoes, etc.
are you a photographer?
also, please put on shoes or crop the bottom. i dont wanna see yo nasty feetz.post #51087 of 787235/14/13 at 12:44pmpost #51088 of 787235/14/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by steffenbp11
Michaelyork it is very hard not to be biased by the lack of shoes and the quality of the photos, but the tux definately looks a size too big at least in the body. And lose the shirt. Also too big and too baggy. On another note this thread is what you are wearing, not what you plan to wear - there are plenty of fit critique threads
Thanks for the reply. I have tux shoes and a proper wingtip shirt and silk black bowtie ready to go. just wanted feedback on the fit of the tux itself.
which is the fit critique thread? there is some for non-formal clothes, where is the one for formal clothes?
not sure what this has to do with anything, but no i am not a photographer, if you cant tell already. no its not a wedding i'm going to where i will be the photographer if thats what you are asking. can you please clarify your question?post #51089 of 787235/14/13 at 1:12pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › How many miles did you run today? 53 seconds ago
- › 9 pocket squares 53 seconds ago
- › Francesco Serraiocco nine fold tie 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › NWT $700 RLPL "Madison" Cream Spring/Summer Lightweight Flat Front... 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › LVC Menlo Leather Jacket - Tan - M - BNWT Levis Vintage Clothing 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)