or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3366  

post #50476 of 78721
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

You're going to get stick for the belt, but I like leeriness every now & then, rock on! I'm less enamoured by the shirt. A shirt with blue content rather than red/pink would work better here IMO. Unless the monks are burgundy, in which case the shirt's OK but still not ideal I think.

actually, hard to tell from the pic...but the shirt is white with navy and orange stripe...no pink or red.

 

In taht case; love it! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post
That suit still amazes me, Holdfast. If I wanted to be picky I'd say wider lapels would look better, but it's great nonetheless. I might have asked this before, but is it custom? And if so, which fabric is that?


RTW Ferragamo. In an ideal world, I would agree that it would benefit from wider lapels and less/lower of a crossover. But it fit so well for a RTW item that I don't mind the more "uptight" look the narrow lapels and slightly high buttoning point create, and I really wanted a bold checked suit at the time, and the price was certainly right, so...

 

As for fabrics, I actually looked for a similarly bold check in the books at my tailor's the same day that I later found this suit on sale. I couldn't find a check this bold in his suit books then. Some jacketings were similar, but not stuff I'd be entirely happy getting trousers made from. Still, you might want to try some of the H&S books; I think they have quite a variety of grey plaids IIRC.

post #50477 of 78721

dinner at the university club in Providence last night...same jacket as "jolly Green Giant" post but changed everything else...not really sure of this combo either, but I feel I'm getting close

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #50478 of 78721
Shirt too casual for a tie, tie too bright for that colour shirt as well as suit...
post #50479 of 78721

I don't think the shirt is too casual for a tie. It's just too casual for THAT tie (although I'd never wear that tie in public anyway). Two shades lighter would be better IMO, as well. 

post #50480 of 78721
I think the real issue is the combination of fairly saturated green, pink, and yellow. Everything's shouting.
post #50481 of 78721
HoldFast, fantastic suit!
post #50482 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post


You're going to get stick for the belt, but I like leeriness every now & then, rock on! I'm less enamoured by the shirt. A shirt with blue content rather than red/pink would work better here IMO. Unless the monks are burgundy, in which case the shirt's OK but still not ideal I think.

 

 

Talking of leeriness, I've been feeling ill with a cold the past few days but have been working today so decided the best option was to wear something loud, thereby distracting attention away from my red & running nose! biggrin.gif

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

qVpV58b.jpg

 

 Cool suit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenbp11 View Post

That´s loud allright HF. But you pull it off rather well !

Finally warm enough here for outdoor photos:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 Nice combo! Love the tie! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #50483 of 78721
derek & HF - great looks. nice belt, derk.
--

from yesterday.

i think this is a mess, and the pants really need to be tapered so the crotch is not so absurdly low. it was raining so i didnt feel like wearing anything i didnt mind getting wet. not sure why im saying all this, or why im posting the pic either. oh well.



post #50484 of 78721

Are those dropcrotch trousers? Stitchy, you've been hanging around in SW&D too long. marchal.gif

post #50485 of 78721

How would tapering the pants raise the crotch? confused.gif

 

That rise looks like 4 inches too long...

post #50486 of 78721
Estitchy, do you and Derek agree to use the same shirt the same day? They look to me very similar haha. Nice jacket, estitchy!
post #50487 of 78721
Quote:

Originally Posted by southernstyle View Post

 

 

This would have looked nicer with, maybe, a solid purple, knit tie with black in it--or, something like that.

post #50488 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Estitchy, do you and Derek agree to use the same shirt the same day? They look to me very similar haha. Nice jacket, estitchy!

HA! we plan our fits together.

stitch...its not BAD, but its FAR from your norm.
post #50489 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

 

This would have looked nicer with, maybe, a solid purple, knit tie with black in it--or, something like that.

Very nice shirt, and I like the tie too

post #50490 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Are those dropcrotch trousers? Stitchy, you've been hanging around in SW&D too long. marchal.gif

laugh.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

How would tapering the pants raise the crotch? confused.gif
That rise looks like 4 inches too long...

i mean taper them in the inside of the thigh near the crotch to lessen the rise. taper was probably the wrong word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Estitchy, do you and Derek agree to use the same shirt the same day? They look to me very similar haha. Nice jacket, estitchy!

we do, right after we get out of bed together. eek.gifmwink[1].gifpeepwall[1].gifnod[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

HA! we plan our fits together.

stitch...its not BAD, but its FAR from your norm.

lol, thanks. but its pretty bad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III