Good to see you back!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3333
Styleforum Top Pickspost #49982 of 787224/22/13 at 9:59ampost #49983 of 787224/22/13 at 10:21am
Well, I'm not wearing it today, but I will be tomorrow and couldn't wait-
If you're going to Dubai, let's face it you HAVE to go to the Dubai Mall- it has 1,200 stores, is beside the world's tallest building, and where else can you go and shop at John Lobb, Tom Ford, and Thomas Pink within a stone's throw of each other??
This here's the shit- please excuse the bad iphone white balance, it's a beautiful light and dark blue stripe, from here-
And how many of you ballers have paid 650 bucks for a shirt??
Okay, it's 650 AED dirhams- about $185 US... lol
I can't decide if it makes me feel rich to pay hundreds for everything, or feel poor because it feels like I'm spending a lot...
Either way, if you come to Dubai bring money!!
PS- Gas here is about 50 cents a liter- outside The Address Hotel (yes, that's the name) in the underground parking were more Rolls Royce than I've ever seen in even car magazines all at the same time...post #49984 of 787224/22/13 at 10:24ampost #49985 of 787224/22/13 at 10:37ampost #49986 of 787224/22/13 at 11:08ampost #49987 of 787224/22/13 at 11:09ampost #49988 of 787224/22/13 at 11:12amOriginally Posted by Henry Carter
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I always enjoy seeing what you do with that shirt. Largely so I can steal ideas to use myself, having a shirt in the same fabric! Actually, I notice that we tend to gravitate to the same basic concepts for it: either a solid/severe navy or grey suited look, with the shirt as the only non-severe point of interest, or a casual earthy combo like this one, with navy up top. It's a tricky fabric, but an enjoyable one to integrate into looks. Have you come up with any other ideas for it?
Great suit. I think I have a suit in the same P&H herringbone fabric, albeit in mid/dark-grey. It's a substantial weight, but hangs beautifully as a result.Originally Posted by Spandexter
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I dig the choice of black shoes here. I think most would have gone for something like oxblood, but I like the austerity of using black here (assuming the trousers are pearl grey, not beige).Originally Posted by kischi
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Love this, especialy the choice of the contrast collar shirt with that tie.
Turned out to be a hectic day. With an inadvertantly-prophetic hectic bit of pattern play!post #49989 of 787224/22/13 at 11:39ampost #49990 of 787224/22/13 at 12:10pmpost #49991 of 787224/22/13 at 12:30pmpost #49992 of 787224/22/13 at 12:36pmpost #49993 of 787224/22/13 at 1:22pm
+1Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)FOR TEH LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND RIGHT IN THIS WORLD CAN WE PLEASE USE SPOILERS?!?!?!
+1000post #49994 of 787224/22/13 at 1:25pm
holdfast: I have a purple gingham too; like you guys I like it with navy. I also wore it a lot as a casual look this winter with just tan slacks and a BR silk sweater in a very similar purple, with a brown messenger coat on top. I find it pretty tricky to work into more dressy outfits though.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Suitable NYC Suits Opinion 28 seconds ago
- › Friday Challenge: Windowpane or Glen PlaidFeb 27th, 2015 1 minute ago
- › Rules for Blazers/pants that don't match? 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...