Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3368post #50506 of 787195/1/13 at 4:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50507 of 787195/1/13 at 4:17pmpost #50508 of 787195/1/13 at 4:48pmpost #50509 of 787195/1/13 at 5:04pmpost #50510 of 787195/1/13 at 5:19pmpost #50511 of 787195/1/13 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by niidawg3Quote:
i think it looks great as is. sometimes we over criticize on WAYWRN. Not a personal attack JA ... i think sometimes the nitpicking gets TOO next level. This is a REALLY well put together outfit.
I agree it's not bad, but colour(s) of the tie doesn't go with the shoes AT ALL, and there are other colours that would work with that suit better. Do I think the fit is bad? No--I gave it a thumbs-up, but do I think a purple tie would be ten times better? Hells yeah.post #50512 of 787195/1/13 at 6:59pm
So..not one good review...although I knew the kit was off-kilter I was hoping for some positive feedback off some sort. All I know is is that Caustic will on wear this tie in private (not public ; ). BTW--I get it now with the tie being not right with the style of shirt...but I still contend it is a nice tie. I have a meeting on Tuesday and I want to wear that coat. I have some examples enclosed of some ideas of mine...but it all seems a bit off. Is it that the coat is just fucking gross and is incapable of being paired with a shirt and tie? BTW--the quality of pics suck..sorry about that.. but the idea gets across, I think...
here's the one that no one had anything nice to say about...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And here is another that bombed...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
here is one potential..
This shirt is light blue...you can see a bit of contrast with white PS just peaking out the right side..tie is green..
Very light pink shirt (so I am not "screaming" look at me)...tie is maroon with gold....
Here is close up of first one which I am partial to...
I am going to go with dark grey slacks....so there you have it. BTW--if all of these suck, give me an idea or two..I have 5 days to go find a shirt and tiepost #50513 of 787195/1/13 at 7:12pmpost #50514 of 787195/1/13 at 7:13pmpost #50515 of 787195/1/13 at 7:14pmpost #50516 of 787195/1/13 at 7:38pmpost #50517 of 787195/1/13 at 7:43pmpost #50518 of 787195/1/13 at 8:01pmpost #50519 of 787195/1/13 at 9:03pmQuote:
I'm going to hazard some advice since it seems hard to come by these days. It's hard to tell exactly what is going on because the picture is so small, but the thing that stands out about this outfit that really takes away from what it could have been is the shirt and the shoes. The shirt is too dark to offer much contrast and consequently the PS appears brighter and turns into the focal point. Again, it's hard to tell, but the shoes seem too dark for my taste. Paired with those trousers I might have gone with a bit of a lighter brown. On the plus side, everything seems to fit well. Trousers might be a bit long, but it's not catastrophic.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 18 minutes ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...