Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3395post #50911 of 787215/9/13 at 6:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50912 of 787215/9/13 at 7:53pmpost #50913 of 787215/9/13 at 7:56pmpost #50914 of 787215/9/13 at 8:12pmpost #50915 of 787215/9/13 at 8:21pmpost #50916 of 787215/9/13 at 8:58pmpost #50917 of 787215/9/13 at 10:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I thght i was looking at a pensive young Jerry Sienfeld for a sec
Southern Style- that sweater's just not Cricket man. Otherwise, keep it up, your fits are audacious, and fun.
TTO killing itpost #50918 of 787215/10/13 at 12:20am
I would love to wear this. Very well done!Quote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
Browns and blues today
Coat: Herringbone Navy Hopsack
Shirt: Cottonwork chambray/denim
Tie: Henry Carter Chocolate Cashmere knit tie
Trousers: HY Lambswool
PS: None!post #50919 of 787215/10/13 at 12:23ampost #50920 of 787215/10/13 at 12:25ampost #50921 of 787215/10/13 at 12:26ampost #50922 of 787215/10/13 at 12:30am
Casual day at the office, an almost empty office. All wrinkled up intentionally. It also reflects my mood as a father of two. Our son Edward was born about two weeks ago.
Jacket is a Gant cotton. Dark cream would probably be the best way to describe it.
Shirt The Shirt Factory. Well worn for almost 15 years.
Blue grenadine from New & Lingwood
PS John Henric
Trousers (not as slim as I usually sport) PRL.
Cordo Tassels from Alden.post #50923 of 787215/10/13 at 3:48amToday's fit is a tale of two suits. The first is a seersucker suit that I picked up some time ago at Joseph A. Bank – my first foray into seersucker, and hedging my bets, I opted for low price on a garment that I was uncertain that I'd want to own.
The second is a seersucker suit from Brooks, my most recent purchase. I've taken pictures of both suits, with the same accessories, to see the difference in style and fit. The Brooks is obviously a superior fit, and I'm much happier wearing it.
As it happens, this is also the first day this year that the weather warrants the wearing of such a warm-weather fabric, and, in keeping with the rather retro nature of seersucker, it's also the opening day for Baz Luhrmann's movie version of “The Great Gatsby”. With this in mind, I've broken a rule or two with regard to seersucker – I'm wearing a double-cuffed shirt with a pin collar, and I'm uncertain whether my choice of socks is kosher under any form of sartorial rules. The first I did for pure “retro”, the second for personal caprice.
So be it.
Suit – BB or JAB
Shirt – Tyrwhitt
Tie – BB
Collar pin – PRL
Cufflinks – Metropolitan Museum of Art
Shoes – C & J Maltons
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by upr_crust - 5/10/13 at 6:12ampost #50924 of 787215/10/13 at 4:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Today's fit is an early banker pic for the contest (if that's allowed), as the forecast isn't great for tomorrow and I'm not generally fond of bright tropical/colourful stuff when it's not sunny. Mind you, this afternoon end up being wet & windy anyway, despite a sunny start to the day, and I survived, so we'll see what tomorrow brings...
Details on the pants?post #50925 of 787215/10/13 at 4:25amQuote:
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 30 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Robert Geller Black Leather Jazz Style Lace Ups Size 10 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 10 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 10 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015