Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3368post #50506 of 787215/1/13 at 4:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50507 of 787215/1/13 at 4:17pmpost #50508 of 787215/1/13 at 4:48pmpost #50509 of 787215/1/13 at 5:04pmpost #50510 of 787215/1/13 at 5:19pmpost #50511 of 787215/1/13 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by niidawg3Quote:
i think it looks great as is. sometimes we over criticize on WAYWRN. Not a personal attack JA ... i think sometimes the nitpicking gets TOO next level. This is a REALLY well put together outfit.
I agree it's not bad, but colour(s) of the tie doesn't go with the shoes AT ALL, and there are other colours that would work with that suit better. Do I think the fit is bad? No--I gave it a thumbs-up, but do I think a purple tie would be ten times better? Hells yeah.post #50512 of 787215/1/13 at 6:59pm
So..not one good review...although I knew the kit was off-kilter I was hoping for some positive feedback off some sort. All I know is is that Caustic will on wear this tie in private (not public ; ). BTW--I get it now with the tie being not right with the style of shirt...but I still contend it is a nice tie. I have a meeting on Tuesday and I want to wear that coat. I have some examples enclosed of some ideas of mine...but it all seems a bit off. Is it that the coat is just fucking gross and is incapable of being paired with a shirt and tie? BTW--the quality of pics suck..sorry about that.. but the idea gets across, I think...
here's the one that no one had anything nice to say about...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And here is another that bombed...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
here is one potential..
This shirt is light blue...you can see a bit of contrast with white PS just peaking out the right side..tie is green..
Very light pink shirt (so I am not "screaming" look at me)...tie is maroon with gold....
Here is close up of first one which I am partial to...
I am going to go with dark grey slacks....so there you have it. BTW--if all of these suck, give me an idea or two..I have 5 days to go find a shirt and tiepost #50513 of 787215/1/13 at 7:12pmpost #50514 of 787215/1/13 at 7:13pmpost #50515 of 787215/1/13 at 7:14pmpost #50516 of 787215/1/13 at 7:38pmpost #50517 of 787215/1/13 at 7:43pmpost #50518 of 787215/1/13 at 8:01pmpost #50519 of 787215/1/13 at 9:03pmQuote:
I'm going to hazard some advice since it seems hard to come by these days. It's hard to tell exactly what is going on because the picture is so small, but the thing that stands out about this outfit that really takes away from what it could have been is the shirt and the shoes. The shirt is too dark to offer much contrast and consequently the PS appears brighter and turns into the focal point. Again, it's hard to tell, but the shoes seem too dark for my taste. Paired with those trousers I might have gone with a bit of a lighter brown. On the plus side, everything seems to fit well. Trousers might be a bit long, but it's not catastrophic.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 5 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 6 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...