Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3386post #50776 of 787215/7/13 at 1:30pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50777 of 787215/7/13 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by aravenel
Hahaha yeah. The guys working at SS are wearing the suits too "Fashion" (at least the ones at the New York store are...). The suits themselves, I'm actually quite impressed with. Almost bought a SC there the other day but it was just too similar to something else I had. And I've been very impressed with some of the SS fits I've seen around here.
Suit Supply would be really great if they didn't insist on functional cuffs. I will never be a customer because I can't shorten the sleeves.post #50778 of 787215/7/13 at 1:31pmpost #50779 of 787215/7/13 at 1:48pmQuote:
Yeah, that too. That's my biggest knock against them.
You can shorten the sleeves, you just have to take them in from the sleevehead--which is at least $100. So you have to factor that into the cost.
I really don't understand that either.post #50780 of 787215/7/13 at 1:49pmpost #50781 of 787215/7/13 at 1:52pmQuote:Quote:
ime, shortening from the sleeve head can totally throw off the pitch of the sleeve and the "elbow bend." rendering the jacket even more useless. do they not leave a few inches at the end of the sleeve to shorten it? if not, that sucks.
YOU CAN DO EEET!post #50782 of 787215/7/13 at 1:59pm
@HF - All around amazing. And I'm not just saying that because of the brown tie (though that's probably a factor)
@MRocks - Thumbed for the story
That Tom Miler series of pictures has to be one of the most reposted in this thread lately.post #50783 of 787215/7/13 at 2:20pmQuote:
Good point. The problem is they all come with functional buttonholes, so you can't really change the sleeve length much--there are literal holes in the sleeve.post #50784 of 787215/7/13 at 2:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by bernoulli
MisterFu, you are probably gonna hate my attire for today then. Just a short meeting with my research assistant in my new office in the most expensive real state in Latin America (crazy that an academic institution would do something like that, even though it is a Business School). Short sleeves were actually expected and he commented on how overdressed I was (but in jest).
Ventless jacket (WW Chan). Slacks are dark olive, shoes are grey. Can't help using this jacket more than others.
On the contrary, I quite like this setup (nifty jacket). This doesn't need a tie. 3 piece suit needs a tie .post #50785 of 787215/7/13 at 2:50pmpost #50786 of 787215/7/13 at 3:06pmnice pic, sugar bear.Quote:
i understand what buttonholes are.
but often when they do that on RTW, they set them back an inch or two. if they are doing that RTW, close to the end, that is pretty silly imo.post #50787 of 787215/7/13 at 3:17pmQuote:
There is about 1/2" you can play with before it would look bad. The one I tried on in 38s would need to have the sleeve shortened to the second button. It's a shame because they are great jackets for the price.post #50788 of 787215/7/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
1/2 inch?! that is super lame. really a shame as they are a great deal.post #50789 of 787215/7/13 at 3:48pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 6 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 9 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 16 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...