Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3391post #50851 of 787175/8/13 at 11:32pmpost #50852 of 787175/9/13 at 12:29ampost #50853 of 787175/9/13 at 1:51amQuote:...
Coat: Herringbone Navy Hopsack
Shirt: Cottonwork chambray/denim
Tie: Henry Carter Chocolate Cashmere knit tie
Trousers: HY Lambswool
Not feeling the shirt with the rest at all. Sorry. I am all for subverting conventions but this just looks like you ran out of dress shirts. A very rare miss from you because your fits are amongst the most consistenty on-point here.post #50854 of 787175/9/13 at 2:04ampost #50855 of 787175/9/13 at 2:47ampost #50856 of 787175/9/13 at 3:02ampost #50857 of 787175/9/13 at 4:18amQuote:
Agreed on all points. No love lost, HC, like you said, everyone has a miss sometimes.Quote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Underexposed pics... this PS is much more lively IRL. It's a winter PS (silk/wool) but the colors make it work in spring IMO.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Seersucker!Quote:Originally Posted by LilacCords
Rocking some CBD...kinda. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
See now, CBD can look good! Only thing I'd tweak would be the PS--it stands out in a bad way on this outfit. Something more sedate--ideally white linen--would be better.post #50858 of 787175/9/13 at 4:26amIt's still threatening rain, but not with the vehemence of yesterday, so I've dressed a bit more formally today. By tomorrow it will be highs of 26C/79F - ready for some very summer-y attire indeed.
Suit & tie - BB
Shirt - Dunhill
Cufflinks - London Badge & Button Co.
Shoes - New & Lingwood
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #50859 of 787175/9/13 at 4:38am
RD: very summery - looks like you're off seducing rich widows on a cruise liner!
Lilac that is one awesome whistle. Love the roped shoulders and the big lapels...great fit!
Crusty, you look great - and why don't all weather people give the forecast like that? I would definitely pay more attention!post #50860 of 787175/9/13 at 4:41ampost #50861 of 787175/9/13 at 5:26am
I actually have some doubts on this jacket being real seersucker, but I've only seen the real thing on fabric swatches, so I'm not sure. Only time will tell I guess, if the wrinkly texture fades away... not that I care much, because it's extremely lightweight and comfortable for warm weather - I wouldn't mind if it was just a bengal stripe.post #50862 of 787175/9/13 at 5:29ampost #50863 of 787175/9/13 at 5:56ampost #50864 of 787175/9/13 at 6:20amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
I actually have some doubts on this jacket being real seersucker, but I've only seen the real thing on fabric swatches, so I'm not sure. Only time will tell I guess, if the wrinkly texture fades away... not that I care much, because it's extremely lightweight and comfortable for warm weather - I wouldn't mind if it was just a bengal stripe.
The wrinkly texture is the point--that's basically what seersucker is. Otherwise, like you said, it'd just be a bengal stripe.
I love seersucker. I'll have to have a seersucker jacket made one of these days.post #50865 of 787175/9/13 at 6:27amQuote:
Yep, and this one does have that texture, but I'm not sure if it's seersucker or just treated cotton, probably because I really haven't seen much seersucker stuff IRL. Next time I'm at my tailor I will compare it with the seersucker in the H&S swatch books. I really like it, though. Feels much cooler than linen, in fact I must be some kind of weirdo because I sweat less in cotton shirts than linen shirts.
I was going to have it made, but my tailor would make it too structured and overall warmer, so went with RTW this time. Feels like wearing two shirts, rather than a shirt and a jacket.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Beautiful Fall/Winter Wool Ties 39 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 14 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...