Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3347post #50191 of 787234/25/13 at 9:09am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50192 of 787234/25/13 at 9:11ampost #50193 of 787234/25/13 at 9:12am
TBH, that makes no sense to me whatsoever. Show me the rule book.
Honestly, honestly, I think you need to lighten up on squares (it seems like you are 99% toward a white TV fold, and I seem to remember you saying you disliked other folds--which is fine). I think there are always several options for any fit in regards to colour and to a much lesser extent material. I think folds can be applied well, but in no way whatsoever ruin a fit. 'Rules' like no coloured edges are just... IDK... ruining in themselves.post #50194 of 787234/25/13 at 9:13ampost #50195 of 787234/25/13 at 9:13ampost #50196 of 787234/25/13 at 9:14ampost #50197 of 787234/25/13 at 9:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Barroomheroes
Yes, I need some new colar stays for sure. This suit was the first suit I purchased.. Paid more in alterations than the suit but being the sole provider of a family of five you gotta do what you gotta do... The forecast called for rain so I tossed the TBNY's on... Ill try again tomorrow. I'm a Sales Manager so smiling is a must! =} see....
keep at it, i look forward to seeing your progress!Quote:Originally Posted by timotune
new Lazio-suit. Fresh out of the box, zero alterations.
Maybe I will have the pants hemmed, nothing else to do. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
could use a bit of a hem, but i love the combo and the fit is quite nice.Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
The weather has finally been really nice here the last couple of days, so I decided to bring out a lighter jacket that has been in storage over the winter. Needless to say, once I got to work it almost immediately started to rain . So much for spring..... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
love it.Quote:Originally Posted by DerekS
not 100% on this today. I havent worn this tie in months and months...wanted to give it some wear...second guessing my choice though. I purged a lot of ties recently...maybe this one will be next. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
have the same tie in a blue/teal combo. not SF approved and not super versatile, but when used right i think its awesome. id say keep it.post #50198 of 787234/25/13 at 9:18ampost #50199 of 787234/25/13 at 9:19ampost #50200 of 787234/25/13 at 9:19amQuote:Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Honestly, honestly, I think you need to lighten up on squares (it seems like you are 99% toward a white TV fold, and I seem to remember you saying you disliked other folds--which is fine). I think there are always several options for any fit in regards to colour and to a much lesser extent material. I think folds can be applied well, but in no way whatsoever ruin a fit. 'Rules' like no coloured edges are just... IDK... ruining in themselves.
I only wear white linen in a TV fold, but that is not all I find acceptable. I find many, many others acceptable, however if it isn't white linen, it shouldn't be folded, it should be puffed with no edges showing. I think contrast edges are tacky, a few steps above flashy even.post #50201 of 787234/25/13 at 9:22ampost #50202 of 787234/25/13 at 9:23am
Thanks, what's wrong with the shirt? It's a light blue OCBD, except the buttons are behind the collar. I'm not a big fan of buttondowns where you can see the buttons, and I don't care much for collar roll either, except if it's a tab collar. I guess it's just a pet peeve of mine, but I just don't like seeing the buttons, it seems a little messy to me.Quote:Quote:Quote:
This is a white linen square with navy edges. It's in the TV fold, albeit folded a little bit more nonchalantly. I've seen plenty of SF members do it, and I've certainly never seen a rule against it.post #50203 of 787234/25/13 at 9:23amthat being said....
cool instagram-ey chest shot (no nips) (Click to show)post #50204 of 787234/25/13 at 9:24am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Banana Republic belted trench coat 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › *Limited Edition* - EDWARD GREEN - Like Brand New - 8.5/9E - *Mod.... 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Gitman Vintage for Opening Ceremony Zebra Camo 8 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...