Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3338post #50056 of 787214/23/13 at 12:07pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50057 of 787214/23/13 at 12:26pmpost #50058 of 787214/23/13 at 12:32pmpost #50059 of 787214/23/13 at 12:33pmpost #50060 of 787214/23/13 at 12:39pmpost #50061 of 787214/23/13 at 12:45pmpost #50062 of 787214/23/13 at 12:46pmpost #50063 of 787214/23/13 at 12:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Pretty standard clodhopper derbies...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They look totally different in the closeup. The other picture looked like some square toed fire-starter material. Strange.post #50064 of 787214/23/13 at 1:13pm
I am an American, born of goodly parents - who were of the Greatest Generation. My father was born on a Kansas farm and grew up with Dwight Eisenhower in the same school district - the home of the first American High School. My father also was friends with Patrick J Hurley, who became the Secretary of War in WW2 - which was where my father met my mother while she was working for Mr Hurley in the Washington DC office. I was the first to be born when my father married for the first time at age 51 at the close of WW2 (he served in WW1, WW2, and Korea before retiring as an Air Force Colonel). My mother was also born and raised with an exceptional set of examples in Washington DC.
My parents embedded in me the ability to ask questions when I needed to learn. They taught me there are no stupid questions. It appears I have made a mistake in asking a question in which you felt to answer in the manner you did. If I have offended you, I apologize.post #50065 of 787214/23/13 at 1:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spandexter
Feeling a little casual today. Not overly happy with the tie selection but eh....
I like it.
Earlier in the day I asked another question of a similar jacket about the length. Your choice of length seems very close to the alignment of the tip of your hand. Is that a Long or Extra Long Jacket?post #50066 of 787214/23/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
Thanks so much for the tip.
I'd like to ask you about the following 3-suit topic:Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
I finally received my latest suit last Friday - a three-piece tweed suit from P&H's Glenroyal book. Too bad tweed-season is basically over! I just wore it today to see if there was anything I need to adjust, then it will likely go right into storage, only to be seen again come autumn.
(I haven't opened the pockets yet, so hence no PS).
Where can I purchase a suit of this kind?
(I found one in the UK for about $1000 US - all tweed. But I'd like to get another referral).post #50067 of 787214/23/13 at 1:31pmpost #50068 of 787214/23/13 at 1:36pmQuote:
It's actually on the shorter side of regular (Boglioli). The length is exaggerated by the pose and also the fact my left shoulder is a fair bit lower than my right (again due to the pose). When standing properly the length is where it should be for such a casual, cotton jacket.
Also, thanks for the positive feedback guys.
@Stitchy, It's Hober so of course I love it but felt I missed an opportunity by not including some pattern.post #50069 of 787214/23/13 at 1:46pmpost #50070 of 787214/23/13 at 1:54pm
He's definitely a troll, we should all just ignore him.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › A morning at Horween Leather Company. 59 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE MAY 29 2015: Dress like a Fruit...or Vegetable 2 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan