Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3384
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50747 of 787225/7/13 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
*To bring this full circle, I also love brown ties.
*Derk, did you match your shoes to the tie?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not feeling the striped shirt with this particular outfit but love the composition otherwise.post #50748 of 787225/7/13 at 7:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
*To bring this full circle, I also love brown ties.
*Derk, did you match your shoes to the tie? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i did not. plain jane brown captoes.
The only gripe i have on this is the jacket and trous look too close.if the pents were lighter, i think it may work better.
again, just my opinion, and its REALLY nit picky.post #50749 of 787225/7/13 at 8:21ampost #50750 of 787225/7/13 at 8:43ampost #50751 of 787225/7/13 at 8:48ampost #50752 of 787225/7/13 at 8:55amI missed this when it was first posted.
Outstanding.Quote:Originally Posted by Tom Miler
Today's three-piece suit. Pants are a bit uncommon because they almost reach my navel. A lot of people laugh that it is almost Fred Astaire's style but I like it that way because they hide my belly I also had the suspender buttons put on the outside. In the back it prevents the buttons being pressed into my flesh when driving.
Since I've been lifting weights for years, my shoulders are quite large and I use pleats on the back of the shirt to be able to extend my arms easily. The lower back of the shirt is also adjusted to my body architecture.
Below a full view with vest and jacket. The jacket has 3 buttons and diagonal pockets. There are no vents in order to make it better fitted around my hips (this is a bit uncomfy though).
Here you see the lapels on the vest and on the jacket. It's all herringbone!
Pictures: Katarzyna Łukowicz
Suit: Krupa & Rzeszutko tailoring in Poznań, Polandpost #50753 of 787225/7/13 at 8:58ampost #50754 of 787225/7/13 at 9:01amWho else thinks it was better when we could post comments to individual posts on the WAYWRN thread?
Personally, I think it is so much better to have all the comments on a particular original post be located in one place, rather than spread all over the thread in subsequent posts.post #50755 of 787225/7/13 at 9:14am
Me? I'm definitely no Foo-worshipper, though his posts are usually entertaining for one reason or another. I've yet to see a matching tie/PS that didn't look like a castoff from Men's Wearhouse.
Or maybe I just totally missed where you were going herepost #50756 of 787225/7/13 at 9:15ampost #50757 of 787225/7/13 at 9:15am
There was a thread somewhere, started by mensimageconsultant, basically questioning the versatility of brown ties. I was absolutely mystified by this. I wear brown as much as blues and probably more than burgundies. I love brown ties. They look good on you, me, and probably anyone else that likes blue in their jackets.
I happen to be on the brown-tie-bandwagon today. I don't think they're the most versatile of colours (that would be navy), but brown is still pretty easy to work into many outfits. I will say this though: a brown tie feels very continental to me, in a louche/laid-back (depending on your perspective) sort of way. It certainly doesn't feel very "proper" (or even particularly formal at all) to me. Of course, that can be good sometimes. Like today's sunny day:
On a different note, I have to say that I feel that you've really come into your own style over recent weeks Clags. Not sure quite what's different, but what you're wearing seems more put together/integrated recently. Good stuff, consistently.post #50758 of 787225/7/13 at 9:18ampost #50759 of 787225/7/13 at 9:26am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › JOHN LOBB, JM WESTON, GAZIANO & GIRLING SHOE TREES PARADISE 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › ANTHONY CLEVERLEY 11.5 BIG Drop 10/24 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MTO Handmade pure (1000's) silver tie clip 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...