Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3334
Styleforum Top Pickspost #49997 of 787224/22/13 at 3:14pmpost #49998 of 787224/22/13 at 3:16pmpost #49999 of 787224/22/13 at 3:26pmpost #50000 of 787224/22/13 at 3:29pmpost #50001 of 787224/22/13 at 4:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I always enjoy seeing what you do with that shirt. Largely so I can steal ideas to use myself, having a shirt in the same fabric! Actually, I notice that we tend to gravitate to the same basic concepts for it: either a solid/severe navy or grey suited look, with the shirt as the only non-severe point of interest, or a casual earthy combo like this one, with navy up top. It's a tricky fabric, but an enjoyable one to integrate into looks. Have you come up with any other ideas for it?
Thanks, it can be tricky and one of those shirts, as you'd now that can only come out every month or so. Honestly I don't think too much further than the next day ahead but it works well with navy, darker green and brown fairly well. It balances out earth colours quite well I think.
Today, back to business
Suit: MJ Bale
Tie: Henry Carter houndstooth wool 3 fold
Shoes: Meermin MTO
PS: Henry Carter Irish linenpost #50002 of 787224/22/13 at 4:13pmpost #50003 of 787224/22/13 at 4:17pmpost #50004 of 787224/22/13 at 4:18pmpost #50005 of 787224/22/13 at 4:28pmQuote:
I like the collar alot. How much does he charge for shirts? My cousin is looking for a new shirtmaker and Hamilton is the only shirtmaker I trust. I could however recommend him to your shirtmaker because I like that collar alot.post #50006 of 787224/22/13 at 4:45pmpost #50007 of 787224/22/13 at 5:28pmpost #50008 of 787224/22/13 at 5:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander
Experimenting with a new collar style with Frank...would love to hear your thoughts: Warning: Few Diff. Angles (Click to show)
preamble, the fit is awesome, especially the SC.
regarding the collar. i think on you it looks very elegant. its long enough, but not too long. personally, i have a hard a time with collars that do not go under the lapels, but that is more of a personal thing, as its really only problematic when its a spread collar that is too short. this is not a spread collar, its really effectively a point. i do like the button under the collar and how it lifts the tie though.
i wouldnt recommend it for a beginner building their shirting collection, but for someone like you who has the staples covered, i think it makes a great edition. why not get a few?post #50009 of 787224/22/13 at 5:43pmThanks guys...shoes are Carmina Shell Fitzgeralds from Epaulet.
Stichy, yea, thats what i was thinking. I have my basic collar from Ercoles, the spread, but I think this is a nice twist. I would like the tab to be a bit tighter to create a slightly more dramatic "roll", but aside from that, I'm pretty happy with it. Will have to get two shirts made everytime now, one standard, one tab.post #50010 of 787224/22/13 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander
Stichy, yea, thats what i was thinking. I have my basic collar from Ercoles, the spread, but I think this is a nice twist. I would like the tab to be a bit tighter to create a slightly more dramatic "roll", but aside from that, I'm pretty happy with it. Will have to get two shirts made everytime now, one standard, one tab.
it is a nice twist! i guess you could go with a higher tab, but that depends on how spreezy/#menswear you want to go. right now i like the height. noticeable, but not OTT. to each their own though.
of course get 2!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1108 Active Users (178 Members and 930 Guests)
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 22 minutes ago
- › HONOURMARK - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 22 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 22 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 30 minutes ago
- › Designing My Own Line of Shoes - Help Me Gentlemen 32 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 33 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 57 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)