Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3381post #50701 of 787195/6/13 at 11:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50702 of 787195/6/13 at 11:41ampost #50703 of 787195/6/13 at 12:13pmpost #50704 of 787195/6/13 at 12:38pmpost #50705 of 787195/6/13 at 12:39pmpost #50706 of 787195/6/13 at 12:45pmpost #50707 of 787195/6/13 at 12:51pmpost #50708 of 787195/6/13 at 12:51pmpost #50709 of 787195/6/13 at 12:53pmpost #50710 of 787195/6/13 at 12:55pmpost #50711 of 787195/6/13 at 1:30pmpost #50712 of 787195/6/13 at 2:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tom Miler
Today's three-piece suit. Pants are a bit uncommon because they almost reach my navel. A lot of people laugh that it is almost Fred Astaire's style but I like it that way because they hide my belly I also had the suspender buttons put on the outside. In the back it prevents the buttons being pressed into my flesh when driving.
Since I've been lifting weights for years, my shoulders are quite large and I use pleats on the back of the shirt to be able to extend my arms easily. The lower back of the shirt is also adjusted to my body architecture.
Below a full view with vest and jacket. The jacket has 3 buttons and diagonal pockets. There are no vents in order to make it better fitted around my hips (this is a bit uncomfy though).
Here you see the lapels on the vest and on the jacket. It's all herringbone!
Pictures: Katarzyna Łukowicz
Suit: Krupa & Rzeszutko tailoring in Poznań, Poland
I love this!post #50713 of 787195/6/13 at 2:27pmQuote:These are the holidays in England and Wales. Scotland and northern Ireland have different ones; I believe that Scotland has 8 and northern Ireland 9.Originally Posted by Holdfast
8 national holidays a year (most years; last year there was 1 extra for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, year before there was an extra 1 for William & Kate's wedding). They're New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, 1st & last Mondays in May, last Mon in Aug, Xmas Day, and Boxing Day. If either 25 or 26 Dec falls on a weekend, the following Monday (+/- Tues) is the day off. They're called Bank Holidays but don't just apply to banks. As you can see, spring has a whole run of them in a short space of time, which is fun. Most people have the day off on them, or if they choose/have to work, frequently get a day in lieu or double pay, or some other perk.post #50714 of 787195/6/13 at 2:50pm
With a tie like that, I think you have two options - blue blazer or blue suit. I don't see the bright orange jibing with anything other than a blue.
Another element is that a repp with at least one bright color is pretty instantly collegiate/preppy with a a subdued SC makes for a bit of a mixed metaphor.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1371 Active Users (302 Members and 1069 Guests)
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 33 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 35 seconds ago
- › Suit colors 42 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 48 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Caruso 42l SC 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for... 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...