But that thread is your natural home!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3368post #50506 of 787225/1/13 at 4:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50507 of 787225/1/13 at 4:01pmpost #50508 of 787225/1/13 at 4:17pmpost #50509 of 787225/1/13 at 4:48pmpost #50510 of 787225/1/13 at 5:04pmpost #50511 of 787225/1/13 at 5:19pmpost #50512 of 787225/1/13 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by niidawg3Quote:
i think it looks great as is. sometimes we over criticize on WAYWRN. Not a personal attack JA ... i think sometimes the nitpicking gets TOO next level. This is a REALLY well put together outfit.
I agree it's not bad, but colour(s) of the tie doesn't go with the shoes AT ALL, and there are other colours that would work with that suit better. Do I think the fit is bad? No--I gave it a thumbs-up, but do I think a purple tie would be ten times better? Hells yeah.post #50513 of 787225/1/13 at 6:59pm
So..not one good review...although I knew the kit was off-kilter I was hoping for some positive feedback off some sort. All I know is is that Caustic will on wear this tie in private (not public ; ). BTW--I get it now with the tie being not right with the style of shirt...but I still contend it is a nice tie. I have a meeting on Tuesday and I want to wear that coat. I have some examples enclosed of some ideas of mine...but it all seems a bit off. Is it that the coat is just fucking gross and is incapable of being paired with a shirt and tie? BTW--the quality of pics suck..sorry about that.. but the idea gets across, I think...
here's the one that no one had anything nice to say about...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And here is another that bombed...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
here is one potential..
This shirt is light blue...you can see a bit of contrast with white PS just peaking out the right side..tie is green..
Very light pink shirt (so I am not "screaming" look at me)...tie is maroon with gold....
Here is close up of first one which I am partial to...
I am going to go with dark grey slacks....so there you have it. BTW--if all of these suck, give me an idea or two..I have 5 days to go find a shirt and tiepost #50514 of 787225/1/13 at 7:12pmpost #50515 of 787225/1/13 at 7:13pmpost #50516 of 787225/1/13 at 7:14pmpost #50517 of 787225/1/13 at 7:38pmpost #50518 of 787225/1/13 at 7:43pmpost #50519 of 787225/1/13 at 8:01pmpost #50520 of 787225/1/13 at 9:03pmQuote:
I'm going to hazard some advice since it seems hard to come by these days. It's hard to tell exactly what is going on because the picture is so small, but the thing that stands out about this outfit that really takes away from what it could have been is the shirt and the shoes. The shirt is too dark to offer much contrast and consequently the PS appears brighter and turns into the focal point. Again, it's hard to tell, but the shoes seem too dark for my taste. Paired with those trousers I might have gone with a bit of a lighter brown. On the plus side, everything seems to fit well. Trousers might be a bit long, but it's not catastrophic.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Where can I buy these black boots? 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › $1200 John Lobb Calfskin Derbys (New Museum Gold) 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...