Edited by Requiem - 4/21/13 at 7:44am
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3331
Styleforum Top Pickspost #49952 of 787224/21/13 at 10:23am
Thanks, it's bespoke - albeit some years old now - made at the Rayner & Sturges factory. Coming towards the end of its life now; there's a fair bit of fraying at various points.Originally Posted by Crat
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Two great looks; I love the splashes of yellow. I've recently become interested in the colour again, especially used somewhat incongruously in combinations where it wouldn't "normally" go. Today's look is another experiment in that vein. I wore this jacket on Friday at part of the grey/black challenge but it made me wonder whether essentially the same monochrome look would still work if I added in just one outrageously bright colour element. It doesn't quite work in the fit I tried today, but I believe it would have if I'd added in a casual black tie to counterbalance the visual lower-half impact of the yellow, but a tie on Sunday is a step too far for me!post #49953 of 787224/21/13 at 7:04pmpost #49954 of 787224/21/13 at 11:37pmpost #49955 of 787224/22/13 at 2:41amI finally received my latest suit last Friday - a three-piece tweed suit from P&H's Glenroyal book. Too bad tweed-season is basically over! I just wore it today to see if there was anything I need to adjust, then it will likely go right into storage, only to be seen again come autumn.
(I haven't opened the pockets yet, so hence no PS).post #49956 of 787224/22/13 at 4:16ampost #49957 of 787224/22/13 at 4:31amTemperatures are still rather wintry in NYC today - it won't go above 12C/54F today, which is why I'm giving this topcoat and hat a final hurrah this morning.
Suit - BB
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Drake's
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - C & J
Topcoat - JAB
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft
Hat - Selentino, vis JJ Hat Center
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #49958 of 787224/22/13 at 4:36ampost #49959 of 787224/22/13 at 4:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
I finally received my latest suit last Friday - a three-piece tweed suit from P&H's Glenroyal book. Too bad tweed-season is basically over! I just wore it today to see if there was anything I need to adjust, then it will likely go right into storage, only to be seen again come autumn.
(I haven't opened the pockets yet, so hence no PS).
Now THAT is a Professor Suit!post #49960 of 787224/22/13 at 5:09ampost #49961 of 787224/22/13 at 5:15amQuote:Originally Posted by MrDanielsQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
I finally received my latest suit last Friday - a three-piece tweed suit from P&H's Glenroyal book. Too bad tweed-season is basically over! I just wore it today to see if there was anything I need to adjust, then it will likely go right into storage, only to be seen again come autumn. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Now THAT is a Professor Suit!
I have to admit that this served as an inspiration....post #49962 of 787224/22/13 at 5:25am
^^ always liked this tradly look on him-
Quote:Originally Posted by sherlocksmycrof
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Didn't have access to a good camera at the time.
Also, forgot to fetch a pocket square.
MTM 3-Piece Tom Ford suit
The jacket is too long??
Long yes- altho yr armsr hitched up- but not too long IMOpost #49963 of 787224/22/13 at 6:01amQuote:
I don't think the jacket is too long. I'd be interested in seeing a better pic of the suit. We don't see many Tom Ford made to measure pieces around here (assuming it was made to measure for you).post #49964 of 787224/22/13 at 6:10am
Ping: that is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in this thread. Jolly well done.
Sherlock: it's only too long if you're Justin Bieber. Otherwise, nice whistle.
DerekS; Most pleasant. By the way, I called you a "seat-sniffing pimp" in the watch thread. But you weren't there, so I wouldn't like anyone to think I'm talking behind your back.
Good day, all. xpost #49965 of 787224/22/13 at 6:15am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Suitsupply NYC 27 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › *** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! *** 6 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Danish Brands - Can this article be trusted? 6 minutes ago
- › NFL 2014-15 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...