Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3386post #50776 of 787195/7/13 at 1:30pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50777 of 787195/7/13 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by aravenel
Hahaha yeah. The guys working at SS are wearing the suits too "Fashion" (at least the ones at the New York store are...). The suits themselves, I'm actually quite impressed with. Almost bought a SC there the other day but it was just too similar to something else I had. And I've been very impressed with some of the SS fits I've seen around here.
Suit Supply would be really great if they didn't insist on functional cuffs. I will never be a customer because I can't shorten the sleeves.post #50778 of 787195/7/13 at 1:31pmpost #50779 of 787195/7/13 at 1:48pmQuote:
Yeah, that too. That's my biggest knock against them.
You can shorten the sleeves, you just have to take them in from the sleevehead--which is at least $100. So you have to factor that into the cost.
I really don't understand that either.post #50780 of 787195/7/13 at 1:49pmpost #50781 of 787195/7/13 at 1:52pmQuote:Quote:
ime, shortening from the sleeve head can totally throw off the pitch of the sleeve and the "elbow bend." rendering the jacket even more useless. do they not leave a few inches at the end of the sleeve to shorten it? if not, that sucks.
YOU CAN DO EEET!post #50782 of 787195/7/13 at 1:59pm
@HF - All around amazing. And I'm not just saying that because of the brown tie (though that's probably a factor)
@MRocks - Thumbed for the story
That Tom Miler series of pictures has to be one of the most reposted in this thread lately.post #50783 of 787195/7/13 at 2:20pmQuote:
Good point. The problem is they all come with functional buttonholes, so you can't really change the sleeve length much--there are literal holes in the sleeve.post #50784 of 787195/7/13 at 2:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by bernoulli
MisterFu, you are probably gonna hate my attire for today then. Just a short meeting with my research assistant in my new office in the most expensive real state in Latin America (crazy that an academic institution would do something like that, even though it is a Business School). Short sleeves were actually expected and he commented on how overdressed I was (but in jest).
Ventless jacket (WW Chan). Slacks are dark olive, shoes are grey. Can't help using this jacket more than others.
On the contrary, I quite like this setup (nifty jacket). This doesn't need a tie. 3 piece suit needs a tie .post #50785 of 787195/7/13 at 2:50pmpost #50786 of 787195/7/13 at 3:06pmnice pic, sugar bear.Quote:
i understand what buttonholes are.
but often when they do that on RTW, they set them back an inch or two. if they are doing that RTW, close to the end, that is pretty silly imo.post #50787 of 787195/7/13 at 3:17pmQuote:
There is about 1/2" you can play with before it would look bad. The one I tried on in 38s would need to have the sleeve shortened to the second button. It's a shame because they are great jackets for the price.post #50788 of 787195/7/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
1/2 inch?! that is super lame. really a shame as they are a great deal.post #50789 of 787195/7/13 at 3:48pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › things that are making you happy 50 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › ITT: We are in middle school again (or early-mid 90s appreciation... 2 minutes ago
- › Florsheim vs. Allen Edmond 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Adidas Horween Veg Tanned Leather Stan Smith 10.5 New 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.