Nothing inherently, but the scale of that one seems a bit large for my taste. I have a too-large tattersall, so I judge from a sympathetic perspective.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3338post #50056 of 787224/23/13 at 12:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50057 of 787224/23/13 at 12:07pmpost #50058 of 787224/23/13 at 12:26pmpost #50059 of 787224/23/13 at 12:32pmpost #50060 of 787224/23/13 at 12:33pmpost #50061 of 787224/23/13 at 12:39pmpost #50062 of 787224/23/13 at 12:45pmpost #50063 of 787224/23/13 at 12:46pmpost #50064 of 787224/23/13 at 12:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Pretty standard clodhopper derbies...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They look totally different in the closeup. The other picture looked like some square toed fire-starter material. Strange.post #50065 of 787224/23/13 at 1:13pm
I am an American, born of goodly parents - who were of the Greatest Generation. My father was born on a Kansas farm and grew up with Dwight Eisenhower in the same school district - the home of the first American High School. My father also was friends with Patrick J Hurley, who became the Secretary of War in WW2 - which was where my father met my mother while she was working for Mr Hurley in the Washington DC office. I was the first to be born when my father married for the first time at age 51 at the close of WW2 (he served in WW1, WW2, and Korea before retiring as an Air Force Colonel). My mother was also born and raised with an exceptional set of examples in Washington DC.
My parents embedded in me the ability to ask questions when I needed to learn. They taught me there are no stupid questions. It appears I have made a mistake in asking a question in which you felt to answer in the manner you did. If I have offended you, I apologize.post #50066 of 787224/23/13 at 1:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spandexter
Feeling a little casual today. Not overly happy with the tie selection but eh....
I like it.
Earlier in the day I asked another question of a similar jacket about the length. Your choice of length seems very close to the alignment of the tip of your hand. Is that a Long or Extra Long Jacket?post #50067 of 787224/23/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
Thanks so much for the tip.
I'd like to ask you about the following 3-suit topic:Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
I finally received my latest suit last Friday - a three-piece tweed suit from P&H's Glenroyal book. Too bad tweed-season is basically over! I just wore it today to see if there was anything I need to adjust, then it will likely go right into storage, only to be seen again come autumn.
(I haven't opened the pockets yet, so hence no PS).
Where can I purchase a suit of this kind?
(I found one in the UK for about $1000 US - all tweed. But I'd like to get another referral).post #50068 of 787224/23/13 at 1:31pmpost #50069 of 787224/23/13 at 1:36pmQuote:
It's actually on the shorter side of regular (Boglioli). The length is exaggerated by the pose and also the fact my left shoulder is a fair bit lower than my right (again due to the pose). When standing properly the length is where it should be for such a casual, cotton jacket.
Also, thanks for the positive feedback guys.
@Stitchy, It's Hober so of course I love it but felt I missed an opportunity by not including some pattern.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran... 19 seconds ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran... 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 4 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 5 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...