Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:45 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3338post #50056 of 787214/23/13 at 12:07pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50057 of 787214/23/13 at 12:26pmpost #50058 of 787214/23/13 at 12:32pmpost #50059 of 787214/23/13 at 12:33pmpost #50060 of 787214/23/13 at 12:39pmpost #50061 of 787214/23/13 at 12:45pmpost #50062 of 787214/23/13 at 12:46pmpost #50063 of 787214/23/13 at 12:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Pretty standard clodhopper derbies...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They look totally different in the closeup. The other picture looked like some square toed fire-starter material. Strange.post #50064 of 787214/23/13 at 1:13pm
I am an American, born of goodly parents - who were of the Greatest Generation. My father was born on a Kansas farm and grew up with Dwight Eisenhower in the same school district - the home of the first American High School. My father also was friends with Patrick J Hurley, who became the Secretary of War in WW2 - which was where my father met my mother while she was working for Mr Hurley in the Washington DC office. I was the first to be born when my father married for the first time at age 51 at the close of WW2 (he served in WW1, WW2, and Korea before retiring as an Air Force Colonel). My mother was also born and raised with an exceptional set of examples in Washington DC.
My parents embedded in me the ability to ask questions when I needed to learn. They taught me there are no stupid questions. It appears I have made a mistake in asking a question in which you felt to answer in the manner you did. If I have offended you, I apologize.post #50065 of 787214/23/13 at 1:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spandexter
Feeling a little casual today. Not overly happy with the tie selection but eh....
I like it.
Earlier in the day I asked another question of a similar jacket about the length. Your choice of length seems very close to the alignment of the tip of your hand. Is that a Long or Extra Long Jacket?post #50066 of 787214/23/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
Thanks so much for the tip.
I'd like to ask you about the following 3-suit topic:Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
I finally received my latest suit last Friday - a three-piece tweed suit from P&H's Glenroyal book. Too bad tweed-season is basically over! I just wore it today to see if there was anything I need to adjust, then it will likely go right into storage, only to be seen again come autumn.
(I haven't opened the pockets yet, so hence no PS).
Where can I purchase a suit of this kind?
(I found one in the UK for about $1000 US - all tweed. But I'd like to get another referral).post #50067 of 787214/23/13 at 1:31pmpost #50068 of 787214/23/13 at 1:36pmQuote:
It's actually on the shorter side of regular (Boglioli). The length is exaggerated by the pose and also the fact my left shoulder is a fair bit lower than my right (again due to the pose). When standing properly the length is where it should be for such a casual, cotton jacket.
Also, thanks for the positive feedback guys.
@Stitchy, It's Hober so of course I love it but felt I missed an opportunity by not including some pattern.post #50069 of 787214/23/13 at 1:46pmpost #50070 of 787214/23/13 at 1:54pm
He's definitely a troll, we should all just ignore him.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 29 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 49 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015