or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3404

post #51046 of 75894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Elfo View Post

 

In my opinion, the jacket is, at least, 2 inches too short and those shoulders are a bit wider than what I could picture as flattering for you. The first picture shows a short front balance, but that could not be there in fact. Also, do not make those trousers slimmer! They're tight in your hips (the gapping pockets are the evidence) as is, let some out there.

 I actually wanted to shorten the jacket for 1 cm.. The shoulders are to be fitted, the fillings need to be so to say fixed/ cut. I have problematic legs, my quads are enormous and this last month I am even skipping leg days in the gym but.. I want to tighten them a bit starting from below the behind to the knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post


I am confused by the shoulders. Without the jacket it looks like you have fairly normal shoulders. Not sloping, but not Kevin McHale square. Why is this jacket both sitting well beyond the width of your shoulders and completely squared off and then higher? This looks like a bespoke fitting so did you ask the tailor to do this?

As I said, the shoulders are to be fitted. I have one more tryout and then everything will be done. I am not sure what they are called but I have fillings in the shoulder and they are to be fitted better so I think that's why you all find the shoulders a bit odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

 

For my tastes, the jacket length is quite short, given that the shoulders are pretty broad/strong. I think a little extra length would make it look nicer. However, that's personal choice not absolute fit advice. On that latter, it's difficult to tell, but it generally looks good except that I would double-check that when the jacket is sitting normally (ie you're not taking a photo), the lower front halves of the jacket aren't overlapping too much (possibly because of a slightly narrow chest?). As I say, it's marginal in the photo, and could simply be postural rather than real.

 

 

 

 

 

There must be something wrong with me since I actually think the jacket is a bit long :D Here are some more photos:

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

As you can see, there is still work needed in the shoulder section and the collar is yet to be made.

post #51047 of 75894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champy View Post

There must be something wrong with me since I actually think the jacket is a bit long :D Here are some more photos:

 

Glad that you said it cause, yes, there might be something wrong cause the jacket doesn't look short, it's short. Measure it. 

post #51048 of 75894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champy View Post

 I actually wanted to shorten the jacket for 1 cm.. The shoulders are to be fitted, the fillings need to be so to say fixed/ cut. I have problematic legs, my quads are enormous and this last month I am even skipping leg days in the gym but.. I want to tighten them a bit starting from below the behind to the knees.

 

Do not shorten the jacket, it's already quite a bit short, in my opinion. I'll not comment on the shoulder line as the tailor's style is very far from my taste, but bringing them in a bit would suit you better, in my opinion. Btw, the sleeve seems to need some rotating, but those pictures are not very good.

Regarding the trousers, tightening them will not resolve the problem, as your diagnosis is wrong, in my opinion, they suffer from long back balance and no leg opening in this world will solve this problem.

Did your tailor mention some of those alterations?

post #51049 of 75894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Elfo View Post

 

Do not shorten the jacket, it's already quite a bit short, in my opinion. I'll not comment on the shoulder line as the tailor's style is very far from my taste, but bringing them in a bit would suit you better, in my opinion. Btw, the sleeve seems to need some rotating, but those pictures are not very good.

Regarding the trousers, tightening them will not resolve the problem, as your diagnosis is wrong, in my opinion, they suffer from long back balance and no leg opening in this world will solve this problem.

Did your tailor mention some of those alterations?


The jacket length will remain the same. Yes, the shoulder will definitely be brought in and they are not in the so to say final stage. I will post more photos of the shoulders, sleeves and the overall jacket when it fully done for you all to check it out and tell me what you think. As for the trousers, I am not sure I fully understand you but the tailor did mention there will be some alterations to them.

post #51050 of 75894

Lighten up a little guys I was just taking the piss..

post #51051 of 75894
Chilly start to the day - thanks for the thumbs yesterday







Coat: Herringbone
Shirt: Cottonwork
Cardi: Zara
Tie: Henry Carter Navy floral 7 fold
Trousers: HY
Shoes: Carmina
post #51052 of 75894



Brunello
J. Crew
Man Fur
Hermes
Trafalgar
J. Crew
Alden shell
post #51053 of 75894
HC - nice colors, but i would have guesses the jacket to be part of a suit.

Spoo - nice casual look, would like it better without a jacket, or with a sweater. just my 2 cents.
post #51054 of 75894
Nice shoes, Spoo.
post #51055 of 75894
Back to work on a semi-regular basis. This was today. It was cold again here.

photo IMG_1907_zpse8a2f586.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
photo IMG_1908_zps5987b67b.jpgphoto IMG_1909_zps77ca62b2.jpg
HF custom (for someone else; it's secondhand)
British Textiles (by Ascot Chang)
Some bespoke Neapolitain tiemaker I can't recall -- again, secondhand
Square unknown; silk
Trafalgar
Corneliani
Pantherella
Alden for Peal
post #51056 of 75894
maybe pants could use a bit of a shortening? combo is great though!
post #51057 of 75894
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

maybe pants could use a bit of a shortening? combo is great though!

Many of my pants are, indeed, too long for SF tastes. These in particular are less so. What they are is caught on the tops/backs of the shoes. baldy[1].gif
post #51058 of 75894
i hate when that happens in my pics. solidarity. ffffuuuu.gif
post #51059 of 75894

Gotta hand it to u guise- GMMcL, Spoo, HC some very nice fits here.

 

Opinions about chocolate and caramel/Sienna together appreciated-  too close?. 

Hober, Drakes, Vass - the usual suspects. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #51060 of 75894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

Opinions about chocolate and caramel/Sienna together appreciated-  too close?. 

 

 

I don't think there's any problem with colour contrast.  But as they're both solid, I kind of wish the jacket was a windowpane or something.  Pleasant overall, though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III