Details on the tie as well. Killer tie. Awesome!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3397post #50941 of 787225/10/13 at 9:39am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50942 of 787225/10/13 at 9:40ampost #50943 of 787225/10/13 at 10:32ampost #50944 of 787225/10/13 at 10:59ampost #50945 of 787225/10/13 at 11:11ampost #50946 of 787225/10/13 at 11:29amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Today's fit is a tale of two suits. The first is a seersucker suit that I picked up some time ago at Joseph A. Bank – my first foray into seersucker, and hedging my bets, I opted for low price on a garment that I was uncertain that I'd want to own.
The second is a seersucker suit from Brooks, my most recent purchase. I've taken pictures of both suits, with the same accessories, to see the difference in style and fit. The Brooks is obviously a superior fit, and I'm much happier wearing it.
As it happens, this is also the first day this year that the weather warrants the wearing of such a warm-weather fabric, and, in keeping with the rather retro nature of seersucker, it's also the opening day for Baz Luhrmann's movie version of “The Great Gatsby”. With this in mind, I've broken a rule or two with regard to seersucker – I'm wearing a double-cuffed shirt with a pin collar, and I'm uncertain whether my choice of socks is kosher under any form of sartorial rules. The first I did for pure “retro”, the second for personal caprice.
So be it.
Suit – BB or JAB
Shirt – Tyrwhitt
Tie – BB
Collar pin – PRL
Cufflinks – Metropolitan Museum of Art
Shoes – C & J Maltons
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
First off the BB outfit looks great (love the tie and shoes). Second, this is actually a really valuable illustration regarding JAB versus BB (and many others). I have only one item from JAB, an online impulse buy tweed jacket that was marked down 90%. The fit has exactly the same issues of overbuilt shoulders and overly large arms that I see with your suit. I ended up taking it back and going down two sizes, had it altered twice (by first their tailor and then mine) and it still looks too bulky in the shoulders and, as a result, I don't wear it and, even at the clear-out price, it was a waste of money. You get what you pay for, I suppose.post #50947 of 787225/10/13 at 12:41pmpost #50948 of 787225/10/13 at 1:58pmpost #50949 of 787225/10/13 at 2:17pmpost #50950 of 787225/10/13 at 2:55pmpost #50951 of 787225/10/13 at 2:59pmpost #50952 of 787225/10/13 at 3:04pmpost #50953 of 787225/10/13 at 3:08pm
Thanks. Already answered the trouser question upthread, but the tie's Attolini. I can't remember the fabric exactly but I think either a silk/linen or silk/cotton blend.
Got to say, this week's contest brought out some really fun vibrant, if somewhat off-the-wall, looks. Nice work!post #50954 of 787225/10/13 at 3:09pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 2 minutes ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › You learn how to maintain your 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 17 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...