Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3354
Styleforum Top Picks
Victor makes them look awesome though:
Spoo looks great today!
This reminds me of nothing so much as the divorce proceedings between Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Mickey's lawyer interviewed Minnie, then had a meeting with Mickey.
Lawyer: "You can't divorce Minnie on the grounds of insanity."
Mickey: "I didn't say that she was insane. I said that she was fucking Goofy."
What was wrong with Mickey? I don't see the problem...
BTW--is it weird that Goofy is a talking dog FRIEND of Mickey yet Pluto is a non-talking dog PET of Mickey? Seems very caste-like in nature...maybe there is a Disney-Pixar DPluto: Unchained in our future...
Annoyingly, the weather wasn't dry & sunny enough to wear the fit I really wanted to for today's challenge so instead I went with a more traditional one instead. Don't worry, you'll see the more flamboyant look some time this summer (it will be minus the red tie tho').
Anyway, my entry:
Things I learnt from the challenge:
- it was impossible to find a square that went well with all these elements. The starkness of the white shirt, combined with the brightness of the red tie, made any other visual counterpoint almost impossible to integrate. I gave up after trying about 3 squares and realising none of them looked good. Weirdly, worst of that lot was white linen. Anyway, no square seems best (or, least worst).
- I felt that I was back dressing up for school or as if I worked in some souless office. Didn't really like that effect, but the weather prevented me from wearing what I really wanted to, and this was the only practical look I could generate from the rest of the wardrobe. The challenge parameters would have been a lot easier to work into a summery look where the white shirt could have been used to complement lighter shades in both the trouser & jacket, instead of having to rely more on stark contrasts to create a look.
- I guess what the two points above highlight is that I found the white shirt + red tie combination to be a really difficult combination to integrate into my personal style, given the no-suit stipulation. If we'd been allowed suits, it would have been much easier. But then again, it's called a challenge for a reason! :)
Poasting for the friday challenge...
When I first got this jacket I was happy with the shoulder expression, but the more I look at it, the more I dislike the overall silhouette. Can't quite figure out what to do to make future commissions look better, perhaps it's just my body shape. I was thinking some more shoulder extension, leaner chest, less padding, fuller sleeves and more closed quarters, but I can't be sure about the results.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I actually think this is kind of great. I think trousers a little wide-ish like that look beautiful when they fall as well as those do. The shoulder looks nice in the long shot, but in the close-up it looks kind of rigid with the very drapey chest. Based on the other photos you've posted of it, I'd be happy with it -- but they're your clothes. The "Friday Challenge" elements of the fit take it down a notch, I think, and I'm a little wary of patterned trousers with navy blazers -- but that's probably just me.
Clags: TU for feedback...yeah...I do look like I'm hawking peas or something....let's say I wanted to keep jacket/slacks and the shoes--I had many favorable comments on the shoes--what color shirt? A blue check? Yellow? I have a purple gingham that fits well... thanks again..just trying to learn.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Furniture Projects - Refurbishing, Refinishing, Retasking, and... 44 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Vest over a blazer/suit as outerwear. Opinions? 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 12 minutes ago
- › Any thoughts on Loake Mulligan? 14 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 14 minutes ago
- › PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw