Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:38 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3347
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50192 of 787214/25/13 at 9:12am
TBH, that makes no sense to me whatsoever. Show me the rule book.
Honestly, honestly, I think you need to lighten up on squares (it seems like you are 99% toward a white TV fold, and I seem to remember you saying you disliked other folds--which is fine). I think there are always several options for any fit in regards to colour and to a much lesser extent material. I think folds can be applied well, but in no way whatsoever ruin a fit. 'Rules' like no coloured edges are just... IDK... ruining in themselves.post #50193 of 787214/25/13 at 9:13ampost #50194 of 787214/25/13 at 9:13ampost #50195 of 787214/25/13 at 9:14ampost #50196 of 787214/25/13 at 9:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Barroomheroes
Yes, I need some new colar stays for sure. This suit was the first suit I purchased.. Paid more in alterations than the suit but being the sole provider of a family of five you gotta do what you gotta do... The forecast called for rain so I tossed the TBNY's on... Ill try again tomorrow. I'm a Sales Manager so smiling is a must! =} see....
keep at it, i look forward to seeing your progress!Quote:Originally Posted by timotune
new Lazio-suit. Fresh out of the box, zero alterations.
Maybe I will have the pants hemmed, nothing else to do. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
could use a bit of a hem, but i love the combo and the fit is quite nice.Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
The weather has finally been really nice here the last couple of days, so I decided to bring out a lighter jacket that has been in storage over the winter. Needless to say, once I got to work it almost immediately started to rain . So much for spring..... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
love it.Quote:Originally Posted by DerekS
not 100% on this today. I havent worn this tie in months and months...wanted to give it some wear...second guessing my choice though. I purged a lot of ties recently...maybe this one will be next. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
have the same tie in a blue/teal combo. not SF approved and not super versatile, but when used right i think its awesome. id say keep it.post #50197 of 787214/25/13 at 9:18ampost #50198 of 787214/25/13 at 9:19ampost #50199 of 787214/25/13 at 9:19amQuote:Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Honestly, honestly, I think you need to lighten up on squares (it seems like you are 99% toward a white TV fold, and I seem to remember you saying you disliked other folds--which is fine). I think there are always several options for any fit in regards to colour and to a much lesser extent material. I think folds can be applied well, but in no way whatsoever ruin a fit. 'Rules' like no coloured edges are just... IDK... ruining in themselves.
I only wear white linen in a TV fold, but that is not all I find acceptable. I find many, many others acceptable, however if it isn't white linen, it shouldn't be folded, it should be puffed with no edges showing. I think contrast edges are tacky, a few steps above flashy even.post #50200 of 787214/25/13 at 9:22ampost #50201 of 787214/25/13 at 9:23am
Thanks, what's wrong with the shirt? It's a light blue OCBD, except the buttons are behind the collar. I'm not a big fan of buttondowns where you can see the buttons, and I don't care much for collar roll either, except if it's a tab collar. I guess it's just a pet peeve of mine, but I just don't like seeing the buttons, it seems a little messy to me.Quote:Quote:Quote:
This is a white linen square with navy edges. It's in the TV fold, albeit folded a little bit more nonchalantly. I've seen plenty of SF members do it, and I've certainly never seen a rule against it.post #50202 of 787214/25/13 at 9:23amthat being said....
cool instagram-ey chest shot (no nips) (Click to show)post #50203 of 787214/25/13 at 9:24ampost #50204 of 787214/25/13 at 9:26ampost #50205 of 787214/25/13 at 9:29amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
that being said....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm usually not a fan of instagram, but I think that closeup of your tie looks great! I'm not sure if i'm seeing this correctly, but are the flowers in your tie somewhat similar to those on your socks? If so, great detail!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUN... 41 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › NWT Rare $975 Givenchy Paris Multi-Colored Columani Striped Polo... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › NWT Sz L $1,345 Stefano Ricci Embroided Pleated Silk Bow Tie &... 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...