I am actually bottom heavy, and both the open quarters and the camera angle exaggerate it. Nice tailoring should be able to account for that. But even if I just look at the top part of the jacket, there's something I don't quite like. Can't figure out what it really is...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3351post #50251 of 787194/26/13 at 3:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50252 of 787194/26/13 at 3:14am
Yes, I remember your particular fixation on this!
Re. the shoulders, I'm wondering if as well as the slight extension, they might be a little too deep i.e. not sitting flush against the front of your shoulder. It could just be the way you're standing, but it doesn't seem to be lying too closely or evenly against the top of your torso, especially on your right, while the waist is clearly quite fitted.
I don't want to overblow this though - overall it's really quite nice. But you're right, if it's tailored it should be perfect. The extremely low standards of my own local tailors might be making me too tolerant!post #50253 of 787194/26/13 at 3:23am
Yeah, there's room at the top front, perhaps because I asked for a roomier chest. I shouldn't have done such a thing with MTM (bespoke would have been a different animal, as the excess could have been manipulated to drape gracefully). I think it would look better if the chest was leaner, and the shoulders wider (at the top of the armscye only - I'm not talking about point-to-point measurement).post #50254 of 787194/26/13 at 3:24ampost #50255 of 787194/26/13 at 3:40amX-post The Friday Challenge.
Today's attire was determined by the Friday Challenge here. The theme for today was "breaking rules" - at least the local ones over here. Requirements were for wearing a white shirt and a red tie with a sports jacket - extra violation points for black footwear. I've added the supreme sin of wearing navy blue odd trousers with my sports jacket - a big no-no over here as well.
Ironic to say, 99.9% of my colleagues, friends, and perfect strangers wouldn't notice the difference between my usual mode of attire, and this allegedly transgressive outfit. Whether that is because I'm always "transgressive", or that the "rules" of SF are too obscure to be followed, I leave to the discretion of the viewer.
Blazer & trousers - BB
Shirt - Ike Behar
Tie - PRL
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
PS - no name brand
Boots - Cheaney, via Harrod's
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #50256 of 787194/26/13 at 4:48amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Poasting for the friday challenge...
When I first got this jacket I was happy with the shoulder expression, but the more I look at it, the more I dislike the overall silhouette. Can't quite figure out what to do to make future commissions look better, perhaps it's just my body shape. I was thinking some more shoulder extension, leaner chest, less padding, fuller sleeves and more closed quarters, but I can't be sure about the results.
Diaz gotta agree - way below yr usual stellar fits. The silhouette is more morning-dress-at-Royal-Ascot than 2013 Madrid. The roped and pagoda'd shoulder is mannered; the baggy-legged plaid could be from my grandfather's closet; and worse still the black oxfords and white shirt shouldn't be in the same room with that beautiful summery Drakes? square.post #50257 of 787194/26/13 at 4:53ampost #50258 of 787194/26/13 at 4:59am
Thank you, Derek. I found them at Harrod's a couple of years ago - within hours of landing at Heathrow - and searched the town for anything better, for well over a week, and couldn't find their equal, so I bought them.post #50259 of 787194/26/13 at 5:01amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Yeah, there's room at the top front, perhaps because I asked for a roomier chest. I shouldn't have done such a thing with MTM (bespoke would have been a different animal, as the excess could have been manipulated to drape gracefully). I think it would look better if the chest was leaner, and the shoulders wider (at the top of the armscye only - I'm not talking about point-to-point measurement).
Diaz, I think the top half looks pretty good--its the bottom of the jacket that looks a bit strange IMO.
The only thing I can conclusively say I'd change is closing the quarters a wee bit. Don't go all the way, but they are Liverano-style open right now, and that isn't working for you. I also think the jacket may be a bit long, which could lend a bit to the "morning dress" look that Pliny mentioned. Beyond that... I don't really know what else to change I'm wondering if the button stance should be moved up a bit to add a bit more to the waist suppression, but I'm not surepost #50260 of 787194/26/13 at 5:01amQuote:
i love the jodhpur style. My dad has a bespoke pair that he's worn maybe a dozen times...he hates them...i love them. Ive hinted that he needs to donate them to mepost #50261 of 787194/26/13 at 5:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
Just noticed my pocket is damaged! On top of that the sunny weather of yesterday is gone, it's such a gloomy day. Luckily it's Friday!Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Lovely tie monkeyface!post #50262 of 787194/26/13 at 5:06ampost #50263 of 787194/26/13 at 5:08ampost #50264 of 787194/26/13 at 5:09am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 38 seconds ago
- › SF Cheap Functional Buttonholes 47 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Video Games 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1