Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3395post #50911 of 787195/9/13 at 6:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50912 of 787195/9/13 at 7:53pmpost #50913 of 787195/9/13 at 7:56pmpost #50914 of 787195/9/13 at 8:12pmpost #50915 of 787195/9/13 at 8:21pmpost #50916 of 787195/9/13 at 8:58pmpost #50917 of 787195/9/13 at 10:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I thght i was looking at a pensive young Jerry Sienfeld for a sec
Southern Style- that sweater's just not Cricket man. Otherwise, keep it up, your fits are audacious, and fun.
TTO killing itpost #50918 of 787195/10/13 at 12:20am
I would love to wear this. Very well done!Quote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
Browns and blues today
Coat: Herringbone Navy Hopsack
Shirt: Cottonwork chambray/denim
Tie: Henry Carter Chocolate Cashmere knit tie
Trousers: HY Lambswool
PS: None!post #50919 of 787195/10/13 at 12:23ampost #50920 of 787195/10/13 at 12:25ampost #50921 of 787195/10/13 at 12:26ampost #50922 of 787195/10/13 at 12:30am
Casual day at the office, an almost empty office. All wrinkled up intentionally. It also reflects my mood as a father of two. Our son Edward was born about two weeks ago.
Jacket is a Gant cotton. Dark cream would probably be the best way to describe it.
Shirt The Shirt Factory. Well worn for almost 15 years.
Blue grenadine from New & Lingwood
PS John Henric
Trousers (not as slim as I usually sport) PRL.
Cordo Tassels from Alden.post #50923 of 787195/10/13 at 3:48amToday's fit is a tale of two suits. The first is a seersucker suit that I picked up some time ago at Joseph A. Bank – my first foray into seersucker, and hedging my bets, I opted for low price on a garment that I was uncertain that I'd want to own.
The second is a seersucker suit from Brooks, my most recent purchase. I've taken pictures of both suits, with the same accessories, to see the difference in style and fit. The Brooks is obviously a superior fit, and I'm much happier wearing it.
As it happens, this is also the first day this year that the weather warrants the wearing of such a warm-weather fabric, and, in keeping with the rather retro nature of seersucker, it's also the opening day for Baz Luhrmann's movie version of “The Great Gatsby”. With this in mind, I've broken a rule or two with regard to seersucker – I'm wearing a double-cuffed shirt with a pin collar, and I'm uncertain whether my choice of socks is kosher under any form of sartorial rules. The first I did for pure “retro”, the second for personal caprice.
So be it.
Suit – BB or JAB
Shirt – Tyrwhitt
Tie – BB
Collar pin – PRL
Cufflinks – Metropolitan Museum of Art
Shoes – C & J Maltons
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by upr_crust - 5/10/13 at 6:12ampost #50924 of 787195/10/13 at 4:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Today's fit is an early banker pic for the contest (if that's allowed), as the forecast isn't great for tomorrow and I'm not generally fond of bright tropical/colourful stuff when it's not sunny. Mind you, this afternoon end up being wet & windy anyway, despite a sunny start to the day, and I survived, so we'll see what tomorrow brings...
Details on the pants?post #50925 of 787195/10/13 at 4:25amQuote:
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling 9.5E UK 10D US MH71 Gable Vintage Oak 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...