I am actually bottom heavy, and both the open quarters and the camera angle exaggerate it. Nice tailoring should be able to account for that. But even if I just look at the top part of the jacket, there's something I don't quite like. Can't figure out what it really is...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3351post #50251 of 787214/26/13 at 3:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50252 of 787214/26/13 at 3:14am
Yes, I remember your particular fixation on this!
Re. the shoulders, I'm wondering if as well as the slight extension, they might be a little too deep i.e. not sitting flush against the front of your shoulder. It could just be the way you're standing, but it doesn't seem to be lying too closely or evenly against the top of your torso, especially on your right, while the waist is clearly quite fitted.
I don't want to overblow this though - overall it's really quite nice. But you're right, if it's tailored it should be perfect. The extremely low standards of my own local tailors might be making me too tolerant!post #50253 of 787214/26/13 at 3:23am
Yeah, there's room at the top front, perhaps because I asked for a roomier chest. I shouldn't have done such a thing with MTM (bespoke would have been a different animal, as the excess could have been manipulated to drape gracefully). I think it would look better if the chest was leaner, and the shoulders wider (at the top of the armscye only - I'm not talking about point-to-point measurement).post #50254 of 787214/26/13 at 3:24ampost #50255 of 787214/26/13 at 3:40amX-post The Friday Challenge.
Today's attire was determined by the Friday Challenge here. The theme for today was "breaking rules" - at least the local ones over here. Requirements were for wearing a white shirt and a red tie with a sports jacket - extra violation points for black footwear. I've added the supreme sin of wearing navy blue odd trousers with my sports jacket - a big no-no over here as well.
Ironic to say, 99.9% of my colleagues, friends, and perfect strangers wouldn't notice the difference between my usual mode of attire, and this allegedly transgressive outfit. Whether that is because I'm always "transgressive", or that the "rules" of SF are too obscure to be followed, I leave to the discretion of the viewer.
Blazer & trousers - BB
Shirt - Ike Behar
Tie - PRL
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
PS - no name brand
Boots - Cheaney, via Harrod's
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #50256 of 787214/26/13 at 4:48amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Poasting for the friday challenge...
When I first got this jacket I was happy with the shoulder expression, but the more I look at it, the more I dislike the overall silhouette. Can't quite figure out what to do to make future commissions look better, perhaps it's just my body shape. I was thinking some more shoulder extension, leaner chest, less padding, fuller sleeves and more closed quarters, but I can't be sure about the results.
Diaz gotta agree - way below yr usual stellar fits. The silhouette is more morning-dress-at-Royal-Ascot than 2013 Madrid. The roped and pagoda'd shoulder is mannered; the baggy-legged plaid could be from my grandfather's closet; and worse still the black oxfords and white shirt shouldn't be in the same room with that beautiful summery Drakes? square.post #50257 of 787214/26/13 at 4:53ampost #50258 of 787214/26/13 at 4:59am
Thank you, Derek. I found them at Harrod's a couple of years ago - within hours of landing at Heathrow - and searched the town for anything better, for well over a week, and couldn't find their equal, so I bought them.post #50259 of 787214/26/13 at 5:01amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Yeah, there's room at the top front, perhaps because I asked for a roomier chest. I shouldn't have done such a thing with MTM (bespoke would have been a different animal, as the excess could have been manipulated to drape gracefully). I think it would look better if the chest was leaner, and the shoulders wider (at the top of the armscye only - I'm not talking about point-to-point measurement).
Diaz, I think the top half looks pretty good--its the bottom of the jacket that looks a bit strange IMO.
The only thing I can conclusively say I'd change is closing the quarters a wee bit. Don't go all the way, but they are Liverano-style open right now, and that isn't working for you. I also think the jacket may be a bit long, which could lend a bit to the "morning dress" look that Pliny mentioned. Beyond that... I don't really know what else to change I'm wondering if the button stance should be moved up a bit to add a bit more to the waist suppression, but I'm not surepost #50260 of 787214/26/13 at 5:01amQuote:
i love the jodhpur style. My dad has a bespoke pair that he's worn maybe a dozen times...he hates them...i love them. Ive hinted that he needs to donate them to mepost #50261 of 787214/26/13 at 5:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
Just noticed my pocket is damaged! On top of that the sunny weather of yesterday is gone, it's such a gloomy day. Luckily it's Friday!Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Lovely tie monkeyface!post #50262 of 787214/26/13 at 5:06ampost #50263 of 787214/26/13 at 5:08ampost #50264 of 787214/26/13 at 5:09am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 57 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Ann Demeulemeester Aniline Zip Boots, 42 EU (Fit 10 US) 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...