Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3347
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50192 of 787194/25/13 at 9:12am
TBH, that makes no sense to me whatsoever. Show me the rule book.
Honestly, honestly, I think you need to lighten up on squares (it seems like you are 99% toward a white TV fold, and I seem to remember you saying you disliked other folds--which is fine). I think there are always several options for any fit in regards to colour and to a much lesser extent material. I think folds can be applied well, but in no way whatsoever ruin a fit. 'Rules' like no coloured edges are just... IDK... ruining in themselves.post #50193 of 787194/25/13 at 9:13ampost #50194 of 787194/25/13 at 9:13ampost #50195 of 787194/25/13 at 9:14ampost #50196 of 787194/25/13 at 9:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Barroomheroes
Yes, I need some new colar stays for sure. This suit was the first suit I purchased.. Paid more in alterations than the suit but being the sole provider of a family of five you gotta do what you gotta do... The forecast called for rain so I tossed the TBNY's on... Ill try again tomorrow. I'm a Sales Manager so smiling is a must! =} see....
keep at it, i look forward to seeing your progress!Quote:Originally Posted by timotune
new Lazio-suit. Fresh out of the box, zero alterations.
Maybe I will have the pants hemmed, nothing else to do. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
could use a bit of a hem, but i love the combo and the fit is quite nice.Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
The weather has finally been really nice here the last couple of days, so I decided to bring out a lighter jacket that has been in storage over the winter. Needless to say, once I got to work it almost immediately started to rain . So much for spring..... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
love it.Quote:Originally Posted by DerekS
not 100% on this today. I havent worn this tie in months and months...wanted to give it some wear...second guessing my choice though. I purged a lot of ties recently...maybe this one will be next. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
have the same tie in a blue/teal combo. not SF approved and not super versatile, but when used right i think its awesome. id say keep it.post #50197 of 787194/25/13 at 9:18ampost #50198 of 787194/25/13 at 9:19ampost #50199 of 787194/25/13 at 9:19amQuote:Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Honestly, honestly, I think you need to lighten up on squares (it seems like you are 99% toward a white TV fold, and I seem to remember you saying you disliked other folds--which is fine). I think there are always several options for any fit in regards to colour and to a much lesser extent material. I think folds can be applied well, but in no way whatsoever ruin a fit. 'Rules' like no coloured edges are just... IDK... ruining in themselves.
I only wear white linen in a TV fold, but that is not all I find acceptable. I find many, many others acceptable, however if it isn't white linen, it shouldn't be folded, it should be puffed with no edges showing. I think contrast edges are tacky, a few steps above flashy even.post #50200 of 787194/25/13 at 9:22ampost #50201 of 787194/25/13 at 9:23am
Thanks, what's wrong with the shirt? It's a light blue OCBD, except the buttons are behind the collar. I'm not a big fan of buttondowns where you can see the buttons, and I don't care much for collar roll either, except if it's a tab collar. I guess it's just a pet peeve of mine, but I just don't like seeing the buttons, it seems a little messy to me.Quote:Quote:Quote:
This is a white linen square with navy edges. It's in the TV fold, albeit folded a little bit more nonchalantly. I've seen plenty of SF members do it, and I've certainly never seen a rule against it.post #50202 of 787194/25/13 at 9:23amthat being said....
cool instagram-ey chest shot (no nips) (Click to show)post #50203 of 787194/25/13 at 9:24ampost #50204 of 787194/25/13 at 9:26ampost #50205 of 787194/25/13 at 9:29amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
that being said....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm usually not a fan of instagram, but I think that closeup of your tie looks great! I'm not sure if i'm seeing this correctly, but are the flowers in your tie somewhat similar to those on your socks? If so, great detail!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Australian Members 53 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 15 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...